Football anyone?

I

Its all good

Jeremy Shockey was traded to the Saints.. this article says its ego..but dont you want a confident man who knows what he wants to go out there and play on your team? I know it works for Owens.. Moss.. Keyshawn and Chad Johnson.. I like Shockey I hope this is a good move for him!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8363808?MSNHPHMA

Jason Taylor has now become a member of the Washington Redskins... Is this really gonna make a difference in the team??? I dont know maybe his short run on Dancing With the Stars helped him become a better football player..lmao

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8096bf70&template=with-video&confirm=true

Brian Urlacher has almost come to a new deal.. If all goes right Urlacher will get a 18 million dollar extension for one more year added on his contract.. there will be a 6 million bonus up front then one million more for each year... DAMN URLACHER.. can i get a loan???

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8096c6db

It pretty funny, I was just coming on here to post a new thread about college football.

I like the NFL, and as a Browns fan I actually have a reason to get excited about the upcoming season for a change.

That being said, I just love college football! I am a diehard fan of both the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Florida State Seminoles. The Buckeyes have a great team coming back and some really nice additions, including the #1 rated prospect Terrelle Pryor who as a quarterback ran for over 4,000 yards and also passed for over 4,000 yards in high school. That is incredible. The Seminoles have a lot less talent than the Buckeyes, but I still love to watch them.

And their fans are just so hot! :growl:

FSUGirls.jpg

If that don't light your fire, your wood is wet brother

Jason Taylor has now become a member of the Washington Redskins.

And yet another reason the 'Skins will win the Super Bowl...:rolleyes:

Every year, its the same thing...."We got a new coach! We're going to The Show!" "We just traded our first round picks for the next five years for a WR that's 45 years old! We're going to get the trophy!" We charge $8.00 for a watered-down beer! We're going to The Super Bowl, but with a belly ache..."

I met one of the Florida State chicks last year. Best body money can buy....

Attachments

• jenn-sterger3.jpg
    jenn-sterger3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 183
And yet another reason the 'Skins will win the Super Bowl...:rolleyes:

Every year, its the same thing...."We got a new coach! We're going to The Show!" "We just traded our first round picks for the next five years for a WR that's 45 years old! We're going to get the trophy!" We charge $8.00 for a watered-down beer! We're going to The Super Bowl, but with a belly ache..."

I was thinking the same thing.

Getting rid of Gregg Williams, that was titanically stupid. And Snider fired Williams. Jim Zorn? WTH? :XXROFL:

You know Jason Campbell's starting QB as well. :XXROFL:

Last year, Campbell got hurt and Collins was in and the Redskins won EVERY SINGLE GAME in the rest of the Regular Season. :XXROFL:

Every year I ask what else Snider can possibly **** up. He never dissappoints. :beerbang:

GO JAGS! :beerbang:

Incase anyone is as anxious for football as me heres some preseason games..
Week one....
Thursday, August 07
NYG @ DET 7:00 PM
BAL @ NE 7:30 PM
NYJ @ CLE 7:30 PM
NO @ ARI 8:00 PM ESPN
KC @ CHI 8:00 PM

Friday, August 08
PHI @ PIT 7:30 PM
SEA @ MIN 8:00 PM
SF @ OAK 10:00 PM

Saturday, August 09
BUF @ WAS 7:00 PM
TB @ MIA 7:30 PM
ATL @ JAC 7:30 PM
IND @ CAR 7:30 PM
DEN @ HOU 8:00 PM
STL @ TEN 8:00 PM
DAL @ SD 10:00 PM
Monday, August 11
CIN @ GB

Live preseason games on NFL Network:
» Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers -- Aug. 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET (HD)
» Buffalo Bills at Washington Redskins -- Aug. 9 at 7 p.m. ET (HD)
» Dallas Cowboys at San Diego Chargers -- Aug. 9 at 10 p.m. ET (HD)
» Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos -- Aug. 16 at 9 p.m. ET (HD)
» New England Patriots at Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Aug. 17 at 8 p.m. ET (HD)
» Cleveland Browns at Detroit Lions -- Aug. 23 at 4 p.m. ET
» Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts -- Aug. 24 at 8 p.m. ET (HD)
» Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals -- Aug. 29 at 10 p.m. ET (HD)

I know its just preseason and it dont mean much but any picks???

I thought Mark Matrin retired also..:D

I was cleaning today and found an issue that had him, Terry L, and Rusty about retireing. Rusty's the only one that really has.

Back to football....

Iv not been to a game in forever. Murray State Sucks, St. Louis is to far to go anymore cause of gas. and not a fan of Titans. About the only game i watch any more is the Super Bowl.

I can't wait for football season to start! Obviously my Dolphins are not going to be anything close to contenders yet again--understatement of the year! U of Miami is not predicting to win the title either :rolleyes:. That's OK, I'm a real football fan and look forward to watching great match ups, even if they don't involve my favorite teams.

I don't watch much NFL. I watch a lot of college ball. I'll stay up to 3 and 4 in the morning watching the west coast feeds. I DVR games to watch Sunday. Sometimes I'm watching 1 game and DVR'ing 2 others at the same time. That is when I'm not at the games. This looks to be the 1st season I won't make many of my team's away games due to the wife's health. But I'll be at the home games. It helps being 15 minutes from the stadium.

I don't watch much NFL. I watch a lot of college ball. I'll stay up to 3 and 4 in the morning watching the west coast feeds. I DVR games to watch Sunday. Sometimes I'm watching 1 game and DVR'ing 2 others at the same time. That is when I'm not at the games. This looks to be the 1st season I won't make many of my team's away games due to the wife's health. But I'll be at the home games. It helps being 15 minutes from the stadium.

You mean that yer Wolfies have a team this year? I thought they decided to cancel their schedule this year and look for a girl quarterback that might help jump start the team. :cool:

I love going to NFL games.. the crowds are sooooo crazy. Ive been to Niners and Raiders games and you want to talk about two different kinds of fans!! Never been to a Raider game that there wasnt a fight right in front of me. Raider fans are WAY worse when they are losing!! The Niners fans are definately more mellower but i still walk away with a earache from how loud they can get!!!..lol I love FOOTBALL!!!!

Hmm.....

I see the NFL trash talking has begun. :D

That must mean football season is right around the corner. :beerbang:

How smart do you have to be to do this??...

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- A subdued Steve Smith apologized to his Carolina Panthers' teammates, coaches and fans Monday, three days after he punched teammate Ken Lucas at practice, leaving the starting cornerback with a broken nose that will require surgery.

Smith, who was suspended without pay for the first two regular-season games, spoke to reporters for about four minutes after his first practice with the team since the incident. He did not answer questions."

All I can say is DUMBA**!!!! Go to anger management if you feel the need to knock out your starting cornerback!!! Im not sure which is worse..losing the starting cornerback or losing Steve Smith for two games.. you want to start the year off on a good note not with your key players on the bench. I wish i knew what the conversation was between Smith and Lucas that started it all :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809baac0&template=with-video&confirm=true

First Preseason game..

IND 16 @ WAS 30 ...

Do these really count?? I mean half the starters didnt even play!! But im still surprised Indy lost! You think theyd want to keep up a good reputation..lmao

Go Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Mizzou Tigers for NCAA!

Go Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Mizzou Tigers for NCAA!

Yeah another Chiefs fan.. i wasnt sure if i was the only one left??????:rolleyes:

I still like my Niners though..no matter how bad they suck..lmao:cool:

These pre-season games don't mean crap. The only reason they are even televised is because the fans are wanting the season to begin and they can get plenty of tickets sold. I've seen teams go undefeated in pre-season and not even have a winning record when the season ends. Then I've seen teams that might not even win a pre-season game and still go on to win their division and more. These games are more for the bragging rights of the fans and to let the coaches see how the rookies handle the game.

Preseason games are a really good tool for the coaches to evaluate players. It is a good chance for rookies and borderline NFL players to play their way onto the teams. They are also a good way for the veteran players to play themselves into shape and sharpen their skills against live competition. They are also a good way for the teams to see how the new plays they are adding to their game plans work against actual competition.

I also enjoy getting to see at least some of the team back on the field. As a Browns fan it also gives me a chance to see Brady Quinn in game action. Derek Anderson is our starter. He is a Brett Favre wannabe. He throws way too many interceptions for my taste, just like Favre. I feel a lot better when Brady is on the field. He may not throw as many spectacular touchdowns as DA will, but at least he doesn't throw away the game trying to be a hero like DA and his apparent idol Brett Favre do.

All of that being said, the quality of play in these games is usually horrible. Very sloppy, lots of penalties, starters only play the first quarter if at all. A lot of the guys you see play a lot in the first preseason game won't even be with the team when the season opens, or even next week for that matter.

Went and watched Murray State play Lamburth(sp) lastnight. The 1st qt i thought it was going to be a long night, but then Murray got on the ball durring the 3rd. Held them twice on the 1 yard line! Murray went on to win 41-17 (last years score was 48-13)

I'm not getting my hope up about the year yet. Murray plays IN next week. So that will more then likly be a blow out. I just hope they can get there act togather and go back to having a winning season. Not had one of them in a few years.

Lastnight was the 1st football game iv been to since, 2005......Im ready for basketball...

And now we finally are getting to the end of the exhibition season.

The real games start next Thursday.

I am excited to see how the Browns play when most of their starters actually play in a whole game. The team looked good last night when most of their starters played against the bears first team defense. Derek Anderson, Jamal Lewis, Ryan Tucker and Braylon Edwards sat out with various injuries, or indifference. Brady Quinn led them to a field goal and a touchdown on his only two drives. They moved the ball very well and would have scored touchdowns on both drives if Brady hadn't missed a wide open Kellen Winslow in the back of the end zone.

Their defense scares the crap out of me though. They could not stop the run last year so they traded their best cornerback for a run-stopping defensive lineman. They also added another run-stopper or two to the defensive line. But then Davin Holly (sp?) went down for the season with an injury and their already thin secondary took another big hit. They have been horrible in the preseason in pass defense. That being said, the offense might be good enough to outscore what the defense gives up.

It pretty funny, I was just coming on here to post a new thread about college football.

I like the NFL, and as a Browns fan I actually have a reason to get excited about the upcoming season for a change.

That being said, I just love college football! I am a diehard fan of both the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Florida State Seminoles. The Buckeyes have a great team coming back and some really nice additions, including the #1 rated prospect Terrelle Pryor who as a quarterback ran for over 4,000 yards and also passed for over 4,000 yards in high school. That is incredible. The Seminoles have a lot less talent than the Buckeyes, but I still love to watch them.

And their fans are just so hot! :growl:

FSUGirls.jpg

If that don't light your fire, your wood is wet brother
I just wanted to reference an older post before people try to paint me as a bandwagon Florida State fan. Notice the date is Aug 29, 2008. I'm sure my references to my FSU fandom go even further back on here, but I figured this was far enough for this purpose.

My favorite college teams are Ohio State and West Virginia, neither of which are probably in danger of winning a championship anytime soon, but if they do, I just want to cover my bases. Grew up rooting for the Mountaineers, but got my degree from OSU, hence the dual allegiance.

Back
Top Bottom