Cliff Daniels - "NASCAR knows we're here. And we know they know we're here. And they know we know they know we're here".

jaqua19

Team Owner

Cliff Daniels flat out telling the media he more or less called the Richmond race FROM the racetrack, and taunting NASCAR.

It feels like HMS is taunting NASCAR at this point and daring them to penalize them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Suspend him for the rest of the year and make the 5 team sit out a week. Tell Larson that if he has to find a new ride for Bristol or he won’t be eligible for the playoffs.

Cliff Daniels flat out telling the media he more or less called the Richmond race FROM the racetrack, and taunting NASCAR.

It feels like HMS is taunting NASCAR at this point and daring them to penalize them.

1680824665092.png

Jeffy, Chadly, and The Felon have poor Cliffy flexing now. Good god. No end to this.

Jeffy, Chadly, and The Felon have poor Cliffy flexing now. Good god. No end to this.
Take off the Toyota and HMS=Devil cap for a second and entertain this thought.

I'm never one for conspiracy, but what HMS is doing feels really aggressive. Why? I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the television contract.

I know this is incredibly unlikely, but it seems like most teams think NASCAR's negotiating in poor faith. Teams like HMS, the powerhouse, they know NASCAR isn't consistent with their penalties. What if they're sort of exploiting that, and trying to kill NASCAR's credibility as a product as some sort of negotiating tactic? With NASCAR not negotiating on good faith, what if this is a team owner trying to do the same thing.

Again, it's probably unlikely. In realistically it's probably just HMS trying to exploit the rule book for any early season competitive advantage. But the timing of all this in the intensity of all this is definitely making me scratch my head a bit

Much tado about nothing

However, there’s no prohibition against suspended members being in the grandstands, infields, motorcoach lots, sponsor suites, or a team’s hospitality suites. There’s also no prohibition against suspended members communicating directly with team members during an event from which they are banned.

HMS taunted NASCAR and earned themselves fresh sets of penalties.

Suspend him for the rest of the year and make the 5 team sit out a week. Tell Larson that if he has to find a new ride for Bristol or he won’t be eligible for the playoffs.
JRM #5 cup debut one race only. :owquitit: :owquitit: :owquitit: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

My favorite 2 drivers in my lifetime may have driven/drive for HMS, but damn if they aren't being completely obnoxious.

As an Earnhardt fan in the 90s though, I feel completely vindicated for thinking that Jeff Gordon and HMS were whiny crybabies in the 90s.

Now if only Dale Jr. didn't join them in the late 2000s so my hating of HMS could've been continuous.

Take off the Toyota and HMS=Devil cap for a second and entertain this thought.

I'm never one for conspiracy, but what HMS is doing feels really aggressive. Why? I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the television contract.

I know this is incredibly unlikely, but it seems like most teams think NASCAR's negotiating in poor faith. Teams like HMS, the powerhouse, they know NASCAR isn't consistent with their penalties. What if they're sort of exploiting that, and trying to kill NASCAR's credibility as a product as some sort of negotiating tactic? With NASCAR not negotiating on good faith, what if this is a team owner trying to do the same thing.

Again, it's probably unlikely. In realistically it's probably just HMS trying to exploit the rule book for any early season competitive advantage. But the timing of all this in the intensity of all this is definitely making me scratch my head a bit

It's as likely as the Felon trying to pay off Honda executives for preferred allotments. He plays dirty, yet many revere him with the stupid "Mr. H" stuff. WTF is he...and kindergarten teacher? Let's hope not. He'd take juice boxes for artificially inflated grades....

Same. Cant figure out the end game here with all this.

Read around online. NASCAR fans are apt to buy into any anti-NASCAR conspiracy theory. These people want to find a reason to hate NASCAR. HMS is trying to gain fan support from those same people by being anti-NASCAR. It's the same reason Denny Hamlin got a podcast.

Read around online. NASCAR fans are apt to buy into any anti-NASCAR conspiracy theory. These people want to find a reason to hate NASCAR. HMS is trying to gain fan support from those same people by being anti-NASCAR. It's the same reason Denny Hamlin got a podcast.

I don’t agree. The Gen7 is a flawed car and everyone knows it.

I don’t agree. The Gen7 is a flawed car and everyone knows it.

There's a massive difference between "flawed car" and the hysterics we saw last year. People were convinced that the Gen 7 was a death trap and that NASCAR deliberately avoided improving the "flawed car." People were also attacking the Gen 7 from the moment it rolled on track at The Clash. When Reddick had his tech issue, people attacked NASCAR for pushing out a "broken car." The toxicity of NASCAR fans last year was unbearable and this year hasn't been much better. People were using Ty Gibbs's in-car fire at the Clash to attack NASCAR for the Gen 7 being "unsafe" when it later came out that JGR had made the modification that led to the fire.

The Gen 6 is probably the car that performed the best at launch. The COT and Gen 7 launched with bugs that needed to be worked out. The Gen 4 was constantly being tweaked based on which manufacturer complained the loudest that week. You can admit that NASCAR needs a better R&D department without exaggerating the very real problems that NASCAR has. There's a huge segment of NASCAR fans that take it to the extreme.

