Darlington Bonehead

Nope, Bowman carries all the blame on this one.
Bowman did not control the gas pedal or the brake pedal in the 99 car. Suarez could have lifted but chose not to. The next time you have someone on the freeway cut you off, run into them and see how that works out for you when the police arrive and put you at blame. Bowman did a stupid azz move but Suarez cause the wreck.

Bowman did not control the gas pedal or the brake pedal in the 99 car. Suarez could have lifted but chose not to. The next time you have someone on the freeway cut you off, run into them and see how that works out for you when the police arrive and put you at blame. Bowman did a stupid azz move but Suarez cause the wreck.

Nope, All on Bowman. They are racing, not going to the jiffy mart for beer or on the 405 in LA.. They have spotters and Bowman had a gas pedal and steering wheel as well. Bowman was in the wrong from the git go. This whole issue is Bowmans fault.

Furthermore, I like the way you defend your driver, all good.

Nope, All on Bowman. They are racing, not going to the jiffy mart for beer or on the 405 in LA.. They have spotters and Bowman had a gas pedal and steering wheel as well. Bowman was in the wrong from the git go. This whole issue is Bowmans fault.

Furthermore, I like the way you defend your driver, all good.
I would have the same view no matter who was driving. Suarez didn't have to wreck them. Obviously, Bowman didn't want to wreck anyone... he just wanted to show Suarez he was fed up with his bull sheet. If Bowman wanted to wreck Suarez, he would have let him pass and then put a bumper to him. You and I will just not be on the same page on this one. :)

All of you might be surprised when I say this, but the bonehead of the race was Tyler Redd*ck.

Redd*ck knew when he saw The Bull, Kevin Harvick! pull into pit road that he was beaten. Being the dirty driver that he is, he decided to throw a tantrum and brake check an old timer in Ryan Newman who was just out there to have some fun. Not only did Tyler Redd*ck cause the future Hall of Famer to spin around (because unlike the dirty driver, Newman has respect for equipment), but he also cost The Closer what likely would be his final career win. He deprived The Bull, Kevin Harvick!’s fan base the pleasure of seeing their driver advance into the Round of 12 and close out his career with a Southern 500 win and chance to continue to compete for a championship. See, Redd*ck is the Cup Series’ biggest choker at the moment. He KNOWS he has no chance to win this championship. I still believe he will finish 14th in points at best and even if he somehow exceeds this, he will not defeat Kyle Busch in points. As a matter of fact, I would argue that in the second half of the season especially, Redd*ck has been outperformed this season by Bubba Wallace. Everyone was touting Redd*ck as a generational talent who was carrying RCR equipment….. but he is still a B+ driver at best. He backed it up with this B+sch League move.

I was not surprised when he choked the win away and got outdriven by Kyle Larson, an A+ driver. See? THAT is the difference between A+ and B+. You all saw it in Darlington on Sunday night. Now, ask yourselves, am I a villain? Or am I just right?

Honorary mention to Alex Bowman.

I would have the same view no matter who was driving. Suarez didn't have to wreck them. Obviously, Bowman didn't want to wreck anyone... he just wanted to show Suarez he was fed up with his bull sheet. If Bowman wanted to wreck Suarez, he would have let him pass and then put a bumper to him. You and I will just not be on the same page on this one. :)

For sure, :)

Nope, Bowman carries all the blame on this one.
Any time you wreck yourself trying to wreck someone else, YOU'RE A BONEHEAD, whether the retaliation is justified or not. Bowman's moves were stupid. If anything, Suarez's reaction was even more stupid. Suarez is not successful enough to put his brain in neutral and forget about the "big picture". He wiped out the best run that car has had in awhile, and for what? If he's got an issue with Alex, go settle it in the garage. In case you're wondering, I feel the exact same way about the Elliott-Hamlin incident. We all know Hambone is a jerk, but Chase let Denny get the best of him and paid a HEAVY price. I like my drivers to be cold blooded killers that don't let their emotions get in the way of the task at hand.

The Bownan Suarez thing is well on it's way to needing to track the number of accumulated RF pages.
I think Bowman screwed up and initiated the wreck.

I will say I wish there was more context than what we are able to see just before they wrecked. I have watched drivers in the past scrapping each for a few laps before inevitably wrecking each other, many times you can see the wreck coming for several laps prior to the actual event.

Based on their comments both drivers have a history and dont care for each other. There is a lot more to the story than what is seen by this single event or wreck.

Based on their comments both drivers have a history and dont care for each other. There is a lot more to the story than what is seen by this single event or wreck.
The next great mid pack rivalry? ;) ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom