Bonehead of the week: Talladega II

MRM

Team Owner
With no big one or no real accidents, hard to pick a bonehead this week. Logano recovered from his jack issue to win. Can't give it to him. I guess I'll give mine to the 3 JGR cars and Tony Stewart for riding around in back all day and either making no effort to get to the front or didn't have the opportunity too. I understand the JGR cars stragedy. It looked like all four were hanging out in the back to get the race over. Any fans that paid money to see it in person have to be disappointed. I would be.

With no big one or no real accidents, hard to pick a bonehead this week. Logano recovered from his jack issue to win. Can't give it to him. I guess I'll give mine to the 3 JGR cars and Tony Stewart for riding around in back all day and either making no effort to get to the front or didn't have the opportunity too. I understand the JGR cars stragedy. It looked like all four were hanging out in the back to get the race over. Any fans that paid money to see it in person have to be disappointed. I would be.
JGR. Id feel really stupid to be a JGR fan today. To root for a team that doesn't care for the fans that paid to see them do their best, its a shame man.
Yep on both counts.

JGR. Id feel really stupid to be a JGR fan today. To root for a team that doesn't care for the fans that paid to see them do their best, its a shame man.
As a fan of the #20 car, I want to see Kenseth win the championship. Sometimes the format encourages the tactics we saw today.

I don't see how successfully managing the Chase format and making into the next round qualifies as 'bonehead'. Kes, Truex, Dillon, and Elliott busted their humps admirably, but they won't be hoisting the trophy at Homestead.

Be mad a Brian France not JGR. Hate the game instead of the player.
Or do like I do; watch football after Richmond.

I actually have no invested emotional/personal interest in any JGR cars. Just feel bad for their fans
That's one of the good things about racing. If I go to a 'stick and ball' game and my team sits their starters because they have their playoff slot locked up, it sucks. If I go to a race and my guy runs around in the back all day intentionally, there are 39 other drivers I can watch. :)

Johnson and harvick raced....the JGR guys could have put some effort into it

Bonehead is Nascar for not throwing the yellow for a car running around the at speed with a jack under it.
I guess they were for it to become dislodged and possibly go through a windshield, over the fence or kill someone.

No penalty either, he pitted for service to remove the jack.

He didn't take any service. They just removed the equipment he carried out of the box, same as a wrench in the rear window.

Service imo, he couldn't race dragging the thing.

NASCAR for making Talladega a Chase elimination race. It's an insult.

At least an underdog could've won since the Chasers outside of the Penske cars took the week off. But of course Big Bird won. Yippie skippie.

The aero package sucks balls. The racing is boring. But what else is new i guess.

A lot of people bitching about what the JGR guys did today, but it's a product of this chase format. Doing such a thing would have been incredibly costly in any other format.
Doing such a thing at a non-plate track would have been costly. They'd have been trapped multiple laps down, unable to advance if they'd wanted or needed to.

I'll go with NBC for their insane focus on Chase Elliot. I like Chase, but I've never seen such hyperventilating over a guy running 15th.
You apparently didn't hear or have forgotten how DW had an obvious man-crush on Jr. for years, or how he raved about Danica every time she successfully completed a lap for her first couple of seasons.

I don't care about a penalty. I care about somebody getting hurt or killed.
I guess its safety first unless it affects the outcome of the race. If that jack had come loose it would have been bad.

A marble sized ball of rubber can trigger a caution but a driver dragging a jack around the track for 2.5 miles at speed is perfectly fine. Not only was JLo dragging the jack he was intentionally trying to dislodge it.

People that want to be Nascar fans obviously rationalize everything away in order to get a weekly fix but for others it is a complete joke how rules are changed on a dime and ignored on a whim.

Not sure :D
I quit watching weeks ago. Couldn't tell you WTF is going on in the sport. Just trying to stick up for my boys, honestly.
The next race I watch will be Atlanta, 3/5/17

IDK about what is going on with the lottery other than JJ, Harvick and JLo are in the next round. Like you I know the whole exercise of crowning a champion is illegitimate.

A marble sized ball of rubber can trigger a caution but a driver dragging a jack around the track for 2.5 miles at speed is perfectly fine. Not only was JLo dragging the jack he was intentionally trying to dislodge it.
I have to wonder what a jack would do if let loose @ a buck fifty..... :eek:

That was one, non call, that I agree with you on. That one deserved a yellow from the moment he crossed the pit road exit line if not before.

A lot of people bitching about what the JGR guys did today, but it's a product of this chase format. Doing such a thing would have been incredibly costly in any other format.

In a sport if you went out and put in the kind of effort into the game as the Gibbs guys did you would be cut from the team......or signed by the Cleveland Browns as they are the Nascar of the NFL.

Bonehead move for NBC putting the race on NBCSN. But kudos to them for showing the truck race on NBC.

Back
Top Bottom