Brad Keselowski

His act is getting old pretty quick. He needs to worry about driving the car and not running his mouth. I started liking him but he's quickly changed my mind. He'll be an after thought after Homestead this year.

i'm not ready to jump on the dog pile. brad is willing to say what he believes. i like that. doesn't mean i agree with him. but his personality has the media shoving a microphone in his face at every chance. and i hope he keeps speaking his mind.

Brad just isn't very bright. Great driver but still clueless when it comes to the big picture.

1.Penske needs to buy him a wife to keep him straight, and can deal out the repercussions as easily as Nascar spanks Hamlin for talking. One with the skill to roll her eyes, and get the "yes my dear" results.
2. Or he needs to buy Brad lots of memberships to some visually enticing web sites.
3. Or an internet trainier to teach him the basic rules: always be anoymous and unaccountable. Before you can be an internet somebody, you need to be an anoymous nobody, only then can you say anything without any personal cost.

I'm not a fan of the fines for drivers speaking their mind but this is one of those times it could be justified - Keselowski is saying another driver cheated and called NASCAR's integrity in to question - again. Just like when he was busted for cheating, he claimed NASCAR was out to get him.

He's upset because he hasn't won a race. Needs to spend more time focusing on his car and working with his team and less time on his iPhone.

matt: don't take this as a cheap shot, but the driver iin your avatar is exactly why i like guys like brad, and ryan, and tony, and even the busch clowns. there may be more to this than all of jeff's vanilla (thank the lord...brooke told me to say that) interviews. maybe a bigger factor was i am a earnhardt sr. fan.

but i can't stand the corporate kiss a$$ sponsor interviews. i know what those guys have to do and are going to say before they say it. so quit wasting my time.

i want emotion and opinions. not a lame sales pitch.

here's a toast to miller lite beer (can't stand it either!). hope they continue to stand, and not muzzle, a driver willing to voice his opinions.

jmo

Drivers are egotistical nut jobs. They just put on the plastic smiles for the hot mics.

But the animal thinks he is the best, and as long as people aint cheating and lying he will rightfully win. When it doesnt happen the injustice is hard to handle.

His act is getting old pretty quick. He needs to worry about driving the car and not running his mouth. I started liking him but he's quickly changed my mind. He'll be an after thought after Homestead this year.

I think he'll win 5 or 6 championships before he's done. Brad says his social develoment was distorted by being so small and being totally focused on racign while he was growing up. He'll start to learn when he starts to listen to people around him, but he's damn talented.

Thank heaven Brad isn't another Jimmy Johnson , Nascar needs more brash young guns like him . Trying to make him into Mr. Nice Guy is not good for the sport.

I think Brad is a really good driver but it's no secret that his whining and complaining and pointing fingers at others is beginning to get annoying to a lot of his fans. If he keeps complaining and thowing endless accuasations out there then he will lose all his credibility and people will just start ignoring him like most of us do when someone on of this forum complains every time they post.

Thank heaven Brad isn't another Jimmy Johnson , Nascar needs more brash young guns like him . Trying to make him into Mr. Nice Guy is not good for the sport.
I'm sure one can be opinionated without postulating a conspiracy theory every other week. I still like Brad but he better reign it in a bit before he goes completely off the deep end.

I'm sure one can be opinionated without postulating a conspiracy theory every other week. I still like Brad but he better reign it in a bit before he goes completely off the deep end.

I think the weirder ,the better . If he wants to hold seances in the infield and talk to dead relatives , that would be really colorful. Really , every time we get a nut case going , we all want to rein him in . Then , we complain that there aren't any nut cases any more .:rolleyes:

Sooooo....professional, articulate types who elevate the sport and their sponsors are bad but dummies who shoot off their mouths and bite the hands that feed them are good.

Seems about right. LOL

A race like today is good for the sport. It's the equivalent to the Baltimore Orioles or Chicago Cubs making the MLB Playoffs or the Arizona Cardinals going to the Super Bowl. Moments like today are great for NASCAR racing and it's a damn shame Brad Keselowski had to ruin it.

There were a lot of people who felt Keselowski was in the wrong and should've been stripped of his win in 2009 when he beat Goliath.

It is a shame that he took to Twitter to vent his rant. Paul Wolfe could have pleaded his case to the official assigned to his pit while they were trying to line up for the restart. If that didn't work then Keselowski and Paul Wolfe should have taken their argument to the NASCAR hauler after the event. Not saying that it would have made any difference in the outcome but he'd come off like less of an a$$. NASCAR's come down hard before on individuals questioning the officiating. I'd expect this to be no different.

Decent little read on some of Keselowski's post race Twitter comments can be found here.

