Atlanta Truck RACE thread

Dominating performance by Crafton...........the race for 3rd was pretty exciting to watch.........all in all, enjoyed it. Crafton's 6th win? Think I heard that.........good for him. At least it wasn't a Sprint Cup driver winning.

The cup driver placed 15th 1 lap down. What a shame. :XXROFL:

Brads not that great in the trucks, I think he only has one win .................. he should leave the truck series to a real driver like Kyle Busch

Brads not that great in the trucks, I think he only has one win .................. he should leave the truck series to a real driver like Kyle Busch

Yeah, but Brad has something Kyle has been trying to reach for.

;) Brad usually wins when it matters.

I'm curious to know...

What is the longest a good, elite driver went without their first championship? Besides Harvick who went a full 12 years before his first.

What are other notable drivers to get their first late?

Yeah, but Brad has something Kyle has been trying to reach for.

;) Brad usually wins when it matters.

Speaking of truck series here, Brads trucks always seem competitive with other people driving them, Kyles numerous wins in the series speak for themselves. cup stuff has nothing to do with trucks

I'm curious to know...

What is the longest a good, elite driver went without their first championship? Besides Harvick who went a full 12 years before his first.

Look it up ............ google "truck series champions" ;)

Erik Jones should've had a top five, it sucks that he got screwed by a truck four laps down.

had almost everything that could go wrong on a couple of pit stops, did pretty well considering that and his first time at Atlanta I thought. Dillon ran a good race and Reddick came back from a speeding penalty to finish top 5. Bunch of rookie mistakes, but they did pretty well. Suaraz was strong all day.

I'm curious to know...

Probably Dale Jarrett - his first Cup race was in 1984 and his first full Cup season was 1988, and he won his first Cup title in 1999 at age 43.

So you have little respect for Matt Craftons accomplishments ?

No, I respect whoever wins a championship in their field.

I dont think it's right or even fair to move up through the ranks and then go back to fill your ego.

I'm curious to know...

You can add Mark Martin to the "never obtained a first" list. Such a shame.

Other than Jarrett, can't really think of anyone that took a while off the top of my head.

The grand stands were a sad sight.

Hard for a track to justify a race in this series, with that few fans in the seats.

Crafton was in a different zip code for sure.

I'm curious to know...

Bobby Allison won his one and only Cup championship in 1983 in his 18th season at age 46.

Along with Mark Martin, Junior Johnson and Fireball Roberts never won a championship either.

Good god. Abysmal races today, NASCAR needs to do something to fix the competition in these lower divisions

Too bunched up last weekend , too spread out this weekend ? Be careful what you wish for .

No, I respect whoever wins a championship in their field.

I dont think it's right or even fair to move up through the ranks and then go back to fill your ego.

And keep your company afloat

I remember when the Trucks use to race at Evergreen in Washington, Portland, Mesa Marin, Odessa (Missouri), Louisville, etc. Those used to be some really good races. Those races produced some good rivalries in the series (Skinner, Hornaday, Sprague, Ruttman, etc). The problems those tracks had is they couldn't keep up with the sanctioning fees and minimum purses that NASCAR was requiring.

I remember when the Trucks use to race at Evergreen in Washington, Portland, Mesa Marin, Odessa (Missouri), Louisville, etc. Those used to be some really good races. Those races produced some good rivalries in the series (Skinner, Hornaday, Sprague, Ruttman, etc). The problems those tracks had is they couldn't keep up with the sanctioning fees and minimum purses that NASCAR was requiring.
And the teams couldn't race for the minimum purses, much less what the promoters were willing to pay.

AMS during the truck race.....

B_MAtaNWkAAWE0f.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom