105 For 2nd?

Will Jeff Gordon get to 105(+) wins before he retires?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
Okay so I think it's been made very clear that Jeff Gordon is showing no signs of slowing down. With 3M coming on for 3 years it looks like Jeff will driving at least through 2017.

So my question is.. Will he get another 14(+) wins and tie or eclipse Pearson for 2nd all time?

At the rate he's going I think it's entirely possible, he's clearly the class of the field this season and if that continues I can definitely see him getting up there. Im not a Gordon fan but I respect what he has done in this sport and I would like to see him accomplish that before he retires.

On the other hand, if he does well enough to win the cup, he may just retire this year. He said that when the retirement talk came around at the beginning of the season.

What do you think?

Success in this sport is fleeting. Sustaining 5+ wins over the next 3 years is a tall order.

I don't think he gets there. He still needs 14 to tie and 15 to pass, and there's no guarantee he'll be able to sustain this year's level of success over the next several years.

As much as I'd love to see it, reality must settle back in. He may (stretching it) get to 100 but I cant see 105. Not with today's schedule & level of competition.

I'd like to see some more 13 win seasons. :D

I think a logical number would be 100, I feel like that is just as big an accomplishment as a 5th championship.

100 is more likely. .You have to factor in car changes and age into the equation. The car seems to change every year and this has been Gordon's best year in awhile.. He''s up there in age, three years from now, he might not be good enough to win.

He is 43, and for some reason about half of the people around here had him retired already.:biggrin: He is having a good year, so now it's different. If you look at some of the drivers who have been driving for years and get one or two wins a year if their lucky..Truex, Boyer, Biffle, Busch, on and on, If you look at those performances over the years, Gordon could be doing that well into his late 40's of early 50's. he has finished in the top ten almost every year he has been in the sport, so 100 wins is possible. But I don't see him being fast enough to win 5, 6 races a year the way competition is now. I don't see anybody doing that, Johnson won 6 in one year but never 5. Points from good finishes still matter despite what Nascar says. IMO

If Gordon does get to 105, one thing to bear in mind: Pearson got his 105 wins in only 574 starts. Gordon is at 748 and counting.

If Gordon does get to 105, one thing to bear in mind: Pearson got his 105 wins in only 574 starts. Gordon is at 748 and counting.

Yes, but, the level of competition now is way more intense than the old days, use to, a few teams had money and talent, now a lot of teams have money and talent.

Yes, but, the level of competition now is way more intense than the old days, use to, a few teams had money and talent, now a lot of teams have money and talent.
Meh...Pearson had to race the likes of Petty, Yarborough, and Allison for a lot of those wins, three guys who weren't exactly slouches. Gordon won the majority of his races between 1995-2001, when his main competition was Mark Martin, Dale Jarrett, and a past-his-prime Dale Earnhardt.

That's such a cliche statement. In the middle of the pack it's more competitive then ever but Hendrick still has a huge advantage over the rest of the field like always. Unless we race at a short track or road course where equipment isn't as important or strategy bites them the same 3-4 guys are the fastest every single week.

I think Gordon might get to 100 but he won't get a 5th title. He's in the Jimmie and chad era so tough luck

Back
Top Bottom