Yucky Monday

DeeDee

Team Owner
Is there ever anything good about Monday? We got several inches of snow last night and are still under a Winter Storm Advisory until tomorrow. All the area schools are closed, making my daughter extrememly happy. I have to go to the office for a little while this morning, don't like driving in this, most of the country roads around my house are generally the last to see a plow, but I will make it. 97 thinks ya get a couple inches of snow and everythign should shut down...southerners. :rolleyes: :p
I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday, look on the brightside, one day closer to Daytona!
Catch ya'll later!
Dee

I wish we just had snow!! We were lucky enough to get ice. I hate driving in that stuff. The schools here are on a 2 hour delay. The girls didn't believe me, but they will when I drive them there!! I don't have to work today, but going in for a girl who can't get out! The good thing is that it will reach 47 today and the ice will be gone!!! :bounce: So everyone drive safe and talk to ya tonight!!!

It's about -5 with the windchill around -15 this morning here in New Hampshire. Weather Channel says we may get some of the show storm sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday morning but that most of the heavier snow should stay south of us. Weather maps look like all the ingredients are there for a good old fashioned "nor'easter" if those low pressure areas meet up in the right place though.
Guess we just wait and see, take whatever Mother Nature decides to toss our way, then grin and bear it.

Oh yeah, as Mr. Rodgers would say, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!"
Hope everyone has a great one!

Well, you are right about Monday, Dee. The ONLY thing I can think of that is good for a Monday is I woke up. We had a high of 74* yesterday, and today it should reach around 51*. I know one of these days it will actually turn winter here, but until then we'll just have to deal with what we got. As for shutting everything down, Dee, he's right. Most everything comes to a screeching halt here when we get our usual ice storm. At least I come to a screeching halt. I don't go anywhere.!!!! :)

And, boB, you may keep the -5 w/windchill of -15 up there in New Hampshire. We wouldn't need any ice for things to come to a screeching halt here with temperatures like those. NOthing would work because it would be frozen!!! ;)

We got a ton of the white stuff up here in NE Ohio as well. It is supposed to get up into the 30's today. I don't know if it will get warm enough to melt some of this or not. I kind of hope it doesn't personally. If it gets warm enough to melt some of it everything that gets melted will freeze back over in a nice coat of ice. We deal pretty well with snow up here, but there isn't much dealing with ice. Nothing closes down, we just get a ton of traffic accidents ;)

We're getting freezing rain in North Georgia. Driving on ice is deffinitly hazardous to your health!

It was about 65 here yesterday, today it's like 45. Wish it would get warm and stay warm. Some weather guy in Birmingham was predicting that we might get a few inches of snow this weekend. We're already panicking. Breads gone, Milks gone, everything else we can possibly find to buy is gone too. I wouldn't mind a few days outta college. One inch of snow can be hazardous to southerners health! :D

Originally posted by kat2220@Jan 26 2004, 09:57 AM
We're getting freezing rain in North Georgia. Driving on ice is deffinitly hazardous to your health!
I don't like driving in ice thats for sure, snow no problem throw it in 4wheel and go. But ice tends to make me nervous.

That's basically about all we get here in Texas. We may get some snow, but after it's been driven on for about an hour, it's nothing but compacted snow which then becomes ice! Therefore, I stay home!

Back
Top Bottom