Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

I didn't , but how did you not see that?
Because I didn’t watch race until third stage. I had scanner on my phone as I watched football and played Xbox. 🤷‍♂️ I thought he was weaving and caused wreck at end. I commented too quickly. Saw replay. Reversed course because it was LaJoie instead. Plus he absolutely sucks in Xfinity and is only there because of daddy’s $$$. Ergo, I said he didn’t belong in Cup. I still believe that, but I did acknowledge screwing up in initially blaming wreck on him.

Hendrick has too many hungry young drivers who thinks teamwork is nonsense.

Larson is by far the most mature driver in the stable. But I also don’t blame Byron for trying to screw Larson for example. He’s a direct threat.

This is probably the least cohesive Hendrick team I've ever seen. Mr. H needs to do something to get these guys working together.

Ah yes, the owner's points, something no one cares about besides the owners. But I guess Chase gotta have some reason to keep racing this season.

This is probably the least cohesive Hendrick team I've ever seen. Mr. H needs to do something to get these guys working together.

Hey hey now, we don't take too kindly to team orders around these parts.

I don't get the impression that they dislike each other.

But they don't go out of their ways to help each other. There were multiple instances where they had control of the race. The 9/5 stuck together like glue, and Alex tried when he was in the mix with them.

Idk what Byron was doing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

For all of the talk about Chase supposedly having a down year, he’s actually been looking really good when he’s been on track. He probably has one of the best average finishes, and maybe most top tens (percentage-wise) out of races entered. Even in the ones he didn’t land a finish up there, he’s been close. It strikes me more as a case of what could’ve been than anything else. That team still being in the playoffs by some metric shows it.

For all of the talk about Chase supposedly having a down year, he’s actually been looking really good when he’s been on track. He probably has one of the best average finishes, and maybe most top tens (percentage-wise) out of races entered. Even in the ones he didn’t land a finish up there, he’s been close. It strikes me more as a case of what could’ve been than anything else. That team still being in the playoffs by some metric shows it.
Mreh, he’s had chances this year and hasn’t capitalized on them. It’s been a really, really down year. It doesn’t feel like they can win at all. Even in the initial 100 races winless of his career, it still felt like they were a threat. This year they’re an afterthought. Before I get jumped again, I’ll state that this is MY opinion.

Doesn't surprise me, NASCAR established a long time ago that they're not messing around with teams "innovating" the NextGen car.

You know that if the 9 wins the owners title, there will be a contingent of Chase fans who call him the "real champion."

And I will rightfully laugh in their faces and then ignore anything else they have to say.

I don't get the impression that they dislike each other.

But they don't go out of their ways to help each other. There were multiple instances where they had control of the race. The 9/5 stuck together like glue, and Alex tried when he was in the mix with them.

Idk what Byron was doing.

He was moving forward. That's what he gets paid to do. Also he was helping his future brother in-law

Happens every time. Somebody that doesn't know that when it is 5 laps or less, all bets are off when they can smell the finish line and the pay window is wide open.
None of the incidents im referring to happened with 5 laps or left. First stage, second stage, then 3rd stage with 20 to go. Byron broke HMS' control of the race in each those.

He did again in the third stage.

Doesn't surprise me, NASCAR established a long time ago that they're not messing around with teams "innovating" the NextGen car.

And I will rightfully laugh in their faces and then ignore anything else they have to say.
I will NOT be in that contingent. But I’m sure they’ll make a few hundred grand selling the godawful merch. 🤣

None of the incidents im referring to happened with 5 laps or left. First stage, second stage, then 3rd stage with 20 to go. Byron broke HMS' control of the race in each those.

He did again in the third stage.

Same guy that went on and on about Larson being eliminated from the playoffs last week. So now it is drivers that don't sing cum by yah together. Whatever.

I didnt know wipers or a rain package was a part of the car specs for a superspeedway.

