Atlanta Pre-Race Thread

The graphics on Fox's side by side looks much better.

Seems like they put some effort into their graphics this past offseason as the cutaway car was 10000000000x better last week.

Still about 10 heavy hitters to go but Logano and McDowell picking up right where they left off last week.

Im really looking forward to how the new Ford body does at the more traditional intermediates.

7 Dark Horse Mustangs going for the pole
1708795274806.png

Good to see the Hooters curse is still very much alive and well for Clyde.

For real. I mean, it’s great to love NASCAR as much as this guy does. I’m glad he feels that way. Unfortunately everything has flaws, and NASCAR is no different. Not every aspect of the sport is perfect, and that’s okay.

Agreed. I’d kill for college basketball to adopt the Elam Ending, it’s gotten to be an absurd free throw shooting contest anymore

Speedway races have become so boring. They used to be so exciting. That parade in the 500 of fuel saving where the pack was going slower than a single car was just embarrassing
It kinda makes sense though. You can't separate yourself from the field so why go 100% and risk wrecking your car early?

Yeah there’s little incentive for open cars to run unless there’s a sponsor or something in the purse at big races I don’t know of. I thought the Duels were great sent a couple cars home.

I’m surprised to see McLeod @ Atlanta.

Would love qualifying more in the Cup Series if they had 41 or 42 cars fighting for 40 spots every week but NASCAR can’t seem to find travel money for them to do that.

This sport is so awesome. Going to be so interesting if MY Toyotas race well.....I think it was interesting that the Legacy guys were so sketchy....keep in mind that they are not affiliated.....I like it.....They may trip on their dicks from time to time, but they must have gone their own way with set ups. Going to be interesting to see how the rest of MY crew rolls.

I think it was interesting that the Legacy guys were so sketchy....keep in mind that they are not affiliated.....I like it.....They may trip on their dicks from time to time, but they must have gone their own way with set ups.
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how a Toyota team performs without the JGR influence most other teams have subscribed to in recent years. At least they won't have to worry about Joe upping the rates if they outperform him.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how a Toyota team performs without the JGR influence most other teams have subscribed to in recent years. At least they won't have to worry about Joe upping the rates if they outperform him.

What was the last Toyota team that wasn't under JGR influence? Michael waltrip racing?

I would have thought they would have just changed the setup, including the drive train if needed on the original Atlanta car and used it again yesterday (unless it was crashed as well during the 500).

Wonder if this means the orignal Vegas car they raced yesterday also gets replaced. Maybe it does given the transport time needed.

The sport is ever evolving...Who talked about saving fuel before the 500? I didn't hear much. For every move, there is a counter move....who is to say that circumstances might dictate a different move/counter move?
No one said that. Atlanta was more exciting and a better race for sure but my god just too many crashes. I guess that is what the fans want to see though. Either way - on to Vegas where we will see who has speed and who does not for the first time all year.

No one said that. Atlanta was more exciting and a better race for sure but my god just too many crashes. I guess that is what the fans want to see though. Either way - on to Vegas where we will see who has speed and who does not for the first time all year.
:director:Go HMS Chevys.:punkrocke

Back
Top Bottom