Down But Not Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rajflyboy

Despite the critizisms and the boos and the negative Publicity; Kurt Busch will come back and win many many more Winston Cup races!!!!! Its almost unfair the way he has been mistreated by the fans!

I've heard a lot of crazy Sh** from Drivers on Scanners............. Including J Gordon telling Evernham that he is going to Put Rusty in the wall! This crap goes on all the time.........because the drivers are so competitive and have the drive to win. The fans will see Kurt Busch win many more races and I for one can't wait to see it!!!!!

(You just made my list of 'good posters' man! :cheers:) And yes, Busch will be back and back soon. His skill is remarkable as even a casual fan can see---although some are loathe to admit it. The kid is here to stay and once Ford get's rolling again,he should be unstoppable.

Sure he will win more races. But I do believe what took place at Michigan may have hurt Kurt's chances the rest of this season. He is on a streak of bad luck right now. His problem is probably all in his head. He thinks there is something wrong therefore he is trying to solve an issue that could to me be easily be solved by just riding it out. Do not try too hard. It has got to bother him that when he wrecks he knows alot of other drivers are laughing at him. Psychological issues are tough to overcome. It will be best for the year to get over with and start fresh next year.

My opinion, Kurt will win a championship no later than 2006.
The kid can wheel a race car, no doubt about it.

Kurt Busch is a good driver and I forsee him winning lots of races in the years to come but this year, he probably wont finish in the top 10 in standings this year the way they've had bad finishes and a string of mechanical failures. All he needs to do is lay off of the sailor's mouth and other things like that and he should be back next year.

How strong Kurt finished last season, I figured he'd be the one leading the points this year. Glad I was wrong! :D

17 Fan ------------ I'm fairly certain that Kurt Busch has helped the 17 car out for the championship this year. Having a teammate that if so good....... has surely paid dividends for the 17 car and crew!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 20 2003, 03:41 PM
17 Fan ------------ I'm fairly certain that Kurt Busch has helped the 17 car out for the championship this year. Having a teammate that if so good....... has surely paid dividends for the 17 car and crew!
Oh yeah, I'm sure. The help has gone both ways & Matt has gotten help from the #99 & #6 teams as well. Kurt's crew chief Jimmy Fenning ( A Milwaukee boy) has been in this sport for quite a while and I'm sure he has been a great resource for Robbie & Matt. Matt & Kurt are pretty good friends too. Kurt came up to WI a cpl times this past summer with Matt to race at Slinger & Madison. It helps that they share the same shop too.

Very True! The Roush Shops are much different than most of the others. Their shops actually looked worked in. Not the clean, eat off the floor look!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 20 2003, 10:22 AM
Despite the critizisms and the boos and the negative Publicity; Kurt Busch will come back and win many many more Winston Cup races!!!!!  Its almost unfair the way he has been mistreated by the fans!

I've heard a lot of crazy Sh** from Drivers on Scanners............. Including J Gordon telling Evernham that he is going to Put Rusty in the wall!  This crap goes on all the time
I couldn't agree more. I was told to go away and berated here because I didn't buy that Kurt deserved getting sucker punched. He's far from the first or the last that's gonna talk shiat on the radio during a race or bang fenders with someone. People change their outlook when it's their ox being gored.

Interestingly, I made the mistake of going in a Race chatroom just after the Busch-Spencer debacle. The weirdness that was aimed at me because of my handle was way over the boundary.Absolutely hateful and uncalled for---as if I were the real Kurt Busch! The jeers were incredible. Oh well---my 15 minutes of infamy. :lol:

Jimmy The Thug looks to be going truck racing next year. Perfect place for wanna-bees, has-beens, and never-weres. Kurt on the other hand will probably be a Cup contender for years. Something the decrepit old has-been never even got close to.

I have had the pleasure of watching Kurt and his brother Kyle for quite a few years out here in Vegas. Kurt's good, Kyle is better.

As far as the boos go......Both these kids have been hearing them for years. Thier style (and the fan reaction to it) is nothing new.

Any so-called "almost mistreatment" of Kurt Busch by fans was earned.
This kid made his bed and now must lie in it.

Did I say the word "lie" ?? How crass !!!!!!

But wait !!!! The question is, did he lie ?????

He told a non-indicting, "I'm innocent" version of the events that gained him celebrity staus of the famous Spencergate incident.
The camera in his car told an entirely different story. It seems maybe Kurt got his brain rattled by "Slugger" Spencer in the first round. Busch told Spencer he was going to "kill" him. GEEZE !!!!!

But guess what. It makes no never mind. Play all you want with this event, the discrepancies that unfolded and the consequesces. Kurt made this bed all by himself. It is called immaturity. It will be a long time before he over comes it.

The best thing he can do is get on with his life. Note how he walked away from interviews after the Martinsville race. Good move and the process has begun. Rubbermaid ain't spending over ten million a year to get bad press from a smart mouthed driver.

All is not lost. Kurt Busch will be back and he will be a force to be recokened with. He will win again, and again, and again. There is a strong possibility he will make more than a few of the drivers wish he never entered NASCAR's highest series.

As for the rest of the story. We'll just have to wait and see. From here on in it is all up to him. Win or lose, his attitude will have a lot to do with it. For now, he deserves no sympathy. Humility is a great leveler and Kurt did need to get on some level ground. This will help him be a better person and driver.

Originally posted by Whizzer@Oct 21 2003, 10:29 AM
Any so-called "almost mistreatment" of Kurt Busch by fans was earned.
This kid made his bed and now must lie in it.

Did I say the word "lie" ?? How crass !!!!!!

But wait !!!! The question is, did he lie ?????

He told a non-indicting, "I'm innocent" version of the events that gained him celebrity staus of the famous Spencergate incident.
The camera in his car told an entirely different story. It seems maybe Kurt got his brain rattled by "Slugger" Spencer in the first round. Busch told Spencer he was going to "kill" him. GEEZE !!!!!

But guess what. It makes no never mind. Play all you want with this event, the discrepancies that unfolded and the consequesces. Kurt made this bed all by himself. It is called immaturity. It will be a long time before he over comes it.

The best thing he can do is get on with his life. Note how he walked away from interviews after the Martinsville race. Good move and the process has begun. Rubbermaid ain't spending over ten million a year to get bad press from a smart mouthed driver.

All is not lost. Kurt Busch will be back and he will be a force to be recokened with. He will win again, and again, and again. There is a strong possibility he will make more than a few of the drivers wish he never entered NASCAR's highest series.

As for the rest of the story. We'll just have to wait and see. From here on in it is all up to him. Win or lose, his attitude will have a lot to do with it. For now, he deserves no sympathy. Humility is a great leveler and Kurt did need to get on some level ground. This will help him be a better person and driver.
My thoughts exactly Whizzer.

Yeah, and Jimmy Spencer is the epitome of maturity. Spin it any way you please, if you think what Jimmy did was in any way right you are seriously lacking in the morals department.

Originally posted by Brand X Guy@Oct 22 2003, 01:50 AM
Yeah, and Jimmy Spencer is the epitome of maturity. Spin it any way you please, if you think what Jimmy did was in any way right you are seriously lacking in the morals department.
In no part of any of the posts did it say that what Jimmy Spencer did was right. The post is about Kurt Busch.

Originally posted by Brand X Guy@Oct 22 2003, 06:50 AM
And what was the "spin" on Jimmy "Boom-Boom" Spencer to make anyone think his actions were justified???

Jimmy Spencer was as wrong as political graft and acid-rain.
And so was Kurt Busch. Spencer and Busch were victims of each other.
They were BOTH guilty and in a court of law, Spencer might have been convicted of assault and Busch convicted for uttering a harmful threat. Both felonies.

Spencer has walked away with his tail between his legs.
This is how it should be under the circumstances since there was no winner here. Spencer has taken this lesson to bed with him and is not rehashing it in the press or within ear shot of others. He has been humiliated and he knows it.

There is no criminal action sought and the incident stays within the NASCAR community. All concerned parties know what they did and hopefully, know enough not to do it again.

Now if this was done at a bar it would be known as a good ol' bar fight and kurt called him out and jimmy opened a can on whoop ass, I can't believe were still talking about this, it's over it's done let's get on with it.

I love how at any time anyone that says that Kurt got what he deserved we (include me) automatically get labeled as one that supports what Jimmy did. Just like I have said all along Roy Horn getting mauled by a freaking tiger is not something anyone wants to see happen but damn it, anyone screwing around with a freaking deadly animal is bound to be dinner sooner or later.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 22 2003, 09:27 AM
Now if this was done at a bar it would be known as a good ol' bar fight and kurt called him out and jimmy opened a can on whoop ass, I can't believe were still talking about this, it's over it's done let's get on with it.
boy I wish I could sleep till 11 on my day off :yawner:

Do you like quoting yourself? Its a beautiful day, Go to the freaking zoo or something.

I'm giong to that junkyard in independence that only deals in zx2's and focuses, gettin a wiper motor for $10
Last time I was there he had a couple of probes, want me to look for anything?

