Zmax ignored driver injured by driveshaft

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
http://www.competitionplus.com/inde...to-nesbitt-car-i-had-no-idea-what-htranspired

Nesbitt1.jpg

Nesbitt2.jpg

Demory was on a lazy ride on his golf cart down the strip to retrieve his driver, his son, Chuck Demory Jr., after the NMCA Nostalgia Pro Street racer had just finished racing Kevin Parent in eliminations during the NMCA/NMRA All-Star Nationals at zMax Dragway.

When he started the long trek, Barbara Nesbitt launched on a single pass. By the time Demory reached the top end, Nesbitt’s car was at a stop in the shutdown area short of the turn off, sitting still in the middle of the track.

“This elapsed time, from me leaving the starting line with the golf cart to (getting to her race car) this has gotta be five to six minutes,” Demory estimated

Chuck Demory had no idea. From the outside everything looked normal.

So the windows being blown out of the car, pieces bouncing out of the car and it smoking also is "looked normal".That woman is lucky to be alive.

There is only 1 safety crew I like and that's the NHRA Safety Safari.

Chuck Demory had no idea. From the outside everything looked normal.

So the windows being blown out of the car, pieces bouncing out of the car and it smoking also is "looked normal".That woman is lucky to be alive.

There is only 1 safety crew I like and that's the NHRA Safety Safari.

Apparently he was up at the booth during her run, so he didnt see it all take place. But the picture is quite peculiar- the driveshaft mid-air on left, both doors buldging outward, and smoking.

damn, first time i've seen an accident like that. glad barbara's doing ok, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom