Your life may depend on this....READ!

fergy1370

Team Owner
McDonalds food is NOT good for you. Look at what the evil, vile empire has done to these poor victims of today's society...

Lawyers Claim Big Macs Make Kids Fat

By DEVLIN BARRETT
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Are Big Macs hazardous to children's health?

Lawyers have filed a class-action lawsuit against McDonald's on behalf of New York children who have suffered health problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity.

In federal court in Manhattan on Wednesday, a lawyer alleged that the fast-food chain has created a national epidemic of obese children. Samuel Hirsch argued that the high fat, sugar and cholesterol content of McDonald's food is ``a very insipid, toxic kind of thing'' when ingested regularly by young kids.

The plaintiffs include a Bronx teen who ate every meal at McDonald's for three years while living in a homeless shelter. Another is a 13-year-old boy from Staten Island who says he ate at McDonald's food three to four times a week and is now 5-foot-4 and 278 pounds.

McDonald's lawyer Brad Lerman insisted the lawsuit was a frivolous attempt to cash in on the Golden Arches, ``the kind of lawsuit that shouldn't be in court.''

``People don't go to sleep thin and wake up obese,'' Lerman said. ``The understanding and comprehension of what hamburgers and french fries do has been with us for a long, long time.''

McDonald's has asked Judge Robert Sweet to dismiss the case, arguing those who filed the claims cannot show their health woes were caused by Big Macs and insisting the company has never misled customers about its food. The judge did not immediately rule on the request.

On the Net:

McDonald's: http://www.mcdonalds.com

I wish it was open season on some people......Maybe just one day a year...Beat An Idiot Day or something like that.....

that is so stupid.. the parents are just in denial that it is their fault their kid is obese

I'm still livid over the money awarded the stupid woman who got burned because of the hot coffee.

fergy, I'm with you --- one day a year --- Beat An Idiot Day.

That really is a load of crap. People can not take responsibility for there own actions. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't McDonalds have healthy alternatives to there burgers? Something like a salid or something?

Ha Ha Ha! Next thing you know they will be telling us that smoking is bad for your health. I'll be someone thinks that playing in the highway is unhealthy too. Where in the world are all these geeks coming from? :cookoo:

The last few years I taught school, I ran into this mentality----It's somebody else's fault.

No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
The last few years I taught school, I ran into this mentality----It's somebody else's fault.

No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions.

see that in nascar as well:p

I got food poisoning twice from them. But, I couldn't prove it. I figured the second time I got it, it was my fault because I should have known better:eek:

When are people going to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions. Unfortunately, stupidity is just annoying, not illegal.:(

Originally posted by nascarwoman
When are people going to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions.  Unfortunately, stupidity is just annoying, not illegal.:(

It's a sociatal thing here. It took years to get this way and it will take forever to get things back to where they make sense. What ever the people want, they will get. Right now, the biggest onus is on people who smoke. The awards they are winning in court don't make sense to me. Crime in Italy, everyone knows that cigs are cancer sticks, yet they feel they can take Big Tobacco to court cause they didn't think it would happen to them. Once Big Tobacco is taken care of, it will be the fast food chains and this is just the first salvo. It doesn't matter that any of this is legal. It is only what the people of this country want. When I was young, unmarried pregnant teenaged girls had a stigma. Not so today. It's the smokers who have that stigma. Go figure.

Just as frivolous as many lawsuits these days, like the woman who sued because the coffee was too hot or the guy who sued (after 2 heart attacks) because fast food made him fat and clogged his arteries:(

I also have had food poisoning 2x from micky D, fooled me once-shame on them, fooled me twice-shame on me... NEVER AGAIN!!!

Back
Top Bottom