YOWZIR!

Meth is some dangerous stuff to be certain. Trailers are exploding around here like popcorn from being used as meth labs. Using the stuff can and eventually will kill you. Meth use seems to be rising faster than any other substance in these parts.

But hey, don't they look like they're having a ball? :(

Funny you should mention meth and exploding trailers. I grew up in a real small town in Western Pennsylvania. Growing up I always heard about drugs in 'the big city.' When I got to Pittsburgh and Philly I definitely noticed a lot more people using. But it seemed like my hometown has gone out of control. I never really saw anything worse than a bag of wacky weed growing up. Now its heroin overdoses and big-time meth and coke busts. It seems as though drug use in rural America has become as bad, if not worse, than drug abuse in urban America. Is that a fair assumption?

Originally posted by The_Mad_Hatter@Mar 6 2003, 11:33 AM
It seems as though drug use in rural America has become as bad, if not worse, than drug abuse in urban America. Is that a fair assumption?
It's a different animal. Fergy could probably speak to this as well.

Drug use, like so many other things, is somewhat cyclical. What is a big problem in say, New York may not be as bad in Iowa.

Every drug is a problem everywhere to varying degrees. But what is a bigger problem where does vary. Right now where I am, the biggest things we are seeing would be cocaine (all forms), marijuana, meth, Oxycontin, and other pain killers. Stuff like exstacy (sp?) and the "rave" drugs are here, but not in the quantity that other areas are seeing.

Rural areas do have abundant drugs on the streets (roads?), crack houses, and many of the other accompanying eyesores that go hand in glove with drugs. I guess it's just not as centralized as it is in urban areas...for example, when I lived in Nashville, you just knew where the drug areas were, where the prostitution centers were, etc. In the sticks, you don't have that which is good in a way. The trade off is, the trailer next door might blow up one night.

:AHHHH: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
If that doesn't get people to think twice.......

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Mar 6 2003, 11:26 AM
:AHHHH: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
If that doesn't get people to think twice.......
That's the problem, pb. It WON'T get these people to think twice. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom