Bonehead of the week: Bristol II

There are so many that if I listed them all it would read like a book.

The one people have missed is kurt busch for ruining Jeff Gordons entire race by trying to wreck him because he couldn't get around him like Harvick did to Hamlin. Jeff had a race winning car until he got caught up in lap traffic and kurt busch crushed his left rear quarter panel and bent something underneath.
While that was frustrating and stupid of Kurt Busch. That shouldn't have been that big of a deal. There was still 400 laps left and the crew should have been able to fix it and improve the car and they didn't. Kurt Busch didn't ruin Gordon's night. The inability to make the right adjustments ruined Gordon's night.
What part of bent something underneath did you not understand? There were no right adjustments unless they went behind the wall and repaired it which would have put them many laps down. I was listening to them on raceview and they opted to stay out and make the most of a situation that was beyond their control and caused by the idiocy of Kurt Busch.

The one people have missed is kurt busch for ruining Jeff Gordons entire race by trying to wreck him because he couldn't get around him like Harvick did to Hamlin. Jeff had a race winning car until he got caught up in lap traffic and kurt busch crushed his left rear quarter panel and bent something underneath.

I don't think Kurt intentionally set out to hit Jeff. You can think whatever you want. I didn't see where Kurt tried to wreck Jeff.

I don't think Kurt intentionally set out to hit Jeff. You can think whatever you want. I didn't see where Kurt tried to wreck Jeff.
Agreed, and Harvick didn't intentionally wreck Hamlin either.

Seemed like a little rub to me. Who said something was bent?

Harvick......................... the d-bag bully hit everything on the track and thankfully didnt win, taking out joooonyer is unforgivable :(

Ya know, it's racing. **** happens. Kurt got too close to Jeff but he didn't do it on purpose. IMO.
Do I think he tried to take him out on purpose? No. I think he got impatient and tried to do a bump and run but hit him too hard and in the wrong place. Call it whatever you want but it happened.
Seemed like a little rub to me. Who said something was bent?
Watch it again. It doesn't take much to bend or move some of that stuff under a car. When they pitted Alan said" how bad's it bent?" then " which way?" then " we'd have to go behind the wall to fix it so we'll stay out". The radio is one way to the crew but those comments were self explanatory.

Last edited:
Yeah, he effed up big time, but I forgive him. I'm sure that'll help him sleep a little better tonight. ;)
:D
Check out Marty Smith's Instagram pick, you'll see Kurt isn't the only who was trying to move cars outta the way.. IMO.. It's just short track racing

http://instagram.com/p/sEK5g5go03/
Yeah. After he got hit he wasn't happy having to restart at the tail end of the longest line on every restart so he was mixing it up with the boy's and girl. :D

has harv said anything about the incident?

Not happy about Patrick getting taken out by bowman. Its a racing deal, he was checking up and did not get checked up soon enough. it still smarts though :(

Harvick's mistake took a couple good cars out.

Johnson made pit road mistakes and still finished 4th - he made up for his mistakes.

can't forget Kurt Busch, well both of the Busch's were pretty good boneheads, but Kurt was screaming like a me me the whole race, f bombing his crew and spewing out disrespect...they throw a mike in his face and it is calm, all is well Kurt.

I don't know what "The Harv" was thinking, the bottom wasn't working all to hot so there was no need for protecting that space hitting it carrying that much speed
and totally committed. Only if Hambone could have gained a few feet "The Harv" would have met Mr. Wall, then again that might have ended worse off for many more drivers. I'll recall my vote and give it to "The Harv".

Not happy about Patrick getting taken out by bowman. Its a racing deal, he was checking up and did not get checked up soon enough. it still smarts though :(
Yeah, I saw on Jayski that he apologized to her and to Danica Nation. Ha ha.

That makes everything better
LOL. It is what it is. There's nothing more that Harv can really do or say.

At least these guys owned up to their mistakes. How many times have we seen drivers screw up and then not admit fault, or worse, blame the other driver for it?

Yeah, I saw on Jayski that he apologized to her and to Danica Nation. Ha ha.

LOL. It is what it is. There's nothing more that Harv can really do or say.

At least these guys owned up to their mistakes. How many times have we seen drivers screw up and then not admit fault, or worse, blame the other driver for it?
Bowman owned up and it wasn't even his fault!

I don't feel bad for Hamlin, He is not full psycho like his team mate, but I think his kissing the wall has slowed him down a bit. Some of them never recover after they have a big hit.

Kahnes right front tire changer

Back
Top Bottom