Earth to the 'old guys'.....

97forever

Team Owner
Scrape your nails on a chalkboard. I am immune to it.Squeak a ballon and I am fine. But NOTHING bothers me like not being able to remember something I know the answer to!

See...I woke up this morning and had a great start to the day. By the time I got to work I am 'whistling' happy.

So whistling I do....first tune in my head?Glad you asked.

'El paso city'

By Marty Robbins of course!And what else did Marty Robbins do?

YES! He drove a WC car...apparently one without a damn number! Now I can see the paint scheme in my mind...I am certain it was the early 70's and the car was a Dodge Charger(?)...

But what the ever loving hell was the car #?????

ONLY a
more--uh--senior member can answer this one.

So if Whizz or 71Fan (or even Luke'57 will do :p )are reading...help me out of this self imposed hell guys!

Now back to whistling 'Big Iron'...

Damn. Ever pushed the button to post something and then have second thoughts? I just did. Let me re-name this topic :

Earth to the 'Nice senior guys'...

Calling the 'senior and smart patrol'...

There.Hope that helps smooth this over.(old guys are pretty sensitive :p )

Whistling 'Devil Woman' now..

Thats ok Maj...I just asked YOU for the answer to a certain racing related question! ;) Get with me on the answer!

How bout this 97..........

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 95
or maybe this.......................any of this ring a bell???

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 103
LOL!!! Now, if you wanted the number of Mark Donohue's Trans-Am car, USRROC car or Can-Am car...

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 13 2003, 04:25 PM
DAMN you Bow! For the first time ever you kicked my ass on here! :eek: :eek: :eek:
whatever..................... :D

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 13 2003, 04:35 PM
(Thanks Kat)...and can everybody on the forum find stuff on here except me?
seems like it Romeo. :D

Originally posted by DeeDee+Oct 13 2003, 04:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Oct 13 2003, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bowtie@Oct 13 2003, 05:45 PM
seems like it Romeo. :D
97 got a new nickname I don't know about? [/b][/quote]
hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...................yeah right.......................... :p

So I reckon ya figured out that Marty ran the #42 most of the time, though he also used #6, #22, #36 on his cars along with running some other folks cars with a cuple of different numbers.

Marty raced purely for fun and as a hobby. Many times at the Nashville track he would start a Saturday night race, run until he had to leave to get to the Opry and then just take off.

Back in 1973 he had a great run at Talledega. NASCAR was requiring restrictor plates on the big block hemi's back then. Anyways, Marty was faster on race day by a whole bunch, like 15 MPH, than he had been all week. Finished in the top 20 and won rookie of the race honors. After the race Marty went to NASCAR and told em he couldn't keep the money and honor. He had tinkered with the plate and was running illegal. He said "I just wanted to get out there one time and race with the big boys."......................

Back
Top Bottom