Bonehead of the week: Charlotte II

Logano/22 team... seriously when your car is wrecked dude you short pit atleast for the first time to check your tire wear. No reason to wreck it twice. salvage your day.
I gotta go with this one. Truex was a racing incident. Logano's second hit was a definite oversight.

... Why is there a need to shove somebody down the track while their on the gas? ...
Seriously? I know this wasn't the first race you watched.

The second-row cars often push the first-row ones. It's to help the car in front of you clear the guy beside him, so you can get a shot to clear that 'side by' car too. Is this the first time you've seen this done? o_O

That's why he took responsibility. SMDH.

Taking responsibility is great but if I run over your foot with my car you still have a broken foot regardless of whether I take responsibility or not. I understand that no one is perfect and accidents do happen though.

Wondering what constitutes becoming an 'elite talent' ? And how many races one is supposed to win in poor equipment before being considered worthy of winning in elite equipment? It's all like new racing and new math to me. I just can't keep up with it.

Steve Park won in DEI equipment and David Reutimann won in MWR stuff which is why I said they could win in the 78 car along with guys like Vickers, McMurray, Bayne, Stenhouse and quite a few more.

I'll go with the #3 team for putting a slow car with 2 tires in front of the field on a crucial restart. Not sure what they expected the 19 cars behind him to do...wait patiently while the top line went by? My only regret is that MTJ didn't dump him on purpose.

Are you being facetious? If not why would you want any driver to dump another one on purpose. I am not crazy about Shrub but I would never want to see anyone wreck him deliberately.

It's not what Truex did, it's who it affected. People get ultra-sensitive whenever something happens to the 24 car.

I don't think it has so much to do with the number this time but instead people being bummed he got taken out of a race he would have had a good finish in.

The second-row cars often push the first-row ones. It's to help the car in front of you clear the guy beside him, so you can get a shot to clear that 'side by' car too. Is this the first time you've seen this done? o_O

If you push a car square in the bumper bad things could happen but they are not as likely as if more force is put on one side of the car than the other. Going from memory it seemed like Truex hit Dillion with more force on the right side and turned him.

" whining" or "winning" ? Same thing ?

Truex got into trouble with fandom due to people perceiving an entitlement attitude and that turns people off. In reality I don't think Truex has many fans or detractors.

If you push a car square in the bumper bad things could happen but they are not as likely as if more force is put on one side of the car than the other. Going from memory it seemed like Truex hit Dillion with more force on the right side and turned him.
Oh, Truex certainly didn't get it right.

rocket dawg's question was "Why is there a need to shove somebody down the track while their on the gas?" I'm just answering it.

Oh, Truex certainly didn't get it right.

rocket dawg's question was "Why is there a need to shove somebody down the track while their on the gas?" I'm just answering it.

Years ago drivers used to be able to slam draft cars at plate tracks with no problem but in the last 15 years or so any sort of bumping often times ends up bad. It could be the cars don't lend themselves to it but also I have seen several drivers hit the car in front of them on the wrong place on the car or the wrong place on the track.

Years ago drivers used to be able to slam draft cars at plate tracks with no problem but in the last 15 years or so any sort of bumping often times ends up bad. It could be the cars don't lend themselves to it but also I have seen several drivers hit the car in front of them on the wrong place on the car or the wrong place on the track.

Do you think the change came after 2012 when they tried hard to ban the tandem and messed up the alignment of the bumpers? It's still the same frame and bumper configuration as at non-late tracks.

Do you think the change came after 2012 when they tried hard to ban the tandem and messed up the alignment of the bumpers? It's still the same frame and bumper configuration as at non-late tracks.

I think that is certainly part of it.

The tandem was as close as I've come to enjoying plate racing. Apparently I was the only one.

No you aren't, I think it looks cool. Of course I wasn't a fan of the sport back then so IDK how I would have felt about such a dynamic change in how plate races go.

Surprised there's no silver spoon hate in this thread. Everyone asleep at the switch? Or, is Truex the new whipping boy?

Well the lawd... I mean Truax did mercifully spare us from any chance of a head stupid head first slide on the grass from Pop Pops boy.
And I am thankful that we was spared from that affliction.

Truax took Dillion out, unfortunate but a racing accident imo. You can't lay down on a restart. There is a line of at least 15 cars in your lane behind you, that will knock you out of the way if you hesitate. You got to go.

No other part of the race has the cars more congested, or has the cars as tightly compressed together. The accordian effect is never more real, a eat or be eaten moment.

Richard Childress Racing going down pit road with 5 to go to check the battery on the 2.
I agree with this. Pull off the track, let your teammate go by, then get back on the track in front of the 6. I'm glad this points manipulation wasn't enough to achieve the goal.

I'll give it to RCR for a series of interesting calls...

1) The 2 tire call that started the big one. Seemed like a desperate move that wasn't necessary at the time especially with the 22 and 4 already having major issues in the race.

2) The decision to not pit Ty for tires in the Xfinity race when everyone he was racing came for tires.

3) The call to pit Austin in the late laps of the Xfinity race when Ty needed two positions to advance.

