2018 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

The thank you Danica video segment was hilariously cringe worthy. What a bunch of made up revisionist history lmfao should have just showed all her wrecks.

"I hope people remember me as a good driver" bahahahhahahaa

However, when a ticket to the 500 alone is going to run me basically what it costs to attend both Pocono races and Kentucky combined I'll wait another year.

You couldn't give me free Pocono tickets let alone get me to pay for them. By far one of the worst tracks to actually see a race, Indy is right there with it. I'll never attend another one at either.

You couldn't give me free Pocono tickets let alone get me to pay for them. By far one of the worst tracks to actually see a race, Indy is right there with it. I'll never attend another one at either.
I went to the Modified race of champions at Pocono once with my dad when i was like 9, great stuff, but that place is huge, I can't imagine suffering through 500 miles of Cup racing there.

That was a pretty good interview with Alex. He has done an awesome job of handling the pressure that comes with the shoes he is wearing now.

I'd have to put Pocono ahead of Indy. At least the Pocono infield isn't built up to the point you can't see across it.

Just saw the Danica Go Daddy commercial. First time I have seen it. Not bad.
That company has been really good to her.

So pumped! I love this day! Wearing my 1996 Hendrick Motorsports shirt along with my Chase Elliott hat. Just picked up the pizzas. Fridge full of Coors. I'M READY :cheers:

he9uDnJl.jpg

Just saw the Danica Go Daddy commercial. First time I have seen it. Not bad.
That company has been really good to her.
I liked it also, If I remember right I saw it during the Super Bowl. It changes the image of Go Daddy a little bit. They have been very good for her...and she did a pretty good job of representing them. If she could have just been a little more competitive then who knows how far she could have went with them. It all worked out pretty good for Go Daddy and Danica in the end though.

The subtext of this seems to be "Brian France still capable of speaking, can string multiple words together."

http://jeffgluck.com/brian-france-speaks-at-daytona-500-drivers-meeting/

Brian France speaks at Daytona 500 drivers meeting

NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France opened the Daytona 500 drivers meeting on Sunday with some remarks.

Here is a transcript of his comments:

“Another amazing event. Weather is perfect. We are so excited to kick our NASCAR Monster season off in a big way. Looking forward to a great event. So thankful everybody is here today and we’re going to do this in a big way. Thanks, guys, and look forward to an unbelievable Daytona 500 today. You bet.”

Sorry, there is absolutely nothing or nobody I want to see that badly. Jimmy Buffett and Meat Loaf could play pre-race in the Darlington infield surrounded by Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers with the complete run of 1980s' Playmates serving all-you-can-eat Cajun pizza and Crush Cream soda, and I'd still never reach for my wallet.

If I was to throw in a pileated woodpecker, a petrel and directions to Bob Guccione's house would that sway you?

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account
Bobby Allison, who went 210 mph at Daytona, on plate racing: "The faster you go, the less you can race. Then all the sudden the fans are going, 'Golly, why didn't he pull out and pass?'"

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr 2m2 minutes ago
Honesty I don’t even think about it when the anniversary of dads passing comes annually. He lived so hard and fast. His life was so grand, the date never registers with me for some reason. But I see the comments in my timeline and they are appreciated. #LegendsNEVERDie

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr 3h3 hours ago
Feeling real good about my grand marshal t-shirt choice today. #Daytona500
DWVL6rUVwAAFa_X.jpg

Last edited:
If I was to throw in a pileated woodpecker, a petrel and directions to Bob Guccione's house would that sway you?
I've seen a Pileated already this weekend; they're common around here. Guiccione has only a 21" TV and won't let anyone bring food or drink in the living room.

NASCAR's home page's has a green #7 Go Daddy car posted above the headline "Ready To Roll".

Jus to switched off Pre Race before The Jamie Little interview with Danica about her “new love” Eye Roll.....PBA on ESPN for a bit until that garbage is over.

Back
Top Bottom