Better Half Dash - The Ladies of NASCAR compete

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
The race isn't until the NASCAR schedule takes them to Charlotte but it's a fun exhibition race to watch.

Here's a LINK to the upcoming race that gives a rundown on which of NASCAR's wife's and girlfriend's will be competing.

LINK

Last year the race was broadcast on the web. Not sure about this years yet.

Which significant other will injury themselves this time?

Will Ricky compete? :)
giphy.gif

To date, the entry list for this year's Better Half Dash includes:
  • Ashley Allgaier, wife of NASCAR driver Justin Allgaier
  • Ashton Bayne, wife of NASCAR driver Trevor Bayne
  • Jordan Fish, girlfriend of NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin
  • Karlee Hensley, fiancé of NASCAR driver Dakoda Armstrong
  • Adrienne Pattie, wife of NASCAR crew chief Brian Pattie
  • Amy Reimann, girlfriend of NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.
  • Jenna Robinson, wife of NASCAR pit crew member Clay Robinson
  • Melanie Self, representing Motor Racing Outreach
  • Heidi Stoddard, wife of NASCAR team owner Frank Stoddard
  • Ashley Deihl Stremme, wife of NASCAR driver David Stremme
  • Kristen Yeley, wife of NASCAR driver J.J. Yeley

They need to put these women in some real cars! At least put them in a Late Model race car.

Kristen Yeley fastest so far in 'Better Half Dash' qualifying

KY.jpg

Kristen Yeley, wife of NASCAR driver J.J. Yeley, clocked the fastest time in Monday’s qualifying session and will be among the favorites to win the fourth annual Better Half Dash Thursday night on Charlotte Motor Speedway’s frontstretch quarter-mile oval.

“Three years of experience,” she said. “I’m a lot more comfortable. I need to find my groove a little bit It takes me to find my groove, but when I do, I’m completely comfortable and I know my limits.”

Despite running the only sub 20-second lap, Yeley won’t know until Thursday if she’ll start from the pole when the 25-lap charity race supporting Motor Racing Outreach and Speedway Children’s Charities goes green. That honor will be determined by fan donations. Fans can make a donation to their favorite Better Half Dash driver at www.betterhalfdash.com. The driver with the most individual donations will have the option of choosing her starting spot.

Melanie Self, Heidi Stoddard, Ashton Bayne and Karlee Hensley rounded out the top five, while Ashley Deihl Stremme, Ashley Allgaier, Jenna Robinson, Adriene Pattie and Jordan Fish finished 6-10. Amy Reimann did not qualify.

@Amy_Reimann #BetterHalfDash day! Thank you so much to all of those who donated! If you can't make it out, watch live on Fanschoice.tv/nascar 5pm EST.

how fast will those things go?
I don't know what speed they get to. They don't get going to fast on that small section of track on the front stretch of Charlotte. It's still been a fun race to watch the past few years. Most of these girls are definitely out of their element.

@keselowski

Made it 2 the track and quickly was hit in the bus lot by a better half dash participants car Now I'm definitely staying to watch the race!

@nascarcasm

Rooting for @Amy_Reimann to win the #BetterHalfDash because unless I'm wrong that gets @DaleJr into Eliminator Round but I don't think I am.

Back
Top Bottom