Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Jeff Gordon

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
Basically, who wins the 2013 Sprint Cup Championship? I say Jeff Gordon.

Kasey Kahne. I think he can match Jimmie the best, has a good crew chief with speed that is reliable. Kenseth and Kyle Busch are the only others in a realistic discussion to me.... The Fords do not have their program up to snuff and Gordon and Jr. would not win enough imo.. you gotta win at least twice in the chase imo to beat Jimmie this year.

I have thrown a vote for Clint Bowyer, this would be good to see.

There are a number on that list that I would like to see NOT win a championship.... however who cares... they provide the racing that we watch week in and week out.

This might as well be a favorite driver poll. Everyone, including me, wants their driver to win the championship.

Go Gordon!

My favorite driver broke his leg lol.

My second favorite driver is not on the poll..

And I can't vote for Kyle, unsure about the Toyota's HP.

Kasey Kahne. I think he can match Jimmie the best, has a good crew chief with speed that is reliable. Kenseth and Kyle Busch are the only others in a realistic discussion to me.... The Fords do not have their program up to snuff and Gordon and Jr. would not win enough imo.. you gotta win at least twice in the chase imo to beat Jimmie this year.

While I agree with teh Gordon and Jr. assessment I have to disagree with Kahne's.

He's very inconsistent. Much like Matt Kenseth.

Although most wrecks Kahne is in is not of his own but much like Gordon his luck is mostly rotten.

Jimmie is obviously the safe choice but I'm going on a limb here and say Carl Edwards has the best chance of the other 11 drivers.

I just dont see any of the rest putting much of a fight.

Obviously I'm going to go with the 48, but not just because I'm a fan. At this point in the year, JJ could have easily had 9-10 wins if it wasn't for some mechanical issue/restart fail. Still, he has the most wins (tied) with an average finish of 8.7 (compare that to Kenseth's 14.5).

Jimmie has run up front in almost every race this season and has been a consistent factor to win races - the scenario he's in looks different from the last two seasons; he looks like the Jimmie Johnson we saw back in the late 2000s.

Obviously I'm going to go with the 48, but not just because I'm a fan. At this point in the year, JJ could have easily had 9-10 wins if it wasn't for some mechanical issue/restart fail. He's run up front in almost every race this season and has been a consistent factor to win races - the scenario he's in looks different from the last two seasons; he looks like the Jimmie Johnson we saw back in the late 2000s.

Whoa there, 9-10 wins? Where are you getting this high number from?

With the 4 he has now plus Dover, and Michigan, what others are you reffering to?

Whoa there, 9-10 wins? Where are you getting this high number from?

With the 4 he has now plus Dover, and Michigan, what others are you reffering to?

4 wins + Dover + Michigan + Kentucky (restart fail) + 2nd Pocono (blew a tire, maybe too early to say he was cruising to a victory but still) + Indy (18 second final pit stop took him from first to 2nd).

I'm not saying that he was a lock to have won any of these races, but these are races where he was doing considerably well up until either he or the team/car had an issue.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when/if the #48 team goes into "chase mode", as it hasn't worked for them them the last two years.

IF and it's a big IF, Kasey Kahne can find some consistency he can give JJ some competition. I'm gonna say it's JJ in a run away right now.

Well.. I think the way things look, if JJ doesn't shoot himself in the foot like he has in the past couple years it should be him. Besides him I feel Kasey Kahne is performing at the right level and will most likely be JJ's closest competition. However I still am hopeful that Joey and Brad can throw a few races together and make the chase. Im clearly more focused on Joey, and while I don't necessarily believe he will win the championship, I do believe that if they make the chase they'll make a pretty good run at it. The only thing missing in their season is a bit of luck and they're a top 5-7 team easy. So like I said, I think JJ or Kahne.. but I'll always refer back to Smoke's 2011 and BK's 2012 runs' ..you really never know. Any driver could go get their first win this week and knock off 8 wins before the end of the season and win the championship. That's half the fun. So, in conclusion.... GO JOEY!!!

