Eldora: Slack to Stewart "can we tell them about the dome?"

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
As the meandering conversation with reporters neared the end, Slack turned to Stewart. "Can we tell them about the dome?"

To which Stewart let loose: "Yeah, if we can raise $25 million, we will put a dome and a roof over top of Eldora Speedway. ... This is not a joke. We have a fellow competitor who is a large engineer and he's figured out what it would actually take to put a roof over Eldora, so it's about a $25 million project to do if we were able to get an event like a (NASCAR Sprint) Cup race. That would definitely be a lot easier to justify spending $25 million. If not, I don't know how many $1.50 hot dogs we'd have to sell to raise $25 million."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/success-eldora-return-goes-roof-211900457--nascar.html

Interesting. Tony is really serious about bringing Cup and Nationwide events there, it sounds like.

The dome could be like the Chili Bowl Nationals but better and permanent.

If Stewart & co. want to make Eldora the short track place to be, as far as NASCAR nat'l series' racing there, I'd suggest paving the place.

Saw that one coming.

Here's an idea, instead of a roof, add nice seating and a bitchin pitlane and garage(outside the track), fine tune their dirt and banking to create a helluva racetrack where they can give it more than half throttle every now and again.

Not taking anything away from the show they have now, just think there is room for improvement before we are talking about a 3 series race weekend. Lol, and a roof.

Where do I send my money?? That would be awesome. I foresee at least a nationwide race there in the next two or three years.

tony, I say put down some good clay/ put the banking you took out for the trucks back into the track, and run sprint cars, midgets and late models like the track was designed to run and be proud of it and put a roof on too, it gets boring as hell around here in ohio in the winter/ and if ya want to run napcar crap then finish the Eldora mile that earl started to build so many years ago

Ok...
So, why all the talk about a dome over the race track?
Is Eldora the Seattle of the Midwest?
There's gotta be a stretch of days in Ohio where rain is typically not seen.
I don't know. Not from there.

A Cup race can be run there anytime of the year.
Preferably, around May 21st or so.
For the all-star race.
Hell yeah.

its liable to rain at any given moment in ohio in the summer. spring and fall/ and likely to snow at any time in the winter/ I'd like to see some indoor winter racing, provided there's adequate ventilation, that's why I'd suggest to tony to save his 25 mil and lease the goodyear hanger airdock in akron (the worlds largest free standing building) where he could build a 1/2 mile high bank track with grandstands to seat as many as Eldora, and not need to worry much about ventilation, the building has its own ecosystem/ then he could take the 25 mil and complete the Eldora mile that earl started building but abandoned many many years ago for napcar stuff

its liable to rain at any given moment in ohio in the summer. spring and fall/ and likely to snow at any time in the winter/ I'd like to see some indoor winter racing, provided there's adequate ventilation, that's why I'd suggest to tony to save his 25 mil and lease the goodyear hanger airdock in akron (the worlds largest free standing building) where he could build a 1/2 mile high bank track with grandstands to seat as many as Eldora, and not need to worry much about ventilation, the building has its own ecosystem/ then he could take the 25 mil and complete the Eldora mile that earl started building but abandoned many many years ago for napcar stuff

Gotcha.

Building a racetrack in an already existing hangar seems almost as crazy as building a dome over an already existing racetrack.

Ha, ha... napcar.
It's surely different now.
But I'll say this, I loved the quick pace and 150 lap length of that truck race.

No time to nap.

image.jpg

Hell, I would donate. Make this happen and I will go up there one year.

Last time I went to a dirt track race was in Knoxville some years ago...

I'll bring the liquor, Chex bring the college women.

A developer had a vision for a covered track in Ct but it never got off the ground.
I took my son to the Monster Trucks at the Civic Center. Noise was absolutely deafening! People were choking on the fumes. I got a headache like I never had before.
Ventilation system for a inside track of any size would have to be massive.

I may be missing something but he said a dome over the track. He said nothing about a full enclosure. It may be just a roof.

ed lynch was supposed to have built one near pittsburgh years ago, but it never happened

25 mill would be a good start to building a track somewhere in the South where they would have a little longer season with more favorable weather to run. But I just don't see any 400 to 500 lap races being run on dirt tracks. Loved seeing the trucks running on dirt and would love see the Cup drivers displaying their talents or lack of on dirt.

if they were to run dirt races, they'd run heat races and a feach, like jeff Gordon has suggested, instead of a long boringass race

Make a deal with Houston, Tx. and build a race track inside the AstroDome it's just sitting there fallin apart. Houston, Tx. getting a NA$CAR race would be great for Houston, and that part of the country. Houston has Hotels, Highway/freeway access, parking, major airport access, and lots of entertainment and restaurants around the city.

Eldora already has the big screen instant replay screen from the Houston astrodome, and it wouldn't be nearly big enough to house a 1/2 mile dirt track complex

I'd like to see the cup drivers strapped into 410 sprints on a high banked 1/2 mile dirt track/ some have been there and dine that, the rest would not wanna go back to napcar

Back
Top Bottom