Gaughan to 77 Kodak Dodge

E

esorlxaw

Well, they finally made the announcement, however, it seems like they're going to keep the number at 77. Kodak will be the sponsor and Gaughan is officially in the running for the ROTY...look out boys! Now I can get super excited about the season...looking forward to seeing his early tests!

here's the article

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Penske Racing and Jasper Motorsports finally made official Tuesday morning a deal that has been often-reported over the past several weeks.
Eastman Kodak Co. will sponsor the No. 77 Dodges in the Nextel Cup series this season, which will be co-owned by Penske and Jasper Motorsports. The companies forged a multi-year agreement for Kodak to be the primary sponsor.

NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series star Brendan Gaughan will drive the No. 77, and reported to Daytona International Speedway with the team Tuesday for the first day of a three-day preseason test.

Roger Penske's teams have been involved in NASCAR competition for more than 20 years, accumulating 53 Cup victories, including eight wins lasts season.

The No. 77 Kodak Dodge will be co-owned by Jasper Engine Exchange Inc., a long-time Penske business partner, and will have the benefits of its relationship with Penske's other Cup teams, the No. 2 Dodge driven by Rusty Wallace, and the No. 12 driven by Ryan Newman.

"Having the opportunity to partner with Kodak brings a tremendous amount of credibility to our race team and I look forward to the business-to-business opportunities that will develop from this new relationship," Penske said.

Gaughan said he was excited about joining the 2004 Nextel Cup rookie class.

"I appreciate the confidence that Kodak and the Penske organization have shown in my abilities, and I'm very excited about the opportunity to represent Kodak, one of the most respected brands and companies in the world," Gaughan said.

"I can't wait for the 2004 season to begin."

Jasper Engine Exchange and Transmissions, Inc., which has been the primary sponsor of the No. 77 Jasper car for the past 13 seasons, will become an associate sponsor with the new team. Jasper will be identified as the primary sponsor in four races each year.

In addition to its sponsorship, Jasper will provide engineering support and power train development to the No. 77 Dodge.

Now the rookie battle gets interesting, also now than Gaughan is going to Penske Racing, he's in a team thats capable of winning a lot of races a season.

Originally posted by Riggs10Fan@Jan 6 2004, 09:01 AM
Now the rookie battle gets interesting, also now than Gaughan is going to Penske Racing, he's in a team thats capable of winning a lot of races a season.
Agreed,

It is very nice to see another Las Vegan entering NASCAR Nextel Cup. Was at the Truck race a couple months ago where Brendan just flat-out dominated the thing. I've followed his career since he was in the lower leagues, battling it out at 'The Bullring' the 3/8-mile paved oval track right next to LVMS. It'll be interesting to see what he does and what he can accomplish in the top division.

Good, now it's time to make the announcement about the replacement driver in the #62!

I talked to Jim... Its going to be Steve Park in thw #62 Orleans Dodge... and Tyler Walker in the #61 Truck.... Branden is also going to drive a truck in few races for Orleans teammates w/ Steve Park and Tyler Walker..

has anyone seen the car... Its SHARP looking

Sure is.
77kodak-top-aa.jpg

One pic of the car

Attachments

• 77kodak_card_aa.jpg
    77kodak_card_aa.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 165
@ least the car isnt dull like #4 car was. I am rating this one TOP 10 best paint schemes.....

I Love the new dodges interpied noses..... I cant wait til the Daytona Charger comes in for 2005.....

Attachments

• 77kodak_nose_aa.jpg
    77kodak_nose_aa.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 144
Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 6 2004, 01:30 PM
I talked to Jim... Its going to be Steve Park in thw #62 Orleans Dodge... and Tyler Walker in the #61 Truck.... Branden is also going to drive a truck in few races for Orleans teammates w/ Steve Park and Tyler Walker..

has anyone seen the car... Its SHARP looking
:bounce: :bounce: for Steve!

announcemt woont be made for a least couple i weeks i heard....

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 6 2004, 12:43 PM
announcemt woont be made for a least couple i weeks i heard....
Who's going to test the #62 at Daytona then?

Finally Kodak will be with a team that has a chance of running again up front. I wouldn't get too optimistic about Brandon yet though. It is a new game and the others are going to have to learn whether they can trust to run with him.

Just saw this on Dave Blaney's official website's forum, from yesterday

I spoke with Lisa Blaney today (Dave’s wife) and she wanted to thank everyone for their patience and support during this off-season.
The reason there has been no comment from Dave concerning the 77 car was because he knew nothing and was told nothing by the Jasper owners concerning the changes with Penske.
In fact, he still hasn’t received any notification from Jasper that he was not going to run the 77 car during the 2004 season. Obviously by the announcement from the Penske folks today, Dave will not be in that car this year.
Dave is in Daytona and will be helping Bill Davis by testing the 22 Caterpillar car Wednesday. Scott Wimmer left after today's practice to get married.
Dave plans to race the 23 car for Bill Davis Racing in the Daytona 500 and a sponsor is in the works for the remainder of the season. Hopefully things will work out.
He does have a signed contract with Jasper for the 2004 season, so the most important part of Dave’s life will be taken care of---his family.
I hope this clears up some of the rumors and speculations concerning Dave.
Thanks,
Greg Criser
Dave Blaney Fan Club

Jasper Guys are kewl... I used to work for the Souvinour Program in thier Shop..

I think 77 is going to be a Top 5 team now...

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 7 2004, 02:55 PM
Jasper Guys are kewl... I used to work for the Souvinour Program in thier Shop..

I am a big fan of gaughan, but I think your a little early with that statement. I agree the potential is there.

Originally posted by Dinoforthe3+Jan 7 2004, 06:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dinoforthe3 @ Jan 7 2004, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 7 2004, 02:55 PM

I am a big fan of gaughan, but I think your a little early with that statement. I agree the potential is there. [/b][/quote]
I agree, just a little early to tell right now.

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 7 2004, 02:55 PM
So you think it's okay that they put a driver in the car ,without first telling their signed driver he wasn't going to drive for them?

That is pretty weak sauce, but then again, if he'd heard the rumours, he might have inquired about them...like when Marvin Gay heard it through the grapevine...you know?

Back
Top Bottom