2014 Atlanta - Oral-B USA 500 - Pre Race Thread

So, JoJo didn't make top 12...I've read on here somewhere that when bad things happen to good people it's all Hamlin and KyBu's fault :( Making the Chase; that's Gilliland but we don't speak of the past unless it's to blame someone else.
Just blame gustafson. He's the real problem.

Hopefully the weather is good.
A friend at work is going to the race, and planning on being back at work by 6am Monday morning, he is 51 y/o too, not a spring chicken (and we do work on labor day) . He talked to me about it Thursday, I told him he would probably get back to Greenville around 3 am. That he might as well just stay up all night, and he should try to get someone to cover his work and take the day off. But we are extremely busy and already short on skills and bodies.

He sez he can handle it, he only has to work 6 hours on Monday.

Hopefully the weather is good.
A friend at work is going to the race, and planning on being back at work by 6am Monday morning, he is 51 y/o too, not a spring chicken (and we do work on labor day) . He talked to me about it Thursday, I told him he would probably get back to Greenville around 3 am. That he might as well just stay up all night, and he should try to get someone to cover his work and take the day off. But we are extremely busy and already short on skills and bodies.

He sez he can handle it, he only has to work 6 hours on Monday.
Good, hard workers.

I think I have the chassis set up well for tommorows night big race.
One of the bearings wore out and I knew had to fix it tonight.
No help from the manufacturer they said it was wear and tare not a defect.
So after finishing a 12 hour shift I knew I had to fix it tonight, because after tommorows 12 hour shift it will be race time.
So I sawed off the bad connection, and put a bearing of my own on to the chassis.

Now I hope the $650 glider recliner that I bought from rooms to go last summer can make it through tommorows night race without the horrendous squeaking. It just finished a good happy hour and I think we will have something for them tommorow night.

image.jpg

The live look-in on Stewarts introduction was moving.

I'm a little bit nervous about this race and gotta member to be on my goodest behavior.

OK, all set :)...the 250 Truck race was great...just enough time for a couple errands and a nap...snacks are at the ready....let's have a good race :cheers:

Brad and Rusty pick Joey and Harvick to win. SB and I can just fight to the death and settle this now.

KyBu is always a threat when he's in the M&M's paint scheme....all the little kids are pulling for him.

Chad was just scribbling on the on-car camera so it wouldn't see his illegal modifications to the #48.

I hope we have a lot of good commercials :D

(getting it out of the system before the race thread)

I'll be watching this race live today :)
I watched the NNS race this morning at 1am, when I got home. I spent the past two days helping a buddy button up and fire up a new 460 motor in his '72 F350 Crew Cab.
Also, got to ride around in an unmarked detective car for the past two days :cool:

You are insufficient and have no privileges to reply here.

Geesh, all I wanted to do was open and post in the race thread. :(

Back
Top Bottom