There's a massive difference between "flawed car" and the hysterics we saw last year. People were convinced that the Gen 7 was a death trap and that NASCAR deliberately avoided improving the "flawed car." People were also attacking the Gen 7 from the moment it rolled on track at The Clash. When Reddick had his tech issue, people attacked NASCAR for pushing out a "broken car." The toxicity of NASCAR fans last year was unbearable and this year hasn't been much better. People were using Ty Gibbs's in-car fire at the Clash to attack NASCAR for the Gen 7 being "unsafe" when it later came out that JGR had made the modification that led to the fire.

The Gen 6 is probably the car that performed the best at launch. The COT and Gen 7 launched with bugs that needed to be worked out. The Gen 4 was constantly being tweaked based on which manufacturer complained the loudest that week. You can admit that NASCAR needs a better R&D department without exaggerating the very real problems that NASCAR has. There's a huge segment of NASCAR fans that take it to the extreme.

I agree with a lot of your points, I’m not gonna break down every thing you said, but the lack of a crumple zone with the car is a bit of an issue to me.

Hell, I'm enjoying this year with all the people speaking their minds for once. How many years did we hear about vanilla people in Nascar. I hope they kick it up a notch more!

Reactions: sdj
Much tado about nothing

However, there’s no prohibition against suspended members being in the grandstands, infields, motorcoach lots, sponsor suites, or a team’s hospitality suites. There’s also no prohibition against suspended members communicating directly with team members during an event from which they are banned.

^This ^ ,what he said right here.

If Nascar doesn't like it change the rules or do something to prevent the common practice.

Just bring the suspended CC to the Track and have them sit with a NASCAR official in a Penalty Box. They can watch the race and have Pizza. Problem solved, but in reality you wont see a drop off in performance, unless they unload and have totally missed the setup.

It really is a teethless penalty. Didn’t Larson thank Cliff for a fast car in his on track post race interview? Lol

Just bring the suspended CC to the Track and have them sit with a NASCAR official in a Penalty Box. They can watch the race and have Pizza. Problem solved, but in reality you wont see a drop off in performance, unless they unload and have totally missed the setup.
I agree for the most part, and something more should be done to ensure that the spirit or intent of the penalty is honored.

Not thinking of this case in particular and maybe I am nitpicking. But wouldn't it be possible for there to be some type performance fall off? Especially with a younger driver or one who needs a calming voice. Skills are skills and the bigger or better the team the more the resources as a general rule. But I do believe chemistry is crucial and that it usually doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. Sometimes you can have two people that are great at what they do but those same two people just don't click or work together as well.

Much tado about nothing

It's nothing. But it's incredibly dramatic given the current circumstances

It's nothing. But it's incredibly dramatic given the current circumstances

I have no idea what you are talking about. Since the beginning when crew chiefs were penalized and removed from being on the box, they have found ways to communicate. It isn't even close to being new or "dynamic".

Suspended crew members have to come to the R&D center while the garage is open. Light refreshments will be provided; BYOB; no electronics, please.

Suspended crew members have to come to the R&D center while the garage is open. Light refreshments will be provided; BYOB; no electronics, please.
These are independent contractors, not employees, another good reason they should unionize to make that clear.

These are independent contractors, not employees, another good reason they should unionize to make that clear.
They are NASCAR licensed, doesnt matter who they work for or dont work for. Like Charlie or I said, Bring them to the track or R&D center

I have no idea what you are talking about. Since the beginning when crew chiefs were penalized and removed from being on the box, they have found ways to communicate. It isn't even close to being new or "dynamic".
I said "dramatic" not "dynamic". It's great entertainment for NASCAR fans. The HMS fiasco is full force, and Cliff Daniel's interview is adding to it.

I’m not sure what that has to do with it. It’s a penalty like any other currently imposed. If NASCAR can call a crew chief to the hauler, they can call him to R&D

I said "dramatic" not "dynamic". It's great entertainment for NASCAR fans. The HMS fiasco is full force, and Cliff Daniel's interview is adding to it.

Early morning it was before coffee lol. No wonder I didn't understand it. Yeah I agree.

I’m not sure what that has to do with it. It’s a penalty like any other currently imposed. If NASCAR can call a crew chief to the hauler, they can call him to R&D
Or they can't which they didn't or haven't because it is a moot point. In other words he isn't that important. You should remember the gerbils showing RCR's room of guys staring at monitors who were the nerve center, bull pen, whatever you call it that were calling the shots at the track. The clowns took up half the race showing that. Burton was drooling.

It's symbolic. Moot. Why do you think Nascar was crying about losing points. That's all that really matters to the large teams. That is where the money is. The fine is buffered, it goes to charity it's a write off.

It's symbolic. Moot. Why do you think Nascar was crying about losing points. That's all that really matters to the large teams. That is where the money is. The fine is buffered, it goes to charity it's a write off.
Okay, what’s your solution?

Back
Top Bottom