Allison, Miller High Life and Blount at Milwaukee

17_Fan

Miller Brewing Company announced that it will commemorate the 100th Anniversary of its High Life brand by bringing together High Life Racing's past and present to sponsor a stock car in the upcoming Busch Series race at the Milwaukee Mile, June 29. High Life was a prominent backer of all forms of auto racing for two decades beginning in the 1970s and sponsored the High Life stock car in which Bobby Allison captured the 1983 NASCAR Winston Cup championship. Now, High Life is returning to the track with the Jesel Racing team and the #66 High Life Dodge, which will be driven by rookie Chad Blount. The car will feature a paint scheme to honor High Life's 100th Anniversary and a design that resembles Allison's championship-winning High Life car. This sponsorship commemorating the 100th Anniversary will make High Life the primary sponsor of Blount and the Jesel Racing team at the Milwaukee Mile, June 28-29. Extensive visibility for High Life on the team's car and crew uniforms, as well as on the driver's suit, is included in the deal. A 23-year-old driver who has participated in 11 Busch Series race, Blount will be making his first-ever start at Milwaukee's one-mile oval in the GNC Live Well 250. This season, Blount has recorded one top-five finish (Texas Motor Speedway, March 29) in the series. In 2002, Blount competed in the ARCA Re/Max series and finished second in the championship point standings. Blount, a Walkerton, Indiana native, recorded four ARCA wins, five pole positions and 11 top-five finishes, en route to earning series Rookie-of-the-Year honors. The car driven by Blount will resemble Bobby Allison's familiar High Life stock car in which he won his 1983 NASCAR Winston Cup championship.

P.S. Miller Lite is the light beer version of Miller High Life that currently is the sponsor of Rusty Wallace.

Those old High-LIfe cars bring back a lot of memories.If memory serves,I think both Bobby A and Bobby Hillin had indentical MHL cars back at one point in the eighties.I might be mistaken on this but I am almost sure they did.

Anyway Blount will be carrying a historically rich paint scheme and I wish him all the luck.What is Chad's car number,anyone know?

#66 High Life Dodge, says it right in 17fan's first post :cheers:

17fan, you going to the Busch and/or Truck race next weekend?
Do you know if Bobby will sign autographs?

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 22 2003, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I'll be there all weekend. From Thursday night to Sunday! :D

Haven't heard if Bobby is going to be signing, but I can't see why he wouldn't? I've seen him a cpl of times with his Allison Legacy Cars hauler at Michigan signing.

My brother said he was already in town last week at the brewery...so who knows?

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 21 2003, 06:41 AM
Those old High-LIfe cars bring back a lot of memories.If memory serves,I think both Bobby A and Bobby Hillin had indentical MHL cars back at one point in the eighties.I might be mistaken on this but I am almost sure they did.

Anyway Blount will be carrying a historically rich paint scheme and I wish him all the luck.What is Chad's car number,anyone know?
You're right about the Bobby Hillin car. Allison was #12 & Hillin was #22.

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Jun 22 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Jun 22 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--park30fan@Jun 22 2003, 06:13 AM

Haven't heard if Bobby is going to be signing, but I can't see why he wouldn't? I've seen him a cpl of times with his Allison Legacy Cars hauler at Michigan signing.

My brother said he was already in town last week at the brewery...so who knows? [/b][/quote]
I've only been their once in 1997 for the Busch race(that race decided the champion that year) but just haven't been able to get everything together right to go back since. If they add a IRL race there next year I'm really going to try to go and see that.
Hopefully the same driver that won the 1997 race wins next Sunday. And hopefully Musgrave wins his 2nd in a row.
Go Randy LaJoie and Ted Musgrave!

Originally posted by park30fan+Jun 22 2003, 09:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Jun 22 2003, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Jun 22 2003, 09:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--park30fan
@Jun 22 2003, 06:13 AM

My brother said he was already in town last week at the brewery...so who knows?
I've only been their once in 1997 for the Busch race(that race decided the champion that year) but just haven't been able to get everything together right to go back since. If they add a IRL race there next year I'm really going to try to go and see that.
Hopefully the same driver that won the 1997 race wins next Sunday. And hopefully Musgrave wins his 2nd in a row.
Go Randy LaJoie and Ted Musgrave! [/b][/quote]
Not a big fan of Randys...the next year he cost Matt a chance at winning at Milwaukee. He spun Matt out in turn four about 4 or 5 laps into the race, but Matt was able to work his way back up to 5th by the finish. Dale Jr. won that race.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jun 22 2003, 10:20 AM

Not a big fan of Randys...the next year he cost Matt a chance at winning at Milwaukee. He spun Matt out in turn four, but Matt was able to work his way back up to 5th by the finish. Dale Jr. won that race.
The way Randy's luck has been going lately, it's been more than made up for this year. Every race he's running good, than he has mechanical problems or gets wrecked. It's so bad if he can finish a race without a single problem, I'm happy. And I don't understand the mechanical problems when Nemechek and Reutimann never have them.

By the way, do you think their's a chance Milwaukee could ever get a Cup race? They have a nice facility, they have lights, they could add more seats. It's a different kind of track that's been added to the schedule lately and is in one of NASCAR's target markets. The races are usually pretty good there also.

No chance at all...they could have 10+ years ago. I heard that Carl Haas wanted to re-build the stands then, using his own $$$, but that 'dork' Tommy Thompson turned him down. WC dates were easier to come by back then & now the Mile is too close to Chicagoland. So I don't even think Nascar will even consider it. I think they re-built the stands in order just to keep the Busch race. The pay-out is one of the lowest in the series & once the stands are paid off, I think they'll start raising the prize money.

Back
Top Bottom