72nd Annual 12 Hours of Sebring

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Three practices Thursday, qualifying Friday afternoon, green flag early at 9:40 AM ET Saturday (I think this is the earliest start time in event history).

TV coverage on USA picks up at 4 PM and carries through the race finish.

Do they shift in MX-5 cars? It's so crazy to me they can stay so close on road courses

20240315_140653.jpg

20240315_140721.jpg

20240315_140801.jpg

Not a fully representative qualifying session, with a red flag during GTP for Jaminet binning the Penske 6 in a big way. But Cadillac has looked great both days so far.

Doesn't look like they can't fix it for tomorrow, but that was a hairy ride. In SCCA school they tell you not to try to force the car back on, but you can't fight that instinct.

Doesn't look like they can't fix it for tomorrow, but that was a hairy ride. In SCCA school they tell you not to try to force the car back on, but you can't fight that instinct.
Supposedly bodywork only according to the team. Pretty fortunate break.

Can’t believe the Risi Ferrari didn’t wipe out half the GT field spinning across the track line that at the start. Jeez.

Don't have Peacock, so I'm counting on you guys to keep me up to speed. Anyone got a stream?

17 AWA retired with an alternator issue after two laps. The new Corvettes have had more issues than what you’d expect beyond initial teething so far.

There is just nothing more beautiful in motorsports than
seeing a bunch of prototypes darting and dodging in
a restart. I just love that BMW GTP livery.

Lots of argybargy and offs already. Pretty eventful start, though mostly able to keep it caution-free.

No disrespect intended towards the Rolex but this is the best race and best event on the calendar. Sebring’s challenge is at another level.

Dane Cameron has had a great career but I think he’s the weak link at PPM right now. Would not at all be surprised if he’s the lone driver left out of their Le Mans lineup.

Having been to this race as early as 1966, it's utterly amazing how they used to baby the cars and they still fell apart, but today they hammer the crap out of them for 24 hours with next to no attrition. As of right now all GTPs are on the same lap with Durani and Nasr racing like it's the last lap. This is endurance racing?

Wow. Durani was running away with it when he tangled with a GT car, hit the tire wall and ended up on his lid. He's out of the car no problem.

Almost looks like the same accident Lopez had in the WEC race few years back.

If you look at all the really big crashes Caddy has had recently, everyone has walked away. These are really safe cars.

Absolutely Derani’s fault, but it is amusing that seemingly 99% of the mega crashes between prototypes and GTs involved a Ferrari GT.

Almost looks like the same accident Lopez had in the WEC race few years back.

If you look at all the really big crashes Caddy has had recently, everyone has walked away. These are really safe cars.
When I got back to the tv I thought they may have
been showing a replay of that wreck you mentioned.
Took me a couple seconds to realize , wait . this is now.

Those LMP2s that did that split pass on Hawksworth was crazy.
Quit certain I would need to pit for a suit change and a Fresca.

Back
Top Bottom