Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

What would you do if you were at a sporting event, and ended up on the jumbo tron?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I decided long ago I'd continue watching whatever I came to see. I've never understood the appeal of having one's image transmitted electronically. This isn't 1960 and I'm not in the Peanut Gallery hoping Mom sees me on the television. I'm certainly not going out of my way to keep my mug positioned behind someone being interviewed.

That clock is a pretty cool trophy to get
True story. My step father was editor of the local paper and knew a lot of people in racing. He loved Martinsville and always admired that clock. The track owner put him in touch with the builder and he bought an exact clock just like the trophy one (this is back in the 70’s). Mom and he divorced, Mom kept the clock. After she passed my sister got the clock. Sis passed last year, and not sure where it is (likely with my niece back in NC). Needed regular adjustment but it is beautiful.

So run the guy over?
The kid in the 54 is gonna drive past Joey in stats. Joey is gonna be around to watch it happen.

Bahahaha

I don’t like Joey
I dislike Ty more
Joey is a 2x champion. One of only 2 in the field right now. Ty might win some races and may be a future champion but he ain’t gonna “drive” by him like he’s on a Sunday cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bahahaha

I don’t like Joey
I dislike Ty more
Joey is a 2x champion. One of only 2 in the field right now. Ty might win some races and may be a future champion but he ain’t gonna “drive” by him like he’s on a Sunday cruise

It’s ok to disagree.

Blaney is a super cool driver but after reading todays thread for the first time ever I am glad the eye candy thread is gone.
At least for today.

Im 31 and I've rocked a beard since I was 21, and could probably grow one since I was 18.

I can't possibly imagine not being able to grow a beard. I feel for you my friend.

I'm 32. Hahahaha

I think the new tire and the warmer temps threw some teams off is my guess, the 23 XI teams were way off. The way it is set up, teams can't reset up the car if they show up crappy. It's 20 minutes of practice and then time to qualify. It's a brutal Cup series, really hard on rookies to get a grip.

1698625735749.gif

If nothing else, it will give Hamlin something to talk about on his podcast along with his whine about who kept him from winning the race. Gossage is an easy target.

Bahahaha

I don’t like Joey
I dislike Ty more

Thinking back and considering it was Joey, he may have realized it was Ty and just having some fun “welcoming” him to the series by knocking him around a bit while he had the chance at a short track with neither of them having anything to lose, and in a race where literally everyone was bumping etc.

That totally sounds like something be would do from some of his interviews etc.

Thinking back and considering it was Joey, he may have realized it was Ty and just having some fun “welcoming” him to the series by knocking him around a bit while he had the chance at a short track with neither of them having anything to lose, and in a race where literally everyone was bumping etc.

That totally sounds like something be would do from some of his interviews etc.
The cameras can't be everywhere. Young Gibbs could have rubbed on Logano earlier at some point....and we all know what happens when they do that. I'm hoping somebody asks Logano what the deal was to hear his answer...because that wasn't an accident by any means. Hocevar hooked Gibbs also. He's making friends everywhere.

“we’re short, right?” -Elliott
“Yeah, we’re short, but there’s no way in hell this thing goes green til the end.” -Gustafson

Well, luckily, you already know what I would say. So I won't say it. Lol

Ty definitely cleared himself a lot, but supposedly there was another incident where Joey fenced him at Chicago before all of this.
Your idea of clear and mine are different. The following car doesn't have to slam on their brakes with a clean pass and that was evident more than once in those clips. The other stuff in there would be interpreted by Ty fans as good ol hard racing of course. Squeezing the other car into the fence, cutting off the following car. When the time was right, Logano got his.

Your idea of clear and mine are different. The following car doesn't have to slam on their brakes with a clean pass and that was evident more than once in those clips. The other stuff in there would be interpreted by Ty fans as good ol hard racing of course. Squeezing the other car into the fence, cutting off the following car. When the time was right, Logano got his.
That’s what I mean, Ty cleared himself when he really wasn’t, and Joey had to cut him some major slack. But those weren’t even the first instances they had reportedly gotten together.

It shows to me that Ty hasn't changed much. His fans will call it aggressive, but he isn't making many friends in the cup series if he drives like this with everybody.

Back
Top Bottom