Your Favorite Battle

What is your favorite driver battle?

For me, this win will always stick out. Seeing the flames and big DUPONT in Rusty's rear view camera is iconic.

I had a chance to be at that race, but the opportunity came together on Thursday night, and with me being gone so much with my own racing stuff, I reluctantly turned it down. I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since. :mad:

What is your favorite driver battle?

For me, this win will always stick out. Seeing the flames and big DUPONT in Rusty's rear view camera is iconic.

Bristol ruled back then. What were they ever thinking when the changed that track.

So this is better than anything going today imo and you didn’t need even need a Playoff points system for this drama. Major Championship implications here, Miss that track every year.

I wanted Andretti to win, but it was cool to watch one final duel between the Wood Brothers 21 and Petty 43.

Would've been cool if Petty had got the first win for Dodge though. John Andretti was a criminally underrated driver.

Man, I love Tony Stewart, but I really disliked him for a while back then. He wrecks himself, then throws a temper tantrum and wrecks Gordon on pit road LOL. I remember that like it was yesterday

Man, I love Tony Stewart, but I really disliked him for a while back then. He wrecks himself, then throws a temper tantrum and wrecks Gordon on pit road LOL. I remember that like it was yesterday
He also took Gordon out at Dover in the first 25 laps or so

Matt Kenseth vs Jeff Burton at Dover 06, Texas 07

Kyle Larson vs Jeff Gordon Kansas 2014

Jeff Gordon vs Jimmie Johnson Martinsville 2007

Ambrose and Keselowski had a good one the year before as well
I actually watched that clip while looking for 2012 because I couldn't remember which year this instance that came to mind was. Both road courses have provided some great battles for the win.

I actually watched that clip while looking for 2012 because I couldn't remember which year this instance that came to mind was. Both road courses have provided some great battles for the win.

This is why we need to do one or two in Europe. Road course racing is flat out awesome, sadly Americans just aren't into it. Just look at the beating Indy has taken becoming so road course heavy

This is why we need to do one or two in Europe. Road course racing is flat out awesome, sadly Americans just aren't into it. Just look at the beating Indy has taken becoming so road course heavy
There's one feature of ovals that wins out over road courses: you can see the whole dang track from the majority of the seats. It may be that Americans are accustomed to that, and aren't into r/c's because of the limited visibility at tracks other than the rovals.

Just one 'Murican's opinion.

Senna V Prost.

suzuka89-2056753.jpg

Back
Top Bottom