#24 car

Team Penske

Team Owner
Why does everyone expect CE to get the number 24?? I would think he should have his own number and leave the 24 for JG to use when/if he decides to race part time.

Only a couple said the number but they were speaking generically. Most everybody say's he'll get the seat or team with any number. Most think he'll get the 9, 25 or 95. At least on this forum.

I'm guessing the 24 becomes the 94.

That's a good guess. My guess is that I don't have a clue or care. I'm still gonna root for him.
I'd root for him if his number was 666, number doesn't matter much to me my driver has been 9, 83,4, and 5 and my driver before that was 94, numbers don't matter that much to me either. Not that I'd ever expect to own any 24 stuff:D

You know, Chase Elliot should get the #9. Who currently owns it?

I want Chase to get the 24. I want to see the 24 on the track driven by someone I admire.

I've helded back on this because I'm not a Gordon fan, but I would like someone to keep the 24 on the track. Who better than Chase Elliott.

I think HMS will break out the 25 again or 94. Will Napa sponsor Chase in Sprint? Gordon will have leftover sponsorship from 3m

Saying Chase should drive the 9 is like saying Jr should drive the 3.
I think Chase needs his own identity.

If Chase wants the 9 he should have it, just like if Jr would have wanted the 3 he would have gotten it, he didn't want it.

Why does everyone expect CE to get the number 24?? I would think he should have his own number and leave the 24 for JG to use when/if he decides to race part time.
Why wouldn't he have the 24? It is not like a religious ritual to make sure no one drives the 24 again except Jeff Gordon. Jeez!!!!!!!! It's only a number...... Gordon ain't the Second Coming of Christ or anything........ Let Gordon get his own number if he wants to race again......

Some people just don't learn.
I am probably one of them, but every forum I visit says you can trash a driver or member of Nascar BUT NOT members of the forum.
I will always remember Jeff as a great driver and a whiner. I must be right because even he admitted it.

I am probably one of them, but every forum I visit says you can trash a driver or member of Nascar BUT NOT members of the forum.
I will always remember Jeff as a great driver and a whiner. I must be right because even he admitted it.

I take it you were a fan of Rusty?

If so, all conversations and back and forth ends there. Rusty was the worse offender when it came to whining.

Brad's not any better either.

I take it you were a fan of Rusty?

If so, all conversations and back and forth ends there. Rusty was the worse offender when it came to whining.

Brad's not any better either.

Never did cotton to Rusty, he was never a team player.

Yes I am a Brad fan, have been since he started driving for Junior in the Bush series. I still like the way he drives to win and I like it that he is a great team player. BUT, I DON"T always agree when he lets his mouth run. You have to admit, Hamlin crashed him on purpose and bragged on TV. Carl tried to intimidate him and paid for it. Then Brad went out and won a championship, something those that tried to intimidate him have't been able to do.
So for me the scales are still tipped in his favor and as my name says, I cheer for Team Penske.
I will admit Nascar looks like they have some real exciting drivers up and coming. I hope they drive to win.
Larson
Elliot
Blaney

I was being nice to the JG fans before the season starts. I guess now that you burst my bubble I can go back to referring to him as the Whiner.

ththlola.gif
LOL........I just couldn't resist........

Reading all the tear jerking posts across all the boards reminded me of either a Wake........ or..... the basis for a really good Country and Western song...........

I still associate the 94 McDonalds livery till Bill more than I do the 11 or 9. It may not have won races, but he ran it for a good while.

When I was younger(maybe 10..11) the Mickey D's 94 is how I recognized Bill. Only later when I learned more about the "real" Bill Elliott did I learn that he was a badass mofo in the beer cars. Then he drove the 9, again, for Evernham and looked like a BAMF, again. And THAT is now how I remember Bill Elliott.

Last edited:
I would love to see HMS get the 9 but it just wont happen. I think they will run the 94. I think BER still owns that number so it will be an easy fix.

When I was younger(maybe 10..11) the Mickey D's 94 is how I recognized Bill. Only later when I learned more about the "real" Bill Elliott did I learn that he was a badass mofo in the beer cars. Then he drove the 9, again, for Evernham and looked like a BAMF, again. And THAT is now how I remember Bill Elliott.

Im a lot older than you are and always associate Bill Elliott with the 9 and always will. Started with it and finished with it.

Even though I'm not a big fan of Jeff I do believe that as long as he wants to run the 24, even if only on a part time basis, that he should have every right to. Just like the 3 and the 43 are tied to their drivers the 24 is tied to Jeff. I'm thinking that as the season goes on the the talk will progress between Jeff, Rick and Chase. I'm kind of betting that whatever Chase is partial for that Rick will do whatever he can to get it. If Jeff would want to keep the 24 out there with Chase that would be great. Kind of like passing it on to the hopefully next great driver.

If Jeff had gotten killed on the track like Dale Sr did I would say let the 24 go down in history. But he is quitting so give it someone else.

Back
Top Bottom