Daytona Truck RACE thread

Can't believe these guys are just content to ride.
They were racing all race long last few laps they go single file go figure.......

time for
hungry.gif
banana_smiley_26.gif

Good lord, someone check on Jones's helmet air hose. He looks like he just ran 10 miles.

It's funny listening to Mike Joy and Michael Waltrip talk about how points don't matter and everybody wants to win when the entire field drives around single file for the whole entire race and how, in every Daytona race, dating back to the ****** 2012 Daytona 500, nobody has even made an attempt to make a pass for the win in the closing laps.

There's nothing worse than knowing for sure who's going to win a race in the closing laps. At least Noah's Ark racing was unpredictable.

Congrats to Eric Jones and KBM .................................. 2nd place at Daytona :):booya:

Wtf do you call the attempt by Eric Jones in the 4 ?? :rolleyes:
Too late and a dollar short.

Some guys like Dillion wanted to go but the rest were content trying a last corner pass that wasn't gonna work.

Awful race. Nothing worse then a wreckfest AND a bunch of pansies driving like its a regular day.

Too late and a dollar short.

Some guys like Dillion wanted to go but the rest were content trying a last corner pass that wasn't gonna work.

Awful race. Nothing worse then a wreckfest AND a bunch of pansies driving like its a regular day.

Looked to me like it was the only real chance he had to improve his position. and he DID gain 2 spots, the kid ran a smart race for Kyle and brought home a decent finish

It seems it's really difficult to make passes on the final lap at Daytona, waiting till Turn 4 just doesnt work at Daytona, they really should try off turn 2.

Really ****** race in my opinion. That huge wreck really killed any chance at excitement. 10 trucks were left running and half of them were either field fillers or had sheet metal flying off of them.

NASCAR needs to look at their restrictor plate package across the board. All 3 series it's the same problem. You can't pass the leader. You can't form a second line in the draft.

Pretty sad how Ty Dillon was the only one who even tried to make a pass until it was too late. Oh well, congrats to Tyler Reddick. Shout out to Ray Black Jr. getting a top 5. Erik Jones is the best driver in that series and it's not close. He'll win the championship if their trucks stay together all year.

Really ****** race in my opinion. That huge wreck really killed any chance at excitement. 10 trucks were left running and half of them were either field fillers or had sheet metal flying off of them.

NASCAR needs to look at their restrictor plate package across the board. All 3 series it's the same problem. You can't pass the leader. You can't form a second line in the draft.

Pretty sad how Ty Dillon was the only one who even tried to make a pass until it was too late. Oh well, congrats to Tyler Reddick. Shout out to Ray Black Jr. getting a top 5. Erik Jones is the best driver in that series and it's not close. He'll win the championship if their trucks stay together all year.

I have high hopes that you are right about Jones, a championship would be really great for KBM

I am SO glad I wasn't alone that whole race. How depressing was the last 10 laps? Oh my.....

there just wasn't any quality left in that race except for two ferds and a yota. That is what the most depleted, ****stained race you'll likely ever see.

But wow, no one had any balls at the end. I thought they would all go with anyone(leading to everyone), just to get by the blue trucks.. Just to prove a point.

No balls.

Lol at Ray Black jr. Not giving a **** about a yellow line rule at the finish. If he passed everyone, got 2nd, and was dq'd mutherfugger would still call it a 2nd. +1.. Is he from Florida? He reminds me of a Floridian.

Last edited:
It seems it's really difficult to make passes on the final lap at Daytona, waiting till Turn 4 just doesnt work at Daytona, they really should try off turn 2.
worked for Kyle Busch last year

worked for Kyle Busch last year
True, I think if maybe Reddick didn't have his teammate blocking he might have got passed too. But with Cup cars that go faster and can even pull away from the pack, waiting till turn 4 is risky.

can't wait til we get back to several cup guys racin for truck win . ??

:sarcasm:

kids did what they needed to.

kids did what they needed to.

I think you've hit it, hawg. Most of the racers last night are kids --- remember, a full 1/3 of the field were making their
first start at Daytona. They had to learn on the fly, so to speak. I bet most of them had the simple objective of
finishing the race, and nothing more. Daytona is a fearsome place and to start your truck career there has got
to be a wee bit frightening.
I'm going to be patient and see how these youngsters work through the season.

I think you've hit it, hawg. Most of the racers last night are kids --- remember, a full 1/3 of the field were making their
first start at Daytona. They had to learn on the fly, so to speak. I bet most of them had the simple objective of
finishing the race, and nothing more. Daytona is a fearsome place and to start your truck career there has got

ditto.

I just watched the truck race from my DVR and as usual, they put on a good show. All that young first time out talent learning the ropes, Ty finding out just because you have a POP POP doesn't mean anything to the other drivers, you have to earn the respect, not expect it. The outside line never did work in the race, for what ever reason, but, they put on a great show.
The last lap finish line was all truck series, bunched up 4 wide getr done and no one wrecked, way cool.

Rate the race: A 10 as usual, it is a race at Daytona, what do you expect?

Johnny Sauter, Matt Crafton, David Gilliland. They refused to jump out with Ty and they aren't kids or rookies and their trucks were still good enough to make a run. No excuse. Damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom