ARCA General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 @ Pocono Raceway

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
Live on Fox Sports 2 at 5:30 PM ET on Friday (Same day delay on Fox Sports 1 at 8:00 PM ET)

Hailie Deegan, Harrison Burton and others running.

Wednesday, May 29th (Optional)
7:00 AM 3:00 PM ARCA Menards Series Credentials
7:00 AM 5:30 PM ARCA Menards Series Garage
8:00 AM ARCA Menards Series Driver Meeting (Pocono Penthouse Club)
9:00 AM 12:00 PM Open Practice
1:00 PM 5:00 PM Open Practice

Thursday, May 30th
8:30 AM 3:00 PM ARCA Menards Series Credentials at Long Pond Road Location
8:30 AM ARCA Menards Series Remaining Haulers Enter
9:00 AM 5:00 PM ARCA Menards Series Garage
11:30 AM 5:00 PM Inspection Begins
NO ON TRACK ACTIVITY, INSPECTION ONLY

Friday, May 31st
7:00 AM 4:30 PM ARCA Menards Series Credentials at Long Pond Road Location
7:00 AM ARCA Menards Series Garage Opens
7:15 AM ARCA Menards Series Rookie Meeting (Pocono Penthouse Club)
7:30 AM Track Services Meeting (Club Pocono)
7:30 AM ARCA Menards Series Driver Crew Chief and Spotter Meeting
7:45 AM 8:00 AM ARCA Menards Series Rookie Rides
9:00 AM 10:00 AM ARCA Menards Series Practice
12:00 PM General Tire Pole Qualifying (All Positions)

POST QUALIFYING IMPOUND PROCEDURE IN EFFECT
1:30 PM First Time AMS Driver Meeting (ARCA Administration Trailer Office)
5:30 PM ARCA Menards Series Driver Introduction
5:45 PM Start of the General Tire #Anywhere Is Possible 200 (80 laps / 200 miles) *LIVE on Fox Sports 2 at 5:30 PM ET* *Fox Sports 1 at 8:00 PM ET*

Entered so far (Also entered for open test) on ARCARacing.com:

15 - Christian Eckes - Toyota - Venturini Motorsports
18 - Riley Herbst - Toyota - Joe Gibbs Racing
20 - Harrison Burton - Toyota - Venturini Motorsports (Chandler Smith for open test)
22 - Ty Majeski - Ford - Chad Bryant Racing (Corey Heim for open test)
23 - Bret Holmes - Chevrolet - Bret Holmes Racing
25 - Michael Self - Toyota - Venturini Motorsports
27 - Travis Braden - Ford - RFMS Racing
32 - Cole Glasson - Chevrolet - WinTron Racing
69 - Scott Melton - Ford - Kimmel Racing
77 - Joe Graf, Jr. - Ford - Chad Bryant Racing

Additional open test entries:

1 - Ed Pompa - Chevrolet - Fast Track High Performance Racing
5 - Bobby Gerhart - Chevrolet - Bobby Gerhart Racing
06R - Tim Richmond - Toyota - Wayne Peterson Racing
06T - Don Thompson - Chevrolet - Wayne Peterson Racing
10 - Tommy Vigh Jr. - Toyota - Fast Track High Performance Racing
11 - Jonas Fors - Toyota - Fast Track High Performance Racing
55 - Hailie Deegan - Toyota - Venturini Motorsports

Possible entrants:

21 - Sheldon Creed - Chevrolet - GMS Racing
28 - Brandon McReynolds/Carson Hocevar - Chevrolet - KBR Development

Last edited:
Possibly only 19/20 cars for the race from what I'm seeing on the updated entry list................that's not good.

Meh. I am not a fan of consolidation at all if possible. Less races/events for tracks, and race weekends isn't good to me as a fan. Something has to do be done to reduce costs somewhere though & I hope the 2020 alliance/merger/whatever can bring things up a bit.

I've said before, but if K&N could get back to 20-25, ARCA 25-30, Xfinity having a DNQ or 2 on a weekly basis then I'll feel happy about the health of the lower tiers of the sport.

Funny enough, that was the health of those series back in 2016/2017, I don't see how NASCAR can't attain that again.............

Happy to see they are up to 22 cars entered now. Still a far cry from 2016/17 when there was 35 cars, and 30 last year..

Would hate to see ARCA, K&N East & K&N West consolidated too much. ARCA has about 20 races, East and West Series each have 12 race weekends (though 2 of them are combination races, so 22 total events). Combining the 3 series, over 40 events, into 1 schedule... What happens to some of the great tracks on the schedule, which ones are kept and which are cut? I'd hate to see tracks like the Illinois dirt miles, Colorado, Tucson, South Boston, Elko, etc... losing races...
Not sure what the right answer is, because a field of 15-18 cars with only 10-12 of those being competitive isnt a good thing either. But i'd hate to see all of those events axed. Look what happened to the Southern Modified Tour when they combined it with the New England series. Its now just the old New England series' schedule with 2 southern races added on. None of the Southern Modified Teams decided to run the series, and pretty much all of the tracks were just removed from the schedule...

Combining the East series with ARCA might be workable, but I don't see how the west series could really be combined. The midwest and Carolina based ARCA and K&N east teams dont want to go out to Cali and Arizona to run and the Cali based west series teams wont want to be running most of their races out east...
Not sure what the right call is with these series, its tough.
The east series race at Memphis this weekend only has 14 pre-entered, hopefully another few will show up.
Pintys series is also rough with only 15 entered at Cayuga... Both of those are pretty large tracks as well...

They have to really do something with the cars and costs of the cars, maybe adjusting purses or getting a smaller chunk from the TV deals if at possible. I don't see how NASCAR can justify axing K&N and ARCA.

Running 7-8 races in K&N West & K&N East as regional series, while ARCA being the combined bigger national touring series with slight changes to the schedule makes sense.

K&N West: Irwindale, Kern County, Tucson, All-American (Sacramento), Sonoma, Evergreen, Meridian/Spokane/Utah/Douglas County (1 of them), Colorado National
K&N East: New Smyrna, Bristol, South Boston, Memphis, Thompson, Loudon, Dover, Langley

Entry List for Pocono. Race is on FS 2 @ 5:30

D75kYpHW4AAh9PY.jpg:large

And for a 200-mile ARCA race, this crowd is pretty impressive.

I agree. I like that a lot of tracks are moving to affordable (or FREE with a Monster can at Pocono) Friday tickets when there's not a national touring series race.

Then there's Sonoma where it's $30 for practices and no qualifying sessions.

Wonder how many people would show up to these ARCA companion weekend races if they were $5-$10 every track. This is a solid crowd.

Turns 2 and 3, Majeski looks so good on exit.

Self is pitting, what in the world? Self says RR is down.

Saying rear axle is cooked.

Not looking so hot for Deegan...meh I'll chalk it up to equipment

Crab walk taking me down memory lane

Very interesting hand placement on the wheel for Deegan. She kind of shifts her hands on the bottom of the wheel, very unorthodox to see. You usually see 9 to 3 or 10 to 2 positions, but she's at like a 7 to 5.

I wonder if she will change her driving style as she progressess on in her career?

Back
Top Bottom