2024 Daytona 500 Countdown

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Feb. 18, 2024.

Man, I gotta do everything around here myself.

1699358842098.png

@Charlie Spencer, Hey, if you like NHRA, the finals are at Pomona this weekend. Lots of close points battles.
I can't get into drag racing; my attention span is too short.

Between Peacock and DVR, I have 8 hours left of the last IMSA race (10 hours at Road Atlanta). The forecast is for rain all weekend so I'll probably burn through most of that one. Then it will be cold turkey until the Rolex. I have some online bird identification courses I've been wanting to get to.

Curtis Turner, who lived life in the fast lane when in the control of a fast car or an even faster airplane.

He started in 184 Cup races over 17 years and was still competing in 1970 when he was killed at the age of 46 while piloting a small plane that crashed near Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

99-6a car.jpg

Geoff Bodine ran a #99 Modified back in the day and won a lot of races.
Geoff was different, I would say he was at least ackward and rubbed a some people the wrong way. Still the same I think his body of work should get him the Nascar Hall of Fame sooner or later.

99 s-l1600.jpg
99 images.jpeg.jpg
99 GEOFF-BODINE-5-325x0.jpg
99 download.jpeg.jpg
99 Bodine modified I think 34.jpg

99 Arthur Pace e20.jpg
99 Bobby _.jpeg
99 Fred Lorenzen Mopar 710.jpeg
99 Jeff Hawkins 8c89.jpg

The white camaro was driven by Arthur Pace he raced at GPS and won several races in all classes.
The radical dirt or wedge car is a car Bobby Allison raced.
Fred Lorenzen had his best yesrs in a Ford, his later years was Mopar
Jeff Hawkins won several track championships in the 60s on the dirt at GPS.

Geoff Bodine ran a #99 Modified back in the day and won a lot of races.
Geoff was different, I would say he was at least ackward and rubbed a some people the wrong way. Still the same I think his body of work should get him the Nascar Hall of Fame sooner or later.
I was never a Geoff fan. I gained a lot of respect for him after he took his stock car experience and applied it to bobsled design and manufacturing.

Jody Ridley raced Fords on the short tracks for many years. Red Farmer is the only other short track driver that I can think with more years in a Ford.
98 97 Red Farmer Jody Ridley 4fa.jpg
98-Jody Ridley-JIS-Donated by Joel Whittington.jpeg.jpg
A-Moonshine_grand_marshal_pic_1.max-752x423.jpg
images.jpeg.jpg
jody_ridley_2_20090627_1597266132.jpg

Attachments

• err23.JPG.jpg
    err23.JPG.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom