? for boB

E

eeff

as a kid I can remember going to a track in Ma. I think the towns name started with a W.
The track was a banked oval with almost no straightaway.

The fast Modifieds would pas on the top off the track where the straightaway was flat.

There would be big demolition debries also held there with heat demo's to get in the feature

Iwas like 9 years old & can't remember the name.

thanks if you can help

eff,

Does Westboro sound right?

Are you guys bringing a truck to NHIS this weekend?

No but Bob has an engine in Brad Bennett's Busch North car

thanks for the track name but that oesn't ring a bell I'm not saying that's not the name though.

The Kid there testing the engine on the dino right now's name is Ronnie Silk

eff,

Yep, Norwood Arena, located on the old Rte 1 between Boston and Providence, R.I.

Thought if you were up in the area for the truck race this weekend, we might get a chance to get together at some point and swap a story or two.
Oh well, some other time, maybe?

That sounds like the place I'm thinking of .If I ever get to a race again in your area that would be cool.

But to tell you the truth I could care less about going to the races to work in the pits. The crowds are not my thing any more.

There suppose to take a truck to Los Vegas in 2 weeks. I've already said no to going when asked. Bob said Jim would pay to fly me out . But I really have no interest in going to a race & running last. I'll help get the truck ready to go for Bob & Jim.
Right now I have the axles out from under their tag along 3 axle trailer they use. I'm putting new spring, shackles, rockers, u-bolt, backing plates, & adding brakes on the third axle for them. All the parts have arrived but 8 bolts. So tomorrow those should be here.

1963 I lived in Waltham for about 9 months or so. My father raced a 51 ford @ Norwood & did the demo thing a few times.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom