From the "You've got to be kidding me" files:

N

N2racin44

Chevy Looking for Help? the GM camp is uietly lobbying NASCAR for a new nose for their one-year old Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The very same nose that led to a near panic in ‘03 when it's odd shape seemed to give the Monte a lot of bang for the buck.(Ford Racing)(3-9-2004)

Take it for what it is worth but I've seen for the most part factual information coming from that site.

:yawner:

Chevy's crying....wow there's a news flash. They've gone two whole races without having one handed to them, time to right the ship. Been going on since the 70s.

It takes some doing to out-whine Jack Roush. They manage to do so every season.

Spoon fed bunch of cry babies. I predicted this in one thread or the other after the race at the Rock-----not that is takes Edgar Cayce to predict Chevrolet whining. ;)

Yeah but all three makes have damn near identical nose and tails don't they?

Yep. And that's the exact reason Chevy is whining. Without a clear advantage sanctioned by Nascar, they can not now, and never could, compete with Ford or Mopar.

But bet your Bowtie: What Chevy wants, Chevy gets in this series.

don't tell me any of you are surprised, any team, or mfg. that thinks they are at a disavantage is going to cry, its been goin on forever

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Mar 9 2004, 11:41 AM
don't tell me any of you are surprised, any team, or mfg. that thinks they are at a disavantage is going to cry, its been goin on forever
Yes but we are at a point where we have common templates. Just a few years ago I can remember one make had a certian spoiler another make had a different valance. Now everyone is on the same playing field as far as the nose and tail goes.

you didn't read, I said : any team, or mfg. that thinks they are at a disavantage is going to cry, its been goin on forever

key word here is THINKS
PS they had comon templates last year and Jack in the box cried like a baby all year even with his driver leading the points ! go figure

And, just think, soon we will have common engine templates. What will they cry about then...

the quote came from a ford site, thats like getting info about Goerge W from the official Democratic homepage

I don't see a lot of 2 door Taurases and Intrepids out there on american highways.......maybe europe?

If the only reason Dodge and Ford dominate the cookie cutters was because of their engines I could accept that but its not.

I say everyone should be able to do what they want below the front bumper and above the rear bumper.........then the excuses would be left out on the track and not in the microphone.

We'll have to wait & see if it's true or not. The ford camps bit their tongues last year knowing they were at a disadvantage because the new ford was coming out ths year. If it is true, that's just pathetic. The only disadvantage chevy has to Ford is driver ability. With exception of the 24, 18, and 20, they really don't have much. Ford is solid bottom to top. Many chevy teams know they can't hardly compete without an ADvantage. If it is true,childress will be leading the way . <_<

:XXROFL: The Fords didn't whine last year. that is a joke. The Cat in the hat cryed all last year.

Originally posted by CypressTrout@Mar 9 2004, 05:27 PM
We'll have to wait & see if it's true or not. The ford camps bit their tongues last year knowing they were at a disadvantage because the new ford was coming out ths year. If it is true, that's just pathetic. The only disadvantage chevy has to Ford is driver ability. With exception of the 24, 18, and 20, they really don't have much. Ford is solid bottom to top. Many chevy teams know they can't hardly compete without an ADvantage. If it is true,childress will be leading the way . <_<
Talent is not the only thing Chevy has on its side, its alot of money.......when Hendrick, RCR, and DEI all end up about the same at the end of a race then their might be something amiss.

Anyway, you missed the 29, 5, and 48 when talking about Chevy talent.

You might be able to say Chevys have a leg up on the 2 super speed ways but really its only one team who at this point could make a pig fly.

Originally posted by CypressTrout@Mar 9 2004, 04:27 PM
The only disadvantage chevy has to Ford is driver ability. With exception of the 24, 18, and 20, they really don't have much. Ford is solid bottom to top. Many chevy teams know they can't hardly compete without an ADvantage.
I don't know how you figure that, but with only eight Ford teams they should be pretty solid. I wouldn't say the 24, 18, and 20 is all Chevy has.

Whining and crying is part of the game............that's the owners and manufacturers sole purpose in life in NASCAR!! :cheers:

02Pace, that sure is a purty Chevy you got there. I know it's a Chevy...the hood's up. :lol:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 9 2004, 09:42 PM
02Pace, that sure is a purty Chevy you got there. I know it's a Chevy...the hood's up. :lol:
Now that was low :D
If a Person had been pushing the car then We'd have known it was a Ford :p :lol:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 9 2004, 08:42 PM
I had to let you know it was'nt a prop............it works well enough to run in front of a bunch of Indy cars!

Back
Top Bottom