Seriously? Cars cant take 2 or zero tires? ever? even if a jibbs idiot is behind them?? Seems like Haglin almost did it the the race winner, but just not to the same degree. whatever. It isnt right period and if the 78 messed up his other team members with his bonehead move, he would be in a world of sh!t with the monday morning jibbs team meeting. the 78 KNEW FOR A FACT THAT THE 3 CAR ONLY TOOK 2 TIRES. Every one in the stands knew it, I knew it. the 78 needs to deal with it the right way and have some freaking patience period. He would have made it 3 wide in turn 2 or 3 anyway and made the pass. Geez, just because your faster with 4 new stickers dosent mean you can punt them into the backfield taking out 8 plus cars ( 2 chase cars). truex is a idiot and so is hanglin. Seems like your pushin theory only works if everyone is on 4 fresh tires and hopefully dont miss a shift or spin a tire. The last restart didnt have any issues did it? even start and the best car won. Lets say for a second it was he 19 in front of the 78? hmmm same results?? hardly.......................

I'm miffed but OK with Truex's explanation especially since he took responsibility. But if the 78 is holding up the 3 in any situation over the next two weeks AD should punt his entitled a$$.

I'm not a dillion fan at all. Just seems the attitude comes with a jibbs car---get the hell outa my way beotches or I'll apologize later with the basic statement " i just hated to see that happen to the (?) car" but we had an awesome car with some awesome pit stops and the crew was just hmmm let me think of a new word here hmm ... umm, awesome. the apology makes it o.k. then, right? it was an intention shove but he said 'sorry" so its kewl... I believe jeffery dalmer said sorry too.

Taking responsibility is great but if I run over your foot with my car you still have a broken foot regardless of whether I take responsibility or not. I understand that no one is perfect and accidents do happen though.

If Dillon didn't know that what happened was a possibility, he is an idiot. He says he is going out and winning one of the next two so it should be an issue anyway.:biggrin:

I'm not a dillion fan at all. Just seems the attitude comes with a jibbs car---get the hell outa my way beotches or I'll apologize later with the basic statement " i just hated to see that happen to the (?) car" but we had an awesome car with some awesome pit stops and the crew was just hmmm let me think of a new word here hmm ... umm, awesome. the apology makes it o.k. then, right? it was an intention shove but he said 'sorry" so its kewl... I believe jeffery dalmer said sorry too.

I'd prefer Truex to tell him to kiss his ass, but you know, I root for guys like that.

I'm miffed but OK with Truex's explanation especially since he took responsibility. But if the 78 is holding up the 3 in any situation over the next two weeks AD should punt his entitled a$$.

You mentioned AD, Truex, and entitlement....and you chose to match Truex and entitlement? Holy ****. AD is the picture of entitlement. I'd love to see him try that. Thinking Truex would stuff the hat up his ass.

I'll go with the #3 team for putting a slow car with 2 tires in front of the field on a crucial restart. Not sure what they expected the 19 cars behind him to do...wait patiently while the top line went by? My only regret is that MTJ didn't dump him on purpose.

I honestly beg to differ, the 3 kept up perfectly with the 48. His left sides didn't have enough laps on them to legitimately impact his restart too much. The second row just was much faster and Truex slammed Dillon too hard. Watch the video, Hamlin hit Johnson at the exact same time, except not as hard.

Yes!

Seriously? Cars cant take 2 or zero tires? ever? even if a jibbs idiot is behind them?? Seems like Haglin almost did it the the race winner, but just not to the same degree. whatever. It isnt right period and if the 78 messed up his other team members with his bonehead move, he would be in a world of sh!t with the monday morning jibbs team meeting. the 78 KNEW FOR A FACT THAT THE 3 CAR ONLY TOOK 2 TIRES. Every one in the stands knew it, I knew it. the 78 needs to deal with it the right way and have some freaking patience period. He would have made it 3 wide in turn 2 or 3 anyway and made the pass. Geez, just because your faster with 4 new stickers dosent mean you can punt them into the backfield taking out 8 plus cars ( 2 chase cars). truex is a idiot and so is hanglin. Seems like your pushin theory only works if everyone is on 4 fresh tires and hopefully dont miss a shift or spin a tire. The last restart didnt have any issues did it? even start and the best car won. Lets say for a second it was he 19 in front of the 78? hmmm same results?? hardly.......................
I'm not debating the right to take as many or as few tires as desired.

You asked "Why is there a need to shove somebody down the track while their on the gas?" I'm answering that question. That's the only part of your comment I addressed. The situation is not unique to this race; it happens every week.

I believe the current cars front and rear mandated configuration was designed so that they would not line up.

I'm not debating the right to take as many or as few tires as desired.

You asked "Why is there a need to shove somebody down the track while their on the gas?" I'm answering that question. That's the only part of your comment I addressed. The situation is not unique to this race; it happens every week.
Yes it does but not on every restart. Its the consequences that it has especially when every racer knows who took 2 and who took 4. The 78 knew what was in front of him and decided to shove him at an odd angle which, well we all know the results. He didnt use common sense or he knew it might happen and did it anyway. I used to be a martin fan but he has lost a few with his actions this year. he did an outdoor show bow hunting whitetails a few years ago and I thought he was a class act. I've since changed my mind..

Loyalties trump objectivity. It’s seen in many threads. Depending on the driver, comments even disappear.

Looks like Truex is getting under that skin of a lot of people these days. Funny how the hate builds as the success continues.

This one million times, we always talk about drivers who we would like to see in a better car.

We are getting it in Truex and now people are moaning and groaning, maybe so more of the fact he's affiliated with JGR than anything else.

Nobody wanted to see Truex in better equipment. Haven't you heard? He sucks.

Back
Top Bottom