You're NASCAR's next 'Big Thing' and you're unsigned

Robby Gordon turned down a contract extension at RCR to start his own team, even had some nice sponsors, and ended up failing.

But Robby always had a thing for starting his own team. I remember back in his final season in CART (IndyCar), he started a "Team Gordon" and got sponsorship from his pal John Menard. Was equally unsuccessful as his later NASCAR team.
Speaking of Robby, he's leading this off road truck race I'm watching on NBCSN.

....Despite being the best team in the sport for about two decades now, HMS always seems to have one team that's out to lunch. Those resources aren't going to be taken from Jimmie, Gordon, or Junior, so guess which car you'll be driving?

Do you seriously believe that only the best teams at HMS are getting the really good "resources"? :confused:
All the teams at HMS have the same stuff and have access to the same resources as any other HMS team.
It's what each team does with those resources that makes the difference.

Topic question... HMS.

Thats odd. Whats your reasoning?

I feel like Ganassi is a very underrated team. Plus say I was brought in to replace McMurray in the 1. That would put 2 of the next best thing on the same team. I feel like a friendly team rivalry with a guy like Larson would be good. We would feed off each other. Ganassi is already getting HMS equipment, has top notch sponsors, a sports car and IRL team to pull resources from.

My talent, Chip's leadership, and great equipment and resources could do great things!

Sure Hendrick would be the obvious choice, But if you don't win alot (or bring in big money) you are liable to be the next Casey Atwood.
Maybe starting at a B level team like Ganassi and out running the big teams could assure that you would be around here for a full carrer, not just a couple of big buck years then fade away.

I would actually feel a much greater sense of accomplishment winning a championship in a non-HMS ride. Winning a title at HMS is just expected, since they have the best of everything and the odds are so heavily stacked in their favor. It's almost a situation where I don't know if the pressure would be worth it if I didn't deliver, as Kasey Kahne is starting to find out despite putting up decent stats in the time he's been there. That's why I think somewhere like JGR or Penske would be a better option.

I would actually feel a much greater sense of accomplishment winning a championship in a non-HMS ride. Winning a title at HMS is just expected, since they have the best of everything and the odds are so heavily stacked in their favor. It's almost a situation where I don't know if the pressure would be worth it if I didn't deliver, as Kasey Kahne is starting to find out despite putting up decent stats in the time he's been there. That's why I think somewhere like JGR or Penske would be a better option.
Roush and JGR have as many different Cup champions over the last fourteen seasons as HMS does. I believe you meant championships are expected if your name is Jimmie Johnson.

Roush and JGR have as many different Cup champions over the last fourteen seasons as HMS does. I believe you meant championships are expected if your name is Jimmie Johnson.
Junior and Gordon have huge fan bases though and generate a lot of $, so neither one of them are going anywhere until they're good and ready. Kasey allegedly finished 2nd in MPD voting last year with Gordon finishing 3rd, but go to any race and fans in Gordon gear outnumber fans in Kahne gear probably 5 to 1.

I feel like Ganassi is a very underrated team. Plus say I was brought in to replace McMurray in the 1. That would put 2 of the next best thing on the same team. I feel like a friendly team rivalry with a guy like Larson would be good. We would feed off each other. Ganassi is already getting HMS equipment, has top notch sponsors, a sports car and IRL team to pull resources from.

My talent, Chip's leadership, and great equipment and resources could do great things!
I think Ganassi gets RCR chassis and Hendrick engines

To drive a Chevy and be competitive without HMS engines, I'd have to go to RCR. No thanks

Back
Top Bottom