Fox has been pretty bad this year

Reck

Team Owner
Forgive my lateness if this has been discussed here already but what's with Fox missing all the wrecks this year?

Restarts too but they've been doing that for years though. I'm noticing a lot of lackadaisical attitude toward the race coverage by Fox. So I wonder if they're thinking of not re-upping once their contract is up or scaling back?

The guys in the booth aren't better either. Mike is openly criticizing the drivers in a negative way. Quick example was when he interrupted Jamie (I think) when she was interviewing Brad about being taken out and he said KARMA to Kurt Busch as he was wrecking.

Forgive my lateness if this has been discussed here already but what's with Fox missing all the wrecks this year?

Restarts too but they've been doing that for years though. I'm noticing a lot of lackadaisical attitude toward the race coverage by Fox. So I wonder if they're thinking of not re-upping once their contract is up or scaling back?

The guys in the booth aren't better either. Mike is openly criticizing the drivers in a negative way. Quick example was when he interrupted Jamie (I think) when she was interviewing Brad about being taken out and he said KARMA to Kurt Busch as he was wrecking.

I think you are onto something as FOX used to be very good with showing wrecks and what led up to them but they have gone all NBC on us this year or so it seems. I can't prove a thing but in some ways Mike Joy seems disinterested or distracted, DW is on year 15 of just mailing it in and Jeff Gordon isn't as good this year but it may have a lot to do with what he has to work with.

I think the current broadcast deal runs another 7 years but seeing how FOX and NBC grossly overpaid for the rights they may be trying to cut costs and that could lead to inferior broadcasts. IDK if either network will be interested in Nascar again but if so I would expect a massively lower dollar value and term length for the contract. Sprint paid 75 million a year to be the title sponsor for multiple years and I believe Monster is on the hook for 20 million for this year and next wi

In three weeks we won't care.

But yeah, the director did a lousy job at Dover of either getting cameras pointed where they needed to be, or of selecting the camera showing the action, or both.

In order to save FOX and NBC money the race will be brought to you courtesy of interns and volunteers. All jokes aside many businesses are looking to trim expenses and I am sure they bean counters will look at everything.

Give it thirty days.

The comments on FOX will be interchangeable with the comments on NBC.

The thought of having to listen to "GREEN FLAG BACK IN THE AIR" AND "THREE WIDE" is making me nauseous. Then you have the twins who think they get paid by the word and double pay if they can speak in a higher tone than Micheal Jackson.

A few things have driven me nuts.

The on board cameras. For some reason, when there's a battle for the lead, we don't actually see it because we're watching from an in car, roof or bumper camera.

Randomly cutting away. They show a battle for the lead, then randomly show you the 12th place car for no reason, then go back to the battle for the lead. Or when there's a wreck happening, they randomly cut away then go back.

Jeff Gordon. I get it, you think Chase Elliott is the second coming and root for him because he's in your old car. But it gets tiring hear him blame everyone else for Chase's mistakes. And then criticizing Larson yesterday when Truex was acting like a bit of a diva. ****'s getting old.

Fox has always had their favorites and it's driven me insane for years. There was one year where Kyle Busch got more airtime than any other driver even though most of the races had been won by Kevin Harvick or Jimmie Johnson at that point in the season. And their coverage of Kyle Busch was always flattery.

I gotta be honest here this has been happening ever since the full races were broadcasted... i was just reviewing some old races recently, I like to do so when time is there... the same stuff happened back "in the good old days" too.

I think the current broadcast deal runs another 7 years

Holy crap that's a lot of years left. I dont see them going that long acting like they dont give a damn. Either their product goes back up to snuff or they buy out their own contract.

People can put up with weak stuff for so long before noticing the small stuff which eventually becomes big stuff.

Lol I haven't heard Gordon say two words about Chase in weeks, at least not in an overly praising him kind of fashion. Andy is flying proudly the anti Elliott flag for this board, it's been obvious for a while now.

FOX has been dreadful this year. The lackadaisical manner in which the races are broadcast certainly can't help with viewership.

We can all bitch about commercials till the cows come home, but that issue is true for every sport. The NFL and NBA broadcasts are bogged down by endless ads as well.

My issues lies in the network's failure to capture what is happening on track. How many games on Sunday's do you see the camera crew completely miss the outcome of a play?

FOX has been consistently terrible at capturing battles for position on track, and missing wrecks entirely. I'm sick of on boards, in car cameras of a driver's helmet, and still shots of a incident happening a 1/4 mile away in the background.

