Your Favorite Sport Moments

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Though of this idea before but never have done it. What are some of your favorite sport moments outside of racing? Here are some of mine.

As a Philadelphia fan this is the only championship in my lifetime so of course this, with the great Harry Kalas on the call

And good old 4th and 26

You could also add the 2010 NHL playoffs when the Flyers came back from down 3 games to zero and down 3-0 in game 7 to win the series

Ohio State beating Alabama in the 2015 (2014 season) Sugar Bowl. To me, this was a bigger deal than winning the National Championship the next week. Being a Buckeyes fan in the heart of SEC country made it extra sweet.

The Titans "Music City Miracle" against the Bills in the '99 AFC Wild Card game is up there too.

Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson sealing up the Heisman trophies with punt returns against Ohio.

Ken Griffey Jr getting his 600th home run.

Lebron's block in game 7 against the Warriors.

Lebron James "The Decision" which led to 2 more rings for my Heat.

1997 Wolverines winning the National Championship

1990 Cincinnati Reds winning the World Series

Tim Tebow beating the Pukesburgh Steelers in the playoffs.

The "return" of the Cleveland Browns in 1999. (Very bittersweet)

This is my favorite sports video clip of all time.

This is my all time favorite non racing sports moment of all time. Right after Katrina destroyed the gulf coast.

Some of my other favorite sport moments include events I was at.
The 2014 ALDS Game 1 was awesome, so much energy in the stadium that night and that 8th inning was awesome.

Also the 2016 Quicken Loans National I went to was pretty awesome too. Billy Hurley III, a local Maryland guy and a Navy grad won his 1st PGA event in Maryland, his chip-in on 15th was awesome as I was to the right side of the green.

I'll post some more later, but this even with the crappy season the Falcons had, made it a bit better for me. Surely since they win on to win this game.

Though of this idea before but never have done it. What are some of your favorite sport moments outside of racing? Here are some of mine.

That whole Ravens vs. Broncos game was great. Them winning that Superbowl was great. They beat three of my five hated teams in the playoffs. (Broncos, Pats, 49ers)

That whole Ravens vs. Broncos game was great. Them winning that Superbowl was great. They beat three of my five hated teams in the playoffs. (Broncos, Pats, 49ers)
That whole super bowl run was incredible. Was really the last year I was into football, still watch but it was a much game 5 years ago then it is today. We should have back to back Super Bowls, but thanks to Cundiff that wasn't possible. That 5-year span from 2008 to 2012 are some of my favorite years as a sports fan

Alabama vs Penn State-Goal Line Stand

Alabama vs Miami-The Strip

Derrick Thomas-Seven Sacks In One Game

Probably the greatest moment in the history of sport for many Americans who were alive during this time. USA's kids vs. the mighty USSR's professional, unstoppable machine. The "Cold War" and all that played in of course.

Here are three favorites of mine:

This happened 12 years ago and is probably the greatest NBA comeback I have ever seen. Tracy McGrady scored 13 points in 33 seconds and beat the Spurs. The highlight packages produced afterwards didn't do this any justice. You had to see it as it happened, and I did. This is the best video of it IMO.

This was pretty much the changing of the guard in men's tennis - my man Novak Djokovic vs. Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the 2011 US Open. Djokovic had come back from two sets down, but Federer had two match points on his serve in the fifth set. Down 3 games to 5 and 15-40, with the crowd totally against him, Djokovic somehow blasted an incredible cross court forehand return winner. It's the greatest return I have ever seen. He went on to win the game and the match, and then he beat Nadal in the final to win the tournament.

Roberta Vinci beating Serena Williams in the US Open semis in 2015 was also an amazing moment. Vinci was unseeded and Serena was (and still is, though I hate to admit it) the best female tennis player in the world. Unfortunately, I can't find a good video of it. :(

Back
Top Bottom