It is a shame that he took to Twitter to vent his rant. Paul Wolfe could have pleaded his case to the official assigned to his pit while they were trying to line up for the restart. If that didn't work then Keselowski and Paul Wolfe should have taken their argument to the NASCAR hauler after the event. Not saying that it would have made any difference in the outcome but he'd come off like less of an a$$. NASCAR's come down hard before on individuals questioning the officiating. I'd expect this to be no different.

Decent little read on some of Keselowski's post race Twitter comments can be found here.

Kind of tough call on the trailor thing . If the drivers rant in private to Nascar ,it will be better for them and for Nascar , but we will never hear about it . Personally , I don't want to hear that there is fueding between Nascar and the drivers but not know why.

Keselowski should consider taking the high road instead of crying about the high line. Considering what's happening Tuesday, his timing may not be all that great either.

I, like a few other people, fully stand behind Brad speaking his mind. every other sport tries to control what their players say, and make sure that every interview is a plain, typical, orchestrated interview. NASCAR apparently is trying to follow suit, and the drivers like Tony, Joey, Brad, Newman, Kyle, etc are the few who speak their mind regardless. No reason to be fake. If he is interviewed and asked about it, he has every right to say what he thinks. As far as twitter goes, its social media. He can say what he feels there as well. And should.
I will never be a supporter of driver censorship

Missed the race because I was out fishing all day yesterday. Checked Brad's twitter after reading this thread, it appears Truex is defending Brad's complaint, so it seems he has at least one other person on his side.

Ill admit, if it was Tony or Jimmie or some other driver I dont particulary like id be mad at their complaining and tell them to suck it up, but since its my favorite driver doing the complaining ill allow it lol.

Gotta admit, wether you like a driver or not, once a driver goes on big rant and stirs the pot it creates a fun discussion for all of us during the week.

I think Brad is a really good driver but it's no secret that his whining and complaining and pointing fingers at others is beginning to get annoying to a lot of his fans. If he keeps complaining and thowing endless accuasations out there then he will lose all his credibility and people will just start ignoring him like most of us do when someone on of this forum complains every time they post.

Brad has a valid point...and he has a right to speak his mind. He can thank guys like Newman/Hamlin for paving the way. When a Sports Enterprise attempts to keep it's members personal opinions suppressed, somethings wrong....Remember those "Secret" NASCRAP fines a few years back...LOL...What a bunch of mommas-boys chicken****e business tactics

I don't mind drivers speaking their mind but Keselowski's rant seems entirely misdirected as, according to the Yahoo article:

"The controversy lasted until the backstretch where Keselowski was told by NASCAR to move low and effectively start ninth. When the field took the green flag one-half lap later, Speed was in the high line in eighth, Keselowski was in the low line in ninth and Ragan was behind Speed up high in 10th. That was different than the original scoring that had Ragan eighth, Speed ninth and Keselowski 10th."

I don't mind drivers speaking their mind but Keselowski's rant seems entirely misdirected as, according to the Yahoo article:

"The controversy lasted until the backstretch where Keselowski was told by NASCAR to move low and effectively start ninth. When the field took the green flag one-half lap later, Speed was in the high line in eighth, Keselowski was in the low line in ninth and Ragan was behind Speed up high in 10th. That was different than the original scoring that had Ragan eighth, Speed ninth and Keselowski 10th."
And this is why you keep your opinions to yourself until you know what really happened. It would've made more sense as DP said to go to the hauler after the race and have it explained. Now he looks like a fool.

Kind of tough call on the trailor thing . If the drivers rant in private to Nascar ,it will be better for them and for Nascar , but we will never hear about it . Personally , I don't want to hear that there is fueding between Nascar and the drivers but not know why.
If he wants to rant he ought to make sure he's right about it. Pretty soon he'll be NASCAR's boy who cried wolf.

Anybody got an in car of Brad or Truex just before the green flag for that last run? David did look like he was not sure he should even be in the race, was kinda weird. I am going to have to say that a lot of the problems of this year and late last year is the race control. They seem to be messing up so much more lately.
Not that I want injury or death, but should bring back some of the big boy rules, such as racing to the line on yellow, get rid of the faggy dog lap back thing, and the wave around, ugh talk about taking some great racing action away from us.

Anybody got an in car of Brad or Truex just before the green flag for that last run? David did look like he was not sure he should even be in the race, was kinda weird. I am going to have to say that a lot of the problems of this year and late last year is the race control. They seem to be messing up so much more lately.
Not that I want injury or death, but should bring back some of the big boy rules, such as racing to the line on yellow, get rid of the faggy dog lap back thing, and the wave around, ugh talk about taking some great racing action away from us.

The reason Ragan seemed to be out of place is because Kez was in his spot, per race control, and was refusing to move down to where he belonged. That left the 34 way outside in his very own lane.

Back
Top Bottom