Your favorite Daytona 500 moment?

T

timbo

I have 2

When Dale finally won his Daytona 500

and when Bobby beat Davey finished 1-2, that was a great father son moment

1979 Daytona not just the race, it ended one of Richard Pettys longest droughts.

From the before my time reports, I would say 1963 and Tiny Lund in the one off Woods Brothers deal.

"20 years of trying, 20 years of frustration......"

"It's over, it's Earnhardt!"

Jamie Mcmurray's victory lane interview

1998-Daytona-500-Dale-Earnhardt-005779484.jpg

My favorite was my first time being live at the Daytona 500 and standing at the start finish line right next to the track (you could do that then) on the third lap after the green flag, and brothers and sisters, I was fully hooked from then on. :punkrocke

Looking back now, I wish I had enjoyed 1998 more. I was a big Bobby Labonte fan. I was so disappointed at him coming so close that I didn't enjoy Earnhardt winning like I should have.

It's hard to choose a favorite moment. 93 is probably the greatest 500, 94 when Sterling finally got a win. Hendrick getting a 1 2 3. If Craven had won that one, that'd be it. 2002 when Ward shocked everybody. Jamie McMurray would be up there. Last year would have been up there if the race ended a few yards sooner, I just can't stand Hamlin. Jeff Gordon calling Rick Hendrick from victory lane on the old cell phone was pretty cool. Michael Waltrip finally getting to celebrate in 2003 is another. I just can't pick one.

2007 Daytona 500, as much as it infuriates me NASCAR didn't throw the caution. Mark Martin and Kevin Harvick were my two favorites, couldn't ask for a better ending. Well, except for NASCAR not throwing the caution LOL.

Sterling Marlin's win in 1994 and Trevor Bayne's win in 2011 were up there too. Also enjoyed the 2002 Daytona 500 in its entirety.

Great thread. I have 3 favorites: 1.) Jeff Gordon winning in 1997 2.) Dale Earnhardt winning in 1998 3.) Jr's win in 2004

I actually liked the 2012 race as well. It was fun having it on a Monday night/Tuesday morning, and countless jet dryer jokes were born.

I actually liked the 2012 race as well. It was fun having it on a Monday night/Tuesday morning, and countless jet dryer jokes were born.

The second 500 I missed. The first was 2003, local FOX station pre-empted coverage of the race because of a snowstorm.

About 10 seconds in, Steven Wallace hits the fence.

Best moment as a race fan. I went nuts on the last lap my little girl started crying because I was holding her while watching. My wife ran out from the kitchen asking me waht the hell was going on and then saw Kurt in the lead and was like "Come on come on come on!"

Baby calmed down real quick, took me a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom