2023 Dutch Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Reports are that Ricciardo broke his wrist in a lazy FP2 crash and Liam Lawson, Red Bull junior and current Super Formula driver, will make his F1 debut in replacement.

That's why you take your hands off the wheel...
All these years later and guys could still be taking lessons from Danica.

Ricciardo has not been very impressive so far and I’m excited to see a fresh face on the grid. I don’t expect big things right away from Liam but glad to see him get a shot.

That's why you take your hands off the wheel...
It was either that or possibly T-bone Piastri.

Car is moving a lot faster than what we see on TV, it's not that simple. I get it, Daniel has been OK for the most part in the few races he's had. I wish Liam the best and hope Daniel heals quickly.

I can't agree with just taking your hand off the wheel there in a split second decision like that.

So far, Albon is having a hell of a weekend and Sargent look good too. Whatever Wiliams is doing, it's working.

I can't agree with just taking your hand off the wheel there in a split second decision like that.
Instinct is always to save the car and not give up until the last instant. Daniel knows to get his hand out of the way. He just waited a little too long.

Remembering 1968 (I believe), Jackie Stewart broke his wrist in a simple F2 spin.

They are in the middle of Q3, so things are changing fast, but Alson led Q1, was third in Q2, and right now sits fourth. Williams have been getting better every race, but this burst of speed they have found is amazing, especially considering both Mercedes and Ferrari are having such a struggle every race.

The Williams is a low drag car, so if they can carry this form into Monza they could really surprise.

I really like what Vowles and Albon are building at Williams. I hope they stay together for the foreseeable future. Albon has gotten interest from elsewhere, but he’s a great fit where he is right now.

Good session, hopefully we get some more weather tomorrow.

I really like what Vowles and Albon are building at Williams. I hope they stay together for the foreseeable future. Albon has gotten interest from elsewhere, but he’s a great fit where he is right now.
If I'm sitting fourth on the grid I'de be more interested in improving on that than moving, and there's really nowhere for Albon to go anyway. All the teams ahead of him are locked in on drivers, so he's probably right now in the best position of his career.

Vintage Crofty announcing those opening laps.
C'mon Mags, hang on to those points!

Sargeant has had a pretty expensive weekend. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite him in the long run.

The first spurt of rain shook up the field a lot, will be interesting to see if Norris, Leclerc, and the Mercs can make some moves on a dry track. Pretty tough to pass here when it’s dry.

Good stuff from Liam. Leclerc probably has other damage but good to see a debutant getting racey with a big name out there.

It seems Ferrari has tossed out a boat anchor on their program. What a mess.

That radar blob looked massive and pretty severe. If there’s a downpour with 10 or so to go that might be it.

Back
Top Bottom