I would like to see Biffle take it and become the first driver to win a championship in all three top series'. I hope he gets one eventually just because he's the only driver eligible to do that right now and its never been done. I would love to see that.

HMS is way ahead of everyone else with this new car. Kasey is fast, but he's prone to over driving and wrecking himself. Then again, so is JJ if he's behind in points for too long. If they both don't wreck, I think JJ wins his last championship this year.

The practical choice is JJ duh look how he's been running all season. But of course I'm sticking to my guns as a Gordon fan. Drive for five is still alive!

I'll go out on a limb and say JJ lol, I mean the guy is in a league of his own. The only guy who can beat JJ is himself, scary thing is he could probably have double the wins now if not for some bad breaks here and there, as recently as Indy and Pocono both races JJ could have won.

JJ will be the champ...he's been good everywhere...and HMS still has there 4 tests which they'll use at tracks that are in the chase...

If any drivers are going to give JJ a run for his money, its going to be Kenseth or Kahne. The 48 has been so damn dominant its ridiculous. Keselowski could step into the picture soon as well

There was a time a few years back that 90% of the votes would've been split between KyBu and DEJr., while a board war raged amongst their respective fans. Neither has any votes thus far :eek:

If Johnson wins at Watkins Glenn, he clinches the points and is in the chase, that is how bad he is spanking the rest. It is not good for ratings(business) so there isn't going to be much said about it. I'm betting they are hoping the chase will have some drama. It will surprise me if anybody can do that in the chase.

the only hope is if Jimmie sruggles in the chase. His 80 pt lead will mean nothing in the chase. Not that expect him to struggle.

There was a time a few years back that 90% of the votes would've been split between KyBu and DEJr., while a board war raged amongst their respective fans. Neither has any votes thus far :eek:
Probably because in the few years since, we've seen what those guys do (or should I say, not do) when they make the Chase. Both drivers have been with their current teams since '08, both have made the Chase 3 times and missed it twice in that span. In Jr's Chases he's finished 12th, 7th, and 12th. Kyle finished 10th, 8th, and 12th in his. Neither are probably a safe bet to take home the hardware.

What if HMS and Chad get busted before the chase? That could change everything. They sure do have a lot of problems getting them wheels to match the lasers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using some messed up rear camber that actually pivots the rear tires toward the wall.

What if HMS and Chad get busted before the chase? That could change everything. They sure do have a lot of problems getting them wheels to match the lasers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using some messed up rear camber that actually pivots the rear tires toward the wall.

Tweeting Brad again are you?:rolleyes: And you wonder why they put a wall up in the garage:D

Junior top fives them to death...possibly 1 or 2 wins....finally takes home the big prize!!!!

If Johnson wins at Watkins Glenn, he clinches the points and is in the chase, that is how bad he is spanking the rest. It is not good for ratings(business) so there isn't going to be much said about it. I'm betting they are hoping the chase will have some drama. It will surprise me if anybody can do that in the chase.

Reminds me of 2007. Gordon had a triple digit lead on the second place guy.

He also had 4 wins up to this point and there was also some drama in the chase.

I wonder what that 80 something point lead equates to the old points now?

The chase ***** everything up that happens in the 26 races before it anyway - so trying to figure out a champion now based on the current points is useless. JJ 2007 win and Stewart's recent win prove it. Judge on current performance, then again Smoke proved that wrong too.

The quick math suggests a 4 to 1 ratio for points when comparing old vs new.

For those who hate math, an 80 points under the current system is 320 points under the new.

(If one of our resident stickler trolls wants to calculate the exact points then have at it)

Reminds me of 2007. Gordon had a triple digit lead on the second place guy.

He also had 4 wins up to this point and there was also some drama in the chase.

Divide by 4 (based on todays max points per race being about 1/4 what they used to be) and you'll get a good idea. 20 point lead in todays system.

Back
Top Bottom