If you say Kurt got what he deserved then don't be a hypocrite and say you don't support Spencer. People in a civilized society shouldn't applaud when someone is assaulted ( I'm talking about the people here who have said he got what he deserved ). Whizzer is the one that chose to attack Busch and mention Spencer. Whizzer would you please show a link where someone has been charged with a felony for harmful uttering in the way Busch did?
To compare Jimmy Spencer to a wild animal is laughable and has no place in a serious conversation. It's just mindless rhetoric.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 22 2003, 10:35 AM
I'm giong to that junkyard in independence that only deals in zx2's and focuses, gettin a wiper motor for $10
Hey majestyx!! Their not posting about Kurt!!

A bar fight with one guy tied down to a pool table maybe.

Oh that's right, Jimmy helped Kurt undo his harness before he sucker punched him.

Any way YOU spin it, it was assault plain and simple.

Jimmy got off easy.

Originally posted by Brand X Guy@Oct 23 2003, 02:54 AM
If you say Kurt got what he deserved then don't be a hypocrite and say you don't support Spencer. People in a civilized society shouldn't applaud when someone is assaulted ( I'm talking about the people here who have said he got what he deserved ). Whizzer is the one that chose to attack Busch and mention Spencer. Whizzer would you please show a link where someone has been charged with a felony for harmful uttering in the way Busch did?
To compare Jimmy Spencer to a wild animal is laughable and has no place in a serious conversation. It's just mindless rhetoric.
Is it completely necessary to bring this up AGAIN???? I am so tired of having to referee this crap. Leave it be, let it alone! It's over, said and done with. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change what happened, so why must you keep harping on this!????? They were BOTH wrong. Drop this and move on.

Originally posted by Brand X Guy+Oct 23 2003, 02:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brand X Guy @ Oct 23 2003, 02:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--steveluvs3@Oct 22 2003, 10:35 AM
Hey majestyx!! Their not posting about Kurt!! [/b][/quote]
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Brand X Guy@Oct 23 2003, 07:54 AM
Offering a post describing the actual chain of events of an issue as they took place doesn't make anyone a hypocrite.

Nowhere or at anytime, did my post applaud Jimmy Spencer for what he did.
Does Jimmy Spencer deserve being made a martyr ?? No way !!!!!

My comment was Kurt Busch got what he deserved via treatment from the fans.

This is how I see it.
He told the media and his fans one story and recording devices told another.
Fan reaction was based on Kurt Busch's recorded comments which he denied. People don't like Presidents or race car drivers who misrepresent the truth.

Giving due consideration that nearly every driver has at one time or another tried to damage a competitors car raises the question, why aren't they soundly jeered ??? The answer is obvious. They simply don't talk about it.
Does that exonertate them ??
HECK NO !! But silence creates reasonable doubt, and reasonable doubt has permitted murderers go free.

There was a fairness involved in the conclusion that might be hard understand as there were no winners.
This was an unfortunate and unnecessary incident involving two competitive players. Both who, after the fact, regret thier actions.
The issue was handled between the parties involved, the team owners, sponsors and NASCAR, as it should be.

There are multiple incidents on record where one driver has punched another. In each and every case, they are neither acceptable or appropriate. In each and every case they were handled internally and between the parties directly involved.
In each and every case, fans took a position, but in none of the situations in the past, at least not to my recollection, has a driver misled the fans on the incident. Most were up front to admit thier part in the melee. Busch wasn't, ergo, in thier eyes, and mine is the subject of thier disapproval.

I DO NOT condone Kurt Busch's part leading up to the altercation not do I condone Jimmy Spencer's part. They were both wrong !!

There are those who feel Busch is undeserving of this "bad guy" role, but others who take the opposite road. He brought this on himself, he earned it with the assistance of Jimmy Spencer. As for Spencer's part, he brought his part on himself, he earned it with the assistance of Busch.

Originally posted by Brand X Guy+Oct 23 2003, 02:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brand X Guy @ Oct 23 2003, 02:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--steveluvs3@Oct 22 2003, 10:35 AM
Hey majestyx!! Their not posting about Kurt!! [/b][/quote]
So? :wacko:

Originally posted by majestyx+Oct 23 2003, 08:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Oct 23 2003, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Brand X Guy@Oct 23 2003, 02:54 AM
If you say Kurt got what he deserved then don't be a hypocrite and say you don't support Spencer. People in a civilized society shouldn't&nbsp; applaud when someone is assaulted ( I'm talking about the people here who have said he got what he deserved ). Whizzer is the one that chose to attack Busch and mention Spencer. Whizzer would you please show a link where someone has been charged with a felony for harmful uttering in the way Busch did?
&nbsp; &nbsp; To compare Jimmy Spencer to a wild animal is laughable and has no place in a serious conversation. It's just mindless rhetoric.
Is it completely necessary to bring this up AGAIN???? I am so tired of having to referee this crap. Leave it be, let it alone! It's over, said and done with. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change what happened, so why must you keep harping on this!????? They were BOTH wrong. Drop this and move on.[/b][/quote]
I'm not the one that started this thread and I'm not the one that turned it negative. Why don't you do you job in a unbiased way and quit directing your tirades at me?

.........To compare Jimmy Spencer to a wild animal is laughable and has no place in a serious conversation.......

Beg to differ with you Whizzer. Just because we think we are currently at the top of the food chain doesn't make it neccessarily so nor does it negate the biological evidence that links us to other species. People have been comparing humans to the rest of the animal kingdom for generations.

"Bull in a china shop"
"Elephants upstairs"
"Bitch"
"Wormy Little Weasel"

"Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies."
(Song of Solomon 4:4-6)

"The people rise like a lioness; they rouse themselves like a lion that does not rest till he devours his prey and drinks the blood of his victims." Numbers 23:24)

And to quote you again....."Spencer has walked away with his tail between his legs."......Not too many humans I know that have tails.

Jimmy Spencer reacted to Kurt's taunts in neanderthalic way. There's a good one....neanderthal....animal or human?...That one could be argued till the cows come home.

Laughable? No, quite appropriate imo. Violent acts are violent acts and those that commit them when no immanent danger is present not only imo SHOULD be compared to wild animals, they should be treated as such. Our entire prison system is based on such a thought.

Jimmy The Thug in any other situation would have had to carry his soap in a sock for at least 6 months if not longer. Three such acts in most states will get ya a minimum of 25 years.

As for Kurt's taunts, they were typical of those uttered by players in a variety of contact sports. As for Kurt's on-track actions, those too were typical. Dale Sr. became a modern day hero (and martyr) using gladiator type tactics on-track.

If we are to condemm Kurt's actions as wrong, then we must also condemm every athlete in every contact sport who has ever uttered similar phrases while laying at the bottom of the pile, and we must also comdemm every racecar driver who has ever put the fender to another drivers car.

As always, your experience, opinions, and mileage may vary

.....I am so tired of having to referee this crap....

Then don't. I mean if you don't want to be a referee take off the striped shirt and drop the whistle. There are no victums, only volunteers. :D

Originally posted by 71Fan@Oct 24 2003, 08:31 AM
.........To compare Jimmy Spencer to a wild animal is laughable and has no place in a serious conversation.......
71fan, just a slight correction. That statement, if that's what you call it, was made by Brand X Guy. Not Whizzer.

Originally posted by 71Fan@Oct 24 2003, 08:36 AM

Then don't. I mean if you don't want to be a referee take off the striped shirt and drop the whistle. There are no victums, only volunteers. :D
Okay, so maybe refereeing was a bad choice of words. I still stand by the fact that it's over, said and done with. Let it go! ;)

Originally posted by majestyx+Oct 24 2003, 05:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Oct 24 2003, 05:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--71Fan@Oct 24 2003, 08:36 AM

Okay, so maybe refereeing was a bad choice of words. I still stand by the fact that it's over, said and done with. Let it go! ;) [/b][/quote]
While I appreciate the unasked for advice....NOT, but it sounds good doesn't it?.....letting it go is not something I plan on doing for a very long time.

After retalliating for what Jimmy The Thug started at Phoenix, and after beating him at his own game at Bristol, Kurt was set upon by the proverbial schoolyard bully when the little guy got his goat by using the very same tactics and driving style that said bully used to make his way to the top in the first place.

Jimmy's crew chief is leaving, his sponsor his leaving, he hasn't seen Victory Lane since 1994 (wins that were not without controversy btw), has never finished the year top ten and has done little over the years to warrant a Busch or Truck ride, let alone Cup.

While Kurt's quest for a championship in NASCAR's elite division may have hit a curve in the road, Jimmy never was and never will be a contender.

One of the best college football coaches of all time threw a sucker punch once. A stellar career forever shadowed by a single moment in time. Less than even average, Jimmy (and his defining moment) may go down in racing lore as a hero to some but the view from here shows him to be little more than a wanna-be never-was has-been who let a lifetime of racing frustrations boil over in to a senseless act of violence.

As always, your experince, opinions, and mileage may vary :D

Originally posted by Gollum@Oct 24 2003, 07:50 AM
Oh but the spirit of SilverRam rises again.
Help me out here Gollum...

What you talking about Willis? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom