Youtube videos of nice gestures going Viral!

B

Brent

I have been an avid youtube viewer for quite sometime. Not so much uploading, but more viewing. Recently, I have been seeing several news article posted about videos of nice gestures going viral. I am sure you all have seen them as well. My question is...why are we seeing more of these? Are people really just becoming nice people or do youtubers see this as a chance for fame and fortune? Anyone familiar with youtube knows that for many people, youtube is a job. Once you get enough fans and views, you can become a youtube partner. Once that happens, youtube starts paying you based on your views. Even more so, the more views you get, the more you get noticed by companies who will then use you for advertising. The more you advertise, the more money you'll make. Are these "Nice Gestures" really being done by good people, or are they being done by fame and fortune seekers?

I don't think people are just "becoming" nice people, they always have been. Its just before, people didn't have an avenue to share their story unless your local media or something picked it up and ran with it. I don't think many are doing it for fortune either. To be a paid YouTuber, you have to have multiple hit videos for the most part. A lot of these folks that upload the feel good story only have 1 or 2 other videos uploaded, so it doesn't seem like they are trying to become internet sensations. I'm sure there are some that have ulterior motives, but I'd say most are pretty genuine.

Nice people? Where?

Against my better judgement, I took my grand kids shopping yesterday. We were at Walmart for less than half an hour and I was ready to kill something.

Nice people? Where?

Against my better judgement, I took my grand kids shopping yesterday. We were at Walmart for less than half an hour and I was ready to kill something.

That'll happen to even the nicest people so don't feel bad;)

Sadly, I think these videos are popular cause lets face it, good people and good gestures are not so easy to find or see these days.

That'll happen to even the nicest people so don't feel bad;)

Sadly, I think these videos are popular cause lets face it, good people and good gestures are not so easy to find or see these days.

I had never been to a store on black Friday. I could not believe how overbearing and obnoxious people were. I didn't want my grand kids to experience that so we left.

To the OP, I will have to spend some time on YouTube so I can get out of my funk caused by yesterdays trek. :)

Personally, I don't think there's any more good or bad than there has been for years and years. It's just that now, we have instant video access to it.

Back
Top Bottom