Andy is flying proudly the anti Elliott flag for this board

Huh? Thinking commentators on Fox are biased makes me "anti-Elliott"? Being peturbed that journalists were cutting down the sport after the Daytona 500 because Chase Elliott didn't win makes me "anti-Elliott"?

LOL, okay.

Huh? Thinking commentators on Fox are biased makes me "anti-Elliott"? Being peturbed that journalists were cutting down the sport after the Daytona 500 because Chase Elliott didn't win makes me "anti-Elliott"?

LOL, okay.
No, I think you know good and well the things you've said and number of times you've attempted to point out double standards as it relates to Chase. That's what makes you anti. And the accusations of Gordon being biased towards him. You mention Chase Elliott almost as often as you try to convince us that Mark martin won the 2007 Daytona 500 lol.

Just yesterday I remember Gordon pointing out how Chase wasn't showing the speed that we saw out of him last year at Dover. Yep...seems biased to me!

No, I think you know good and well the things you've said and number of times you've attempted to point out double standards as it relates to Chase. That's what makes you anti. And the accusations of Gordon being biased towards him.

No, that means I'm calling out bias and double standards.

Jeff Gordon even admits he's biased towards Chase Elliott during the broadcasts, LOL.

It's no secret in racing that much of the media is biased towards Chase Elliott, to a pretty absurd degree. That's not being anti-Elliott. I'm standing up for the sport, honestly. That column about the Daytona 500 being bad for NASCAR (because Chase Elliott didn't win) still chaps my ass.

DW needs to retire. He used to be really good and my favorite NASCAR commentator but he seems so lost now and doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

DW needs to retire. He used to be really good and my favorite NASCAR commentator but he seems so lost now and doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

Him and Jeff dont mesh. They talk over each other almost every chance.

That annoys the crap out of me.

In three weeks we won't care.

In three weeks a usual short period of no whining will ensue followed by the same ones with: NBC has been pretty bad this year.
I'm probably going to play this year. I'l try my damdest to keep my mouth shut with the next bunch but IMO Nothing D.W. and crew can do to compare to :
Jabber the Burton, THREE WIDE Rick, and I can talk faster than you Letarte.
That's my Boodity an I'm a stickin to it.

I kind of wish Joy and DW go away to be replaced with Bestwick at play by play, JG driver and a CC ( Larry Mac, maybe get Slugger Labbe or... Evernham)

I kind of wish Joy and DW go away to be replaced with Bestwick at play by play, JG driver and a CC ( Larry Mac, maybe get Slugger Labbe or... Evernham)

Dont forget Carl Edwards. He's out there too.

Although who knows for how long. Hendrick might want him in that 88 or 5.

Dont forget Carl Edwards. He's out there too.

Although who knows for how long. Hendrick might want him in that 88 or 5.
Hope Edwards is back racing in 2018...

Only thing with Carl is that he had to have slightly burned some bridges. A lot of people hung their money and best interest on Carl and JGR only to have Carl suddenly call everyone and say "hey I kinda don't want to race this season"... yeah they can tell us all the sponsors put their blessings on that deal but come on, business is never that easy when it comes to millions.

Sure Carl is a helluva talent and a sponsors dream but what if he tells you he'll race for 2 years but then in the summer of season one he says "hey I bought a pond in Colorado, I kinda wanna fish for the rest of the year instead of race"..?

Suarez has been doing better as of late, I believe he'll be a threat to win some races before the year is out. He seems to be showing steady improvement each week.

LMAO, seriously?

From barely finishing races to winning in one year? Yeah that's a hard sell.

He's up to 19th in points now, considering he's a rookie that was pressed into duty and also considering JGR is a bit off from where they were last year, that ain't too bad.

So you're giving him the nod to get a win before Chase?

Bold prediction if so.

It took Larson over 80 races to get his first win and that dude won a ton of races including the Chili Bowl. This ain't the little leagues.

Lol I haven't heard Gordon say two words about Chase in weeks, at least not in an overly praising him kind of fashion. Andy is flying proudly the anti Elliott flag for this board, it's been obvious for a while now.
Then you werent paying attention to Jeff this weekend , Jeff proclaimed that Chase is already a legend.

Jeff predicted Chase would be one eventually.

He recruited Johnson & had high praise for Larson.

I'll take Gordon's word on driver talent long before anyone here.
It was the way Gordon said, it sounded like Jeff already thinks he is one.

There are a lot of things I would take Gordon's word over before anyone here.

Back
Top Bottom