Ganassi on Jr and Tony

H

HardScrabble

Chip and driver Jamie McMurray were the participants in the "Dodge This" teleconference this weekl.

One of the questions asked of Mr. Ganassi was about the rumors of his interest in hiring one of the two drivers.

His response on Jr was pretty emphatic:

"Where does that stuff start? I've never even talked to Dale Jr. I met him about five years ago in New York one day, and I haven't said 10 words to him since. There's no truth to the rumor that he was in our shop, I can tell you. Keep those rumors flying. Maybe it's because I'm not down there every day. Every car owner is always looking to talk to great drivers, but that doesn't mean I've talked to him or anybody else for that matter."

A little less definitive on Stewart, but it does not sound like any $5 million deal was laid on the table.

"This call is about Jamie. They asked me to be on it. This call is about Jamie and Dodge, and I don't want to talk about Tony Stewart. That's sort of old news now isn't it? Basically, I'm giving the answer. Basically the reason I didn't get too hot to pursue Tony Stewart was I don't want to hinder anything I've got going on with Jamie McMurray right now. He's a great driver. I think for the time of term Tony Stewart was talking about in his contract, I think I've got a better investment in Jamie McMurray."

Chip says NASCAR should probable get tougher on post race shenanigans, plus talks about other series, schedule and such.

You can read the whole teleconference HERE

Thats pretty interesting...The whole silly season drives me nuts cause 90% IMO is BS.

I love Silly Season :D

Being a Wingtips fan, I haven't had a cause to be involved or emotionally attatched to it in at least 25 or 30 years. However now Dave has a possibly semi-competitive car....RCR body with a lease motor.....I can't hardly wait to see who is going to be behind the wheel come Daytona.

Best guess is old man Sauter with Williams Bros. Lumber on the hood, (tho it might be Tim, or even Johnny on loan from RCR) but with the huge number of experienced plate racers that are going to be searching come February, it could be almost anybody behind the wheel of Dave's Rent-A-Ride.

That brings up a issue from another thread 71.

Reckon if a driver was to walk into Dave's shop and plop say around 200 G's on the table Ol Wingtips might haul that car to a racetrack and put him in it?

How about at $100 G's?

200 would do it easy imo. 100 or less with a you wreck it you buy it clause. Got's to figure at least 50 G's for a lease motor, tires, entry and hauling. Not sure about what it takes to hang a body.

And yea, I saw that other thread....all I got to say is....Huh?

I love silly season too. It's gives you something to talk about and get surprised about...of course if it doesnt prove true then you gotta just keep hoping...like Sauter and the #4 car. I'd just like to see him get in any Cup car but the 4 car needs a driver and he needs a Cup ride. With the rigth equipment I think he could be competitive in Cup.

That's what drives Silly Season, Car Owners obsessed with finding top-notch drivers. I cant wait to see if there will be a top 10 or top 20 driver that decides to switch teams next year.

Back
Top Bottom