Cup RACE thread --- Daytona

I veey much missed the part of the race that Truex dominated.

So you missed the part where he came back from 19th by himself to get back in the lead. Okay.

I know Truex isn't popular around here (and I wouldn't call myself a fan either).

Just not a fan of the overtime system, as it's geared more to who happens to be luckiest at the right time, and not who ran the best race.

So you missed the part where he came back from 19th by himself to get back in the lead. Okay.
But thats not dominating, I suggest you look up the definition on what domination means

My point exactly. Drivers shouldn't need help, and shouldn't count on it. Dinger's only obligation was to try to improve his own position.

Two options.....a guaranteed 3rd, or a shot at a top 2 with 4th place being the worst case?

I'll take the latter every time.

Always good to see a first time winner, there should be plenty of spare parts for the lower level teams to pick from after the race too.

Always good to see a first time winner, there should be plenty of spare parts for the lower level teams to pick from after the race too.
Scratch and dent sale

Different players in the finishing order this week.

upload_2018-7-7_22-32-59.png

Uh its been going on since 1988.

Not at this level. But the big one has basically been part of the deal since the start. 1990 had a HUGE crash when Petty, Sacks and Cope wrecked in front of the entire field on lap 2. 1989 had a pretty big wreck too towards the end of the race.

Just got back to hotel from track. I hate to say it...but I was bored. This type of racing live, I dunno wasn’t for me, but maybe it’s because I was a bit under the weather. A couple of things: 1.) from where I was sitting looks like the 17 caused both big ones, he was taking no prisoners tonight. 2.) More boos than cheers for KDB in pre race intro, it cracked me up when he got wrecked as he got a lot of cheers then. I hope had a salty interview on TV, it sounded like he was salty on the track interview/MRN. 3.) it was absolute thunderous when JJ took the lead, I was pretty shocked. I think everyone likes him due to the fact he’s one of the last old guard left. Pretty cool in fact I myself was cheering for him after Chase wrecked out. 4.) Daytona is an amazing place, If you’re a fan of the sport you really need to make it out there. A truly top notch facility, they knocked it out of the park

Nice seeing new blood win....but was that a race or a demolition derby? I didn't think they'd make it back to the white the second time.

Back
Top Bottom