Reactions: Pat
Ah yes, the owner's points, something no one cares about besides the owners. But I guess Chase gotta have some reason to keep racing this season.
He was bummed last year after Martinsville when they only qualified for the final 4 on the drivers side. The drivers do care about it, but go off cause it's Chase.

People wanna bitch and complain that he seems unmotivated and doesn't wanna be out there, seems pretty driven to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

He was bummed last year after Martinsville when they only qualified for the final 4 on the drivers side. The drivers do care about it, but go off cause it's Chase.

People wanna bitch and complain that he seems unmotivated and doesn't wanna be out there, seems pretty driven to me
He seems more chilled after missing the playoffs this year.

Dude probably was putting some extra pressure on himself to win. Monkey is off the back. Season is "done"

Seems like a reset. Build some momentum,.confidence and carry it into next year.

HMS has been the top dog since 2020, so, he should be feeling good.

People wanna bitch and complain that he seems unmotivated and doesn't wanna be out there, seems pretty driven to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not bitching or complaining, but the "owner's champion" isn't the championship everyone is talking about nor is it the championship NASCAR is posting on their website.

So ok, Chase is trying to get the best results for Mr. Hendrick, who the **** cares? 🤷‍♂️

I'm not bitching or complaining, but the "owner's champion" isn't the championship everyone is talking about nor is it the championship NASCAR is posting on their website.

So ok, Chase is trying to get the best results for Mr. Hendrick, who the **** cares? 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for posting it in the first place lol. Oh well, so it goes.

Who is talking about it and claiming it means anything?

He cares, which is why he posted about it, and I'm sure Mr H and the rest of the company cares. Not hard to understand.

There were plenty of people talking about the possibility of Chase winning the drivers and Larson winning the owners last year, didn't see any fussing. Nobody said the fans have to care, but it's clearly an important thing to these guys.

Who is talking about it and claiming it means anything?

He cares, which is why he posted about it, and I'm sure Mr H and the rest of the company cares. Not hard to understand.

There were plenty of people talking about the possibility of Chase winning the drivers and Larson winning the owners last year, didn't see any fussing. Nobody said the fans have to care, but it's clearly an important thing to these guys.
There’s a lot of money at stake.

We shall see.

But Rick winning 3 titles in 4 years with 3 drivers, all under 30?

That would be unprecidented and I don't buy it.

Hey he’s the guy who discovered Jeff Gordon. Older and wiser now.

I think the big hats are a great start. Let's all look stupid as a way of bonding. Mission accomplished.
I say hell with speed limits too. Duck the pits. Let’s work together.

How does Chastain crash out, miss 150 laps and still beat Busch in points? I’m sure it makes sense somehow. I’m trying to figure it out. This points system is a mathematical nightmare. RC was ahead of KB by X points before today and even though KB finished the race and RC did not, KB didn’t cover the spread btwn them. Is that about right?
And
what advantages does a loose windshield give anyone?
I feel like if Harvick would have won, NASCAR wouldn’t have DQ’d him. Maybe that was the deal, win you’re good, lose we burn you. Maximum dramaTV either way. Eh, a conspiracy for another day.

The burnout is a fad that can die any time as far as I care.
IMG_0813.jpeg

I can see for a big win or title but when you become a winner at this level it becomes “look at me”. Plus, the above. I guess this piece won’t be used again this year so why not is the thinking?
But yeah I’m with you…

I love that quote from Dale
Jeff Burton said something similar back in the day when he could still when and they asked him why he didn't do burnouts. I paraphrase, but it was very close to "the guys worked like hell all week to build that engine to win. Why the hell would I ruin it or blow it up after winning?"

The HMS accounting department. The driver's championship is the one we all care about and rightfully so, but the owner's championship is the one that NASCAR pays out on and it's very, very important. Or so I heard one morning on the way into work skimming channels and heard some of the Late Shift with Todd Gordon(?)

Back
Top Bottom