Coke 600 Will Feature 4 Segments

AdoubleU24

Team Owner
What a joke. LOL "make a few more momemts."

The annual 600-mile race, scheduled May 28 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, will feature four stages. Breaks are scheduled at Lap 100, Lap 200 and Lap 300, with the final stage set to end at the full 400-lap distance. The previous format for this year’s 600 — announced in February along with stage lengths for all other 2017 national series events — called for intermissions at Lap 115 and 230.

“You look at the way Charlotte was laid out and the length of the race, it was just sort of a natural to add another one to break it up a little further and make a few more moments,” Miller told NASCAR.com. “When you make stages in the race, there’s a lot of things that go into the decisions about how they lay out. One of the primary concerns is fuel mileage and how far they can go on fuel. We don’t want to end up with a stage break right on top of what would be a fuel window where it could get a little messy with that situation. The natural places for the 600 was four 100-lap segments.”

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/05/15/charlotte-coca-cola-600-to-be-run-with-four-stages/

The crowd that thinks NASCAR can do no wrong rejoices.

Meanwhile, nobody cares.

I guess it was asking too much of them to sit down and do some actual math to re-work the percentages of how to break this thing down into 3 stages like the other races. It could have been done.

This race hasn't been an endurance race for the cars in a long time, now it's hardly one for the drivers.

Does it really matter? Really?

The segment breaks are like 10 minutes long. That's 40+ minutes of cars coasting around the track, plus another 40 minutes of debris cautions. NASCAR keeps encroaching upon any purity they once had. It's putting me to sleep.

I'll take a sleeping bag to the race and curl up for an hour or two in a corner somewhere. That's going to be a long night. :D

Changing the rules on the fly and 2 weeks before. Oh well, still won't ruin my enjoyment of the race, Coca Cola 600 is one of my favorites.

This is what I have a problem with. Proof that they try and manufacture drama. Yes if you bunch the cars up more and add more pit road action there is an increased chance for sh*t to hit the fan, we get it, but I for one hate that we measure the outcome of these things this way.

“You look at the way Charlotte was laid out and the length of the race, it was just sort of a natural to add another one to break it up a little further and make a few more moments,”

I'm wondering by the time TV renegotiation comes around, will we be watching a commercial of a Nascar going around the track.

I'm liking the segments and for the 600 and an extra segment is no big deal for that race.

But I don't think they should throw a caution after every segment. The segments have turned into commercial time outs like football. I'd prefer the teams make their strategy on the fly based on the turn of events during the race. When the teams know when a time out is coming they'll all start to follow the same strategy.

This is what I have a problem with. Proof that they try and manufacture drama. Yes if you bunch the cars up more and add more pit road action there is an increased chance for sh*t to hit the fan, we get it, but I for one hate that we measure the outcome of these things this way.

“You look at the way Charlotte was laid out and the length of the race, it was just sort of a natural to add another one to break it up a little further and make a few more moments,”
tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif

I guess nobody likes long green flag runs anymore. Brian has trained you well. :rolleyes:
“You look at the way Charlotte was laid out and the length of the race, it was just sort of a natural to add another one to break it up a little further and make a few more moments,” Miller told NASCAR.com.

Why not 5 or 7 segments every race? This is getting ridiculous and this past weekend's race was the first I haven't watched in years. This search for artificial "moments" is getting tired and I am starting to lose interest. I have tickets for Dover and I am considering not even attending. Sadly, NASCAR is really circling the drain. How are the attendance figures and TV ratings faring after all the changes to promote excitement?

Hey Brian France, Fox and NBC: Johnny Cash in my avatar has a simple message for you and it's not that you're number one.

The segment breaks are like 10 minutes long. That's 40+ minutes of cars coasting around the track, plus another 40 minutes of debris cautions. NASCAR keeps encroaching upon any purity they once had. It's putting me to sleep.

Nascar ceased being a sport many years ago so these things are to be expected. The forced stoppages will kill a lot of green flag laps and likely keep more cars on the lead lap that would normally be in arrears.

If the Coca-Cola 600 is as riveting as its been the last few years, the four stages will be the one where I mow the grass, the one where I grill some hamburgers, the one where I read a magazine, and the one where I fall asleep.

Thank goodness for the Indy 500 ............ they start the race and the guy that is leading at the end wins :headbang: It was exciting when I was 5 years old and it still is ........ I remember listening to the 500 on my little transistor radio when I couldn't see it on tv

“You look at the way Charlotte was laid out and the length of the race, it was just sort of a natural to add another one to break it up a little further and make a few more moments,” Miller told NASCAR.com.

Why not 5 or 7 segments every race? This is getting ridiculous and this past weekend's race was the first I haven't watched in years. This search for artificial "moments" is getting tired and I am starting to lose interest. I have tickets for Dover and I am considering not even attending. Sadly, NASCAR is really circling the drain. How are the attendance figures and TV ratings faring after all the changes to promote excitement?

Hey Brian France, Fox and NBC: Johnny Cash in my avatar has a simple message for you and it's not that you're number one.

I have missed 2 out of the last 3 races and IDK if they are racing this weekend but if they are and it is an All Star race I will definitely be giving it the Texas turndown aka the El Paso aka I ain't watching it.

I knew they couldn't go the whole season without tweaking the system, and this won't be the last. Obvious from the beginning they're hip shooting this whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom