Another Candidate for the #4?

W

Ward Burton

Hearing that road racer David Murry has expressed an interest in driving the #4 Kodak car. Murry, who has ARCA and Winston Cup experience, reportedly had a recent conversation with Larry McClure. Apparently, the Atlanta resident is hoping to land one of the tryouts that McClure has indicated will take place in the coming weeks.

They should talk to Buckshot Jones. Seems they'd be a good fit for each other.

Originally posted by Eagle1@Jun 27 2003, 07:43 AM
They should talk to Buckshot Jones. Seems they'd be a good fit for each other.
Are you serious? I don't think that he even deserves to drive in the Busch Series.

Not that I want to necessarly see this happen, but I wonder why they just didn't hire John Andretti as a quick fix for the balance of the season?

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 27 2003, 03:25 PM
Not that I want to necessarly see this happen, but I wonder why they just didn't hire John Andretti as a quick fix for the balance of the season?
Larry McClure talked to John, but he said that he didn't want recycled drivers. Or maybe John turned him down and this is Larry's way of getting back at John, or trying to affect his chances of getting another job, because some people might think if they don't want him, he must be really bad.

What are you talking about? Buckshot Jones is a great driver, however his potential hasnt been seen because he's been in a dead-end team like Petty for such a while and so has Andretti. As for Morgan-McClure, I'd like to see a gameshow on who's going to pilot another dead end team in the 4.

I think Buckshot has talent from watching him in the Busch series, and he gets the best chance of his career when he drives the #09 car at Daytona. That car has performed great on plate tracks. I think John Andretti is a decent driver, but not as good as people seem to think he is. The 43's performance was just not as good with Andretti behind the wheel, as it was with Hamilton. However, I do think he would be wise to hold out and I think he deserves a shot in the #19 or #41 to prove me wrong.

There's no doubt, John Andretti can drive. I think he's a great driver, I've seen him in open wheel, he just needs a winning team. I think either he or Shane Hmiel would make the perfect match for the #1 DEI Car (callin it DEI because next year Pennzoil will go to the 99 or so I hear). The fact is that Morgan-McClure motorsports needs a driver who can perform great on a week in week out basis, and like Petty Enterprises they need the good equipment to provide him with. Those are the two key ways for a team to suffice in NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom