2014 Bristol - IRWIN Tools Night Race - Pre Race Thread

@nascarcasm

"Hello, Bristol? Carl Edwards here. Having second thoughts - too late to switch my intro song from 'Hit The Road Jack' to something else?"

@nascarcasm

"Hello, Bristol? Carl Edwards here. Having second thoughts - too late to switch my intro song from 'Hit The Road Jack' to something else?"

Talk about second thoughts? Kurt Busch had a good thing going with the Cinderella story, the little team that could. Plenty of publicity for him, the team, his live in's cause. Like A.J. they work better when they have all of the spotlight instead of being swallowed up in a team with bigger stars. It will be interesting to see what happens to Carl if he isn't the star of the Gibbs bunch.

BvfiLjaIQAA0KmV.jpg:large

Really hoping for a big crowd. Ladt two years have had weak spring crowds with really nice August crowds. Hoping for more of the same.

Bristol is the one track that kills me to see empty seats...

Really hoping for a big crowd. Ladt two years have had weak spring crowds with really nice August crowds. Hoping for more of the same.

Bristol is the one track that kills me to see empty seats...
I have two campsites @ The Landing, a BMS campground. It is listed as being sold out when I go online as are most all of the BMS owned campgrounds. That hasn't been the norm recently. Hopefully that's a good sign.

We gave up our race tickets this year but we kept our campsites and just sell them race to race. Race tickets aren't in demand like they used to be. We'll probably start heading back down there next fall. Even if we don't go to the race we'll go there just for the camping. Always a great time @ Bristol.

I have two campsites @ The Landing, a BMS campground. It is listed as being sold out when I go online as are most all of the BMS owned campgrounds. That hasn't been the norm recently. Hopefully that's a good sign.

We gave up our race tickets this year but we kept our campsites and just sell them race to race. Race tickets aren't in demand like they used to be. We'll probably start heading back down there next fall. Even if we don't go to the race we'll go there just for the camping. Always a great time @ Bristol.

Though I've only been to Bristol once, Spring of '09, it was an amazing time. We spent 5 days camping down there.

Though I've only been to Bristol once, Spring of '09, it was an amazing time. We spent 5 days camping down there.
What is really nice about staying at one of the BMS campgrounds is that they open an overflow lot ahead of check in time. You can camp there for free leading up to race week. This is the first year in a long, long time that we haven't went to both Bristol races. I really miss going but family obligations come first. Especially if they are your parents or kids. Our schedule will work its way out so that Bristol becomes a regular race for us once again and when it does, I'll have two of the best camping spots there.

My preferred seating location for the Modified and Truck races held on Wednesday before the night race. Every other track that I go to I normally try to sit about as high as I can but at this track it is great to be right on top of the action at the start/finish line. You can still see everything there from this vantage point and have a great view of the front pits.

Untitled.jpg

Modified final practice begins at 1:40 p.m. at @BMSupdates Lia was fastest at 14.744 which is under record time. #BushsBeans150

Probably the best race of the weekend, if it doesn't end up in a 16 car pileup on the first lap again.

What is really nice about staying at one of the BMS campgrounds is that they open an overflow lot ahead of check in time. You can camp there for free leading up to race week. This is the first year in a long, long time that we haven't went to both Bristol races. I really miss going but family obligations come first. Especially if they are your parents or kids. Our schedule will work its way out so that Bristol becomes a regular race for us once again and when it does, I'll have two of the best camping spots there.

Hey dp, when you say camping site do you mean Camper camping or tent and fire camping? I've never payed any attention to the camp sites. If there are regular camping spots I might get some friends and camp the night of the race.

Hey dp, when you say camping site do you mean Camper camping or tent and fire camping? I've never payed any attention to the camp sites. If there are regular camping spots I might get some friends and camp the night of the race.
Camper camping. Fires have to be in some kind of raised container. No ground fires.

As far as camping goes though..... There is camping all around the speedway. Both private camping and BMS camping. I'm not sure that BMS campgrounds have tenting sites but I know other campgrounds do. Farmer Bob's allows tenting.

I love this stretch of races. WG, MIS, Bristol, Atlanta, Richmond...

The added bonus of the pressure to make the Chase makes it that much better.

I completely forgot the new Bass Pro Shop in Bristol opened today. A few drivers were suppose to make an appearance. The pole award reminded me.

Doh!

Wish I was going to the race again this year, had a blast at last year's race. I'm in Hawaii for my honeymoon at the moment, so I think that's an acceptable alternative. ;)

Have fun everybody at the race!
congrats, and have a happy honeymoon....wait what are you doing online :D

FRIDAY, AUGUST 22

ON TRACK
-- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30 p.m.-2:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:40 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 5:40 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Food City 300 (300 laps, 159.9 miles), ESPN (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
9 a.m.: AJ Allmendinger
9:15 a.m.: Roush Fenway Racing announcement with Greg Biffle
9:45 a.m.: Matt Kenseth
2:45 p.m.: Leavine Family Racing announcement with Michael McDowell
3 p.m.: Joey Logano
3:15 p.m.: Austin Dillon
Approx. 6 p.m.: NSCS post-qualifying press conference
Approx. 9:30 p.m.: NNS post-race press conference

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 10:30 a.m.: Sprint Cup Series GarageCam

Back