Cup RACE thread --- Chicago Street Course

There's definitely going to be a learning curve on ovals. The Supercars are similar enough to Cup cars that he should pick up the basic mechanics pretty quickly but there are some nuances to oval racing that he might need time to pick up. I think short tracks will be easiest to pick up but racing on an oval larger than mile might take a season to get used to.
I don’t think you ever fully catch up to elite guys who’ve run ovals the majority of their life. Especially high-speed ovals. But the schedule now is also quite a bit different than it was 10-15 years ago so it wouldn’t hurt him as much. Same with regard to the playoff format. A guy who can run 15th on ovals and be very good on road courses would be worth a lot for the foreseeable future. It only takes one race to make a season for some of the smaller teams.

I think the most important thing he taught the cup drivers was how to use their new transaxle properly. He used the clutch which took the wheel hop out when braking/downshifting so he could go deeper into the corners.
This is why I come here. I mean this. Tremendous analysis.

Boo Who
After Gilbert and co-owner Javier Ramirez announced on social media on Friday that Exile in Bookville would be closed for the next four days and why, the store’s supporters rallied. Local authors like Rebecca Makkai and Daniel Kraus urged their fans to shop online at Exile. “We got more online orders on those four days than we’ve gotten in the last two years,” Ramirez said Wednesday morning. Of the 150 online orders processed by Wednesday morning, there were several from other booksellers around the country, ranging from Emily Russo and Josh Christie of Print in Portland, Me. to Spencer Ruchti of Third Place Books in Seattle.

“We were blown away by the reaction to our social media post,” Gilbert said, “We did not expect it.” Ramirez added, “Customers new and old gave us support; that nearly brought us to tears starting Friday afternoon and continuing through this morning.”

How would you know. Who made the decision to close their doors Perry?
I wouldn't know. From this quote, no else would either. The quote doesn't include a comparison between the four days of boosted online orders and the business done during normal operations.

I wouldn't know. From this quote, no else would either. The quote doesn't include a comparison between the four days of boosted online orders and the business done during normal operations.
1688667107333.png

Boo Who
After Gilbert and co-owner Javier Ramirez announced on social media on Friday that Exile in Bookville would be closed for the next four days and why, the store’s supporters rallied. Local authors like Rebecca Makkai and Daniel Kraus urged their fans to shop online at Exile. “We got more online orders on those four days than we’ve gotten in the last two years,” Ramirez said Wednesday morning. Of the 150 online orders processed by Wednesday morning, there were several from other booksellers around the country, ranging from Emily Russo and Josh Christie of Print in Portland, Me. to Spencer Ruchti of Third Place Books in Seattle.

“We were blown away by the reaction to our social media post,” Gilbert said, “We did not expect it.” Ramirez added, “Customers new and old gave us support; that nearly brought us to tears starting Friday afternoon and continuing through this morning.”
Save trees. All books should be digital. Close libraries. Book stores make no sense co-existing with libraries so close them too.

Great idea for the fall. In most of the country, planting trees in the summer will require a lot of water if they're going to survive.

I’m not the older generation but the educational system in general could do a better job of planting trees.

Save trees. All books should be digital. Close libraries. Book stores make no sense co-existing with libraries so close them too.
I’m something of an environmentalist and I disagree with this. Strongly.

Seeing what WB Discovery is doing with content purges, combined with conservative states wanting to ban books, makes it clear we need physical copies of books and movies now more than ever. If a state wants to ban a book and everything is digital, well, it’s banned. It’s removed from your Kindle. Gone. Poof. But the Gestapo can’t take my physical copies of Lord of the Flies.

Seriously, you can buy a digital copy of a movie and the studio can just purge it and remove it from all your devices to get a tax write-off. WBD is doing just that.

I’m something of an environmentalist and I disagree with this. Strongly.

Seeing what WB Discovery is doing with content purges, combined with conservative states wanting to ban books, makes it clear we need physical copies of books and movies now more than ever. If a state wants to ban a book and everything is digital, well, it’s banned. It’s removed from your Kindle. Gone. Poof. But the Gestapo can’t take my physical copies of Lord of the Flies.

Seriously, you can buy a digital copy of a movie and the studio can just purge it and remove it from all your devices to get a tax write-off. WBD is doing just that.

Not to mention the THOUSANDS of old books and papers that aren't digitized. If you get rid of libraries, where does that stuff go? There are a lot of obscure stuff that just isn't worth the effort of digitizing. You're literally limiting access to knowledge at that point.

Not to mention the THOUSANDS of old books and papers that aren't digitized. If you get rid of libraries, where does that stuff go? There are a lot of obscure stuff that just isn't worth the effort of digitizing. You're literally limiting access to knowledge at that point.
I actually get a lot of books at antique shops. So much stuff you can’t get in bookstores.

Books are made from trees grown for that purpose, and replacements are planted as part of the farming. Loss for agricultural expansion for food crops is a much greater threat to forests.

Digital works very well for linear content like novels. It doesn't work as well for references where the reader may want to skip back and forth or compare multiple pages.

Books are made from trees grown for that purpose, and replacements are planted as part of the farming. Loss for agricultural expansion for food crops is a much greater threat to forests.

Digital works very well for linear content like novels. It doesn't work as well for references where the reader may want to skip back and forth or compare multiple pages.
I’m more of a digital user. Even for reading. But nothing beats turning the page of a book.

Fun story: when the county was on a failed mission to ban books, they went far enough to get all the copies removed from school libraries before they lost.

My stepdad replaced all the copies of several books in my high school library.

I still love a book. The digital image isn’t the same.
I grew up reading books. I’m on the spectrum and I love anything that interests me. I read online because I don’t always have access to tangible sequential information. Information is just more accessible online. But I love books; the pages, the smell, the feeling…

I don't have to plug a book in or recharge it. It's very easy to share one with family and friends. Authors can't autograph an electronic book.

Back
Top Bottom