But Rodney said the sealer was the problem?

After watching the video, I wonder who did not put the cap screws in?

FYI: It ain't a bolt till the nut is on it, until then, it is a cap screw.
The bolts would have to back out is the point and it is nearly impossible unless the nut fastener was tampered with for them to back out and allow the windshield to loosen up like it did.

if the window comes out a little it makes the wind go up and less goes to the rear spoiler.teams have been trying to step out the windshield forever.

The Felon had his cars wind tunneled to reconfigure the thermal dynamics and to quantumtize the effects on others cars while they were in the throes of yaw and after 500 laps Harvicks wipers were loose as a result.

Many times a driver will report that his entire car is loose during the race. If the whole car is loose, the wipers obviously will also be loose.

Childers was spotted talking to the Felon and Chadley before the race. It looked like Chadley was giving Rodney some tips.

I get them not appealing this because at the end of the day what is there really to gain?

So did Rodney modify the locking nuts then?

I get them not appealing this because at the end of the day what is there really to gain?

So did Rodney modify the locking nuts then?
The clip showed the great pains Nascar has gone to to insure the bolts couldn't unscrew themselves during the race.

The clip showed the great pains Nascar has gone to to insure the bolts couldn't unscrew themselves during the race.
It's also possible to get a batch of bad fasteners too. Unfortunately I've dealt with this numerous times in my job. Last week I had a superbolt fail at 80% torque spec.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

It's also possible to get a batch of bad fasteners too. Unfortunately I've dealt with this numerous times in my job. Last week I had a superbolt fail at 80% torque spec.....

One failure? This was all across the top of the windshield and Rodney didn't mention the fasteners, he said it was the wndshield sealer that failed that was the problem.

Thank God for Rodney though.....I'll take his lame lies/excuses over the Jeffy and Chadly "Don't Insult the Empire" **** fight bull**** every day of the week.

They would have appealed it if they were really innocent. IMO.
Innocent or not they had absolutely nothing to gain from appealing it. A second place in the record books doesn't do anything for anyone.

Innocent or not they had absolutely nothing to gain from appealing it. A second place in the record books doesn't do anything for anyone.

If they had a case for appeal, which they apparently didn't, they could of got rid of the hefty fine.

At least they didn’t try to tape it on after whatever they did to/with the fasteners.

The video clearly demonstrated that it isn’t possible to fully remove those bolts without the use of tools.

In other words, they didn’t vibrate loose and fall out on their own.

The video clearly demonstrated that it isn’t possible to fully remove those bolts without the use of tools.

In other words, they didn’t vibrate loose and fall out on their own.
The clip clearly demonstrates that, but you know how it is around here. When I found the clip I thought it was cool to show the hall of shame of the failed part. We have wanted that to happen for years like they used to do.

I give NASCAR 100% credit where it is due. This is EXACTLY the kind of demonstration we should get EVERY TIME when these issues crop up. WELL DONE! I will also say that I am really not sure what type of nut system was used in the old cars (never had a reason to look) but I DID used to randomly check the windshield bolts when I would inspect the silicone sealer around the windshield, and in four years of ARCA, I don't ever recall finding a loose one.

Yeah I'm gonna call BS on that, Try second place money over zero

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom