Dudley Do-right vs Snidely Whiplash, which one would you be?

W

Woody8318

If you were a NASCAR driver what type of driver would you be? Nasty villains like "Bad" Brad, "Rowdy" Kyle and "Smoking" Tony, or Good old boy nice guys like "Vanilla" JJ, "Old Man" Martin, and "June Bug" Dale Jr? I would like to think I would be more like one of the Good old boys, but when I really think about it, I would more than likely be more like a villain. I think if someone did me wrong on the track I would pay them back 10 fold so that they would think twice before they thought about doing it again.
Snidely Whiplash and Dudley Do-Right.jpg

If you were a NASCAR driver what type of driver would you be? Nasty villains like "Bad" Brad, "Rowdy" Kyle and "Smoking" Tony, or Good old boy nice guys like "Vanilla" JJ, "Old Man" Martin, and "June Bug" Dale Jr? I would like to think I would be more like one of the Good old boys, but when I really think about it, I would more than likely be more like a villain. I think if someone did me wrong on the track I would pay them back 10 fold so that they would think twice before they thought about doing it again. View attachment 17294
Just curious. How old are you?

Everytime I race friends on XBL, I race others how they race me. So I guess in that respect I'd be a driver like Gordon, Johnson, Kenseth, Logano etc...

But anything goes when coming to the checkers ;)

Just curious. How old are you?
Why does that matter?

Everytime I race friends on XBL, I race others how they race me. So I guess in that respect I'd be a driver like Gordon, Johnson, Kenseth, Logano etc...

But anything goes when coming to the checkers ;)

Why does that matter?
Lighten up chex, I'm just curious. On here we all pretty much know how old each other is.

Lighten up chex, I'm just curious. On here we all pretty much know how old each other is.
Im light bruh,
I'm just saying that for a new member, being asked how old he/she is right out the gate may frighten them. There is a thread in the chit-chat section that they can wander to and voluntarily tell their age if they wish. I believe that's how everyone else did it, unless they allow their DOB to be shown on their own page. My .02 :)

Im light bruh,
I'm just saying that for a new member, being asked how old he/she is right out the gate may frighten them. There is a thread in the chit-chat section that they can wander to and voluntarily tell their age if they wish. I believe that's how everyone else did it, unless they allow their DOB to be shown on their own page. My .02 :)
Damn chex. We need a race. Asking someones age is an issue? Sheesh. :p :cheers:

Depends on whom I'm racing with. I've had several drivers on iRacing who raced me with respect, so I give them respect back. We give each other plenty of room, we race each other clean and we give and take. Of course in a 45 to 60 lap race (usually what I run), there's not much room for give and take because you gotta go!

I've also had other drivers who try to race me hard, try to race me dirty or I've had lapped cars try to hold me up when I'm trying to hunt down the leader. That's when they get the business end of my chrome horn. My iRacing stats be damned. I have no time for your nonsense.

Racing is like life and beating and banging is part of the deal.

But I would think the best drivers are more wrapped up in the technical aspect or racing the track. The biggest battle is getting and maintaining the speed, and that is were most of the mental energy is invested. Doing otherwise is a loss of focus.

The fans want the good guy bad guy yada yada stories, and that is were the discussions go. I doubt that many drivers set out to fulfill some personia, they are just what they are, or is what they is.

Note: Dale Earnhardt the intimidator, or even one tough customer makes a good counter point. But I dont think Goodwrench or Wrangler colors affected his driving. Thats was just marketing of already exsisting personality. He would have drove an Ivory soap sponsored car and colors the same way.

Well, it's one thing to pose what we'd do and it's another to actually do it... a lot of these moves are quick reactions rather than planned events. I suppose your true colors come out when you react... but how many of us know what it's like to race 3475 pound full bodied cars near 200 mph?

The pros don't want contact - it can ruin your aerodynamics, break something, or wreck you. They know that serious injury or even death is reality, so you chuck your ego / revenge plans when you climb inside the car. If you don't you can become your own biggest problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom