Congrats Ryan

That win was more than Unbelievable. They clearly stated that they would need 14 caution laps to make it, as well as saving. Obviously Ryan couldnt have saved any fuel when battling with Mayfield, and there were only 7 caution laps. SO Ryan still has enough for a full fledged burn out, and enough for a victory lap and to get to victory lane. IMO, this seems a little fishy.

Yeah, but that's some good fuel mileage on Penske Racing's part. I thought Mayfield was going to get him cuz Mayfield had fresher tires. Congrats to Ryan Newman, 8th win of his Winston Cup Career.

Theres gotta be something illegal about that car. Just doesn't make any sense.

I am with you Awesome Bill, I am not buying the whole 14 laps short deal. Congrats to Ryan and the 12 Team.

Spose they got the fuel line wrapped around the car a few times?

Still, holding off Germy was no easy task.

I know, for someone to go 106 laps without pitting, now what's the normal fuel strategy for Dover, about 70-80 laps? For someone to not pit, run 106 laps, still have enough fuel for a burnout and to get to victory lane, it just seems iffy to me even if caution laps come out and you conserve fuel. Running 106 laps on one batch of fuel, I cant really find the words to describe that but otherwise, unless anything arises up Ryan Newman did a good job holding Mayfield at bay and conserving fuel.

Great job for him. Just dont feel like it was a good race, well really abuot Jr.

But good job for him....hope they did nothing wrong.

Ya know, I was watching Newman really haul off those corners, without any wheelspin. Now simply speculating, Traction control can do a great job of saving fuel, and with a simple flick of a switch it could be turned off for a burnout...just an idea....

:) Great job Ryan! You know you're really good when you have people accusing you of cheating like they did when Gordon was winning all those races.

Did anyone else notice in Ryan say he hadn't had a drink since the middle of the race? That's because they filled his water bottle with fuel!

AHA! The 106 lap mystery is solved.

Seriously, "good job" even though I was rooting for Jeremy to get around him! Those 5-8 laps were great!

Originally posted by Splunge@Sep 21 2003, 04:49 PM
Did anyone else notice in Ryan say he hadn't had a drink since the middle of the race? That's because they filled his water bottle with fuel!

AHA! The 106 lap mystery is solved.

HAHA....that was funny. I remember when they accused Gordon of cheating, I was a fan then. :p

Naturally when a driver starts winning so much people are going to accuse the teams tactics.

But I dont know how he could have saved fuel while fighting off a hard driving Mayfield, who would feel like "chit" if he won by fuel mileage lol.

7 poles 7 victories, dude is fast.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Sep 21 2003, 06:04 PM
7 poles 7 victories, dude is fast.
dude is fast, dude is cheating...... :p nah I dont know and no one does. But if he is (uh oh), that would suck.

As far as everyone thinking there is something "fishy" about Ryans fuel milage here a few things to think about.

1. Kenseth went the same distance as Ryan did on his tank

2. When Matt Borland says they're going to be 15 laps short do you really think he's telling the truth?? There's no way Ryan or the crew is doing anything "illegal".

Back
Top Bottom