Darlington Throwbacks 2017

Kinda like a modern day hybrid of the two schemes. But I thought of Gordon first, probably cause JG was the first time I saw the car.

Kinda like a modern day hybrid of the two schemes. But I thought of Gordon first, probably cause JG was the first time I saw the car.
I thought JG too, one of the first non Earnhardt die casts I got as a kid.

General Motors in their slide to complete dumbassery put that turbo motor in a Firebird. The stupid part? they only made 1500. Couldn't get one, all spoken for. That should have been their first sign. :confused:

General Motors in their slide to complete dumbassery put that turbo motor in a Firebird. The stupid part? they only made 1500. Couldn't get one, all spoken for. That should have been their first sign. :confused:
Yep, that was the 20th Anniversary Trans-Am I believe.

This isn't the carbon dated 500, it's just a fun deal, something different, ya know like a costume party?
But it is, this year is suppose from the mid 70's to the mid 80's, so the teams should find paint schemes to fit in that time period, yeah its for fun and I sure as hell enjoying seeing them.

Not to sound like I'm complaining but one of the annoying parts about the whole throwback schemes is the track and the Telecast tries to do one certain era of throwback like this year's like the late 80s so it would just be kind of nice to see a little bit more consistency out of the paint schemes that actually would be from that time. Instead of seeing things from the sixties to the nineties...
I agree with this, the teams should stick with the era that the track is doing, but its still fun either way.

But it is, this year is suppose from the mid 70's to the mid 80's, so the teams should find paint schemes to fit in that time period, yeah its for fun and I sure as hell enjoying seeing them.
The Official Throwback Weekend of NASCAR will be celebrating the 1985-89 era of the sport in 2017

1989 Turbo Trans Am right? It's White with gold interior?

Approved.
Screenshot_20170727-203225.jpg

So glad so many sponsors are cooperating with teams for this darlington race each year. Most are probably compromising their exposure for this race just so colors and design on the car can tip the hat to years past. I'm sure it's not an easy sell for all. But glad to see so many beautiful cars...

Do they really have the registered trademark symbol on the hood for NAPA? :rolleyes:
Lol did you expect them to leave it bare? They at least made it blue :idunno:

I think it's clean, and it won't look as baby blue in reality I don't think

Still don't get why Penske and Miller trotted out the same MGD throwback that ran a couple of years ago at Michigan. Kudos to Go Fas for bringing out the High Life.

Back
Top Bottom