DEI Plate Domination is Over

R

redrock

Yea, you heard me...I know I will be bashed for this one but, after watching the race and forgetting about the final results and the last five laps it was clear to me that RCR, Penske, Hendrick and even Rousch cars could move to the front...heck even 'the Sauter' could run up near the front.

What do you guys think? I think that the competition has caught up with DEI. It also really appeared to me that Michael Waltrip was not helping Jr. one bit, what is up with that?

If I ran DEI I would have formed an alliance with the RCR guys...hey the six of us with run single file and put a lap on the field and for the last 5 laps it's every driver for himself...

I agree.

It was mind-boggling to try and keep up with the leader of the race yesterday.

Although Jr did lead the most laps, he certainly didn't look like he was 'dominating' the field. It took him several laps just to get around Jimmie in that last run, and then once he lost draft they were on his butt....

I don't know if this is the teams catching up or if it's a product of the new tires spoilers, but it certainly marks the end of an 'era' in my opinion...

While I don't believe "it's over" I do beleive their advantage has been diminished to a degree. Each of the major teams had driver pairs lurking in and arounf the top ten all day long. And I think that's really the key, having teammates with equally strong cars to help push each other around the plate tracks.

I mean Tony Stewart domintated Dayton towards the end, but without any help Jr. got by him and that was that. Of course Daytona is a whole different animal. I think we'll get a better idea of how much closer all the major teams are when we visit the plates tracks again later this season.

I didn't watch it. But I also think drivers are a little tired of moving over so The Annointed One can win all of them. Bound to have happened sooner or later.

Many of the teams that traditionally don't do well at plate tracks seemed to able to hang in there - even Roush (get some engines, guys). The nascar website has an article that says Matt Kenseth had a "self imposed spin" What the heck is that supposed to mean? Looked to me like he caught that side draft that DESr used to talk about.

The team that impressed me the most was RCR - man, those guys had all of their cars right in there all day and their drivers working together when they could. Kevin Harvick looked as good as DEJr, I thought.

Kevin Harvick and Robby Gordon could have easily taken Junior. Both were lined up together right there at the end. Robby led 22 laps, just behind Jimmie at 25 and Junior.

Ding!

If Robby Gordon is vying for the win at a speedway, you know the cars are even! (or at least competitive)

I didn't see the end of the race yesterday, but from all accounts i read and what i did see it was the typical restrictor plate crap. Just wondering when they are going to consider some changes so they can at least pass a little better and get more spaced out. Of course that probably won't happen!

Originally posted by Splunge@Apr 26 2004, 02:37 PM
Ding!

If Robby Gordon is vying for the win at a speedway, you know the cars are even! (or at least competitive)
<_<

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan+Apr 26 2004, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobbyG Fan @ Apr 26 2004, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Splunge@Apr 26 2004, 02:37 PM
Ding!

<_< [/b][/quote]
:lol:

Ha! I didn't mean to ruffle feathers with that....but I think you know what I was going after!

Originally posted by Splunge+Apr 26 2004, 02:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Splunge @ Apr 26 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -RobbyG Fan@Apr 26 2004, 12:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Splunge
@Apr 26 2004, 02:37 PM
Ding!

<_<
:lol:

Ha! I didn't mean to ruffle feathers with that....but I think you know what I was going after! [/b][/quote]
:D

Yeah I know.

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Apr 26 2004, 01:41 PM
Just wondering when they are going to consider some changes so they can at least pass a little better and get more spaced out. Of course that probably won't happen!
Mopardh, from what I understood from the driver comments, most were pretty happy with the package.

Daytona is the track where the cars will get strung out because it's more of a handling track than Talladega. Good cars will pull away.

At Talladega, it's just horsepower and the draft.

As a Jr fan, I'm really happy that that the other teams are catching up with DEI...........I've been saying for quit some time that it was only a matter of time before the rest of the teams would discover DEI's "secret". Now the trick is to find another advantage to "dominate" with!! :D And I find it hard to believe people thought yesterday's race was boring.........and if you did not watch in protest (or whatever other reason) you sure picked the wrong race to boycott. :D

I thought it was a pretty good race up untill the last 5 laps anyway. :angry:

Originally posted by Splunge@Apr 26 2004, 01:37 PM
Ding!

Robby had the car to beat saterday and sunday, problem was no one would go with him for very long.

if nascar red flaged it, i would say that Harvick or Robby would have won.

Back